Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the show last weekend with my nephew and niece and we saw "Zoom" with Tim Allen and Courtney Cox Arquette.
I thought it was really weird ... didn't really think it was one of Tim Allen's better films. :(

Queen Bee said:
Haaahaha. I only watched 40 minutes of that movie and had to stop watching because I was bored out of my mind. I don't care to see how it ends, but I'll probably eventually watch the rest anyway. I'm weird when it comes to not finishing movies :(

I couldn't tell you what the movie was about if my life depended on it.

Maybe I'm just slow :shrug:

got_edge said:
I couldn't tell you what the movie was about if my life depended on it.

Maybe I'm just slow :shrug:

It's the high schoolers that speak with rich vocabulary, isn't it
grumpyhug.gif

The Insider

10/10

Started off a little slow but picked up about 20 minues in. Russell Crowe and Al Pacino are amazing in this film. Crowe's performance as a regular yet flawed man under a great amount of pressure was very subtle and effective. I'm surprised I didn't watch this sooner since I consider myself a Pacino and Crowe fan. Veteran actor Christopher Plummer was great here as well.

got_edge said:

For a moment, I thought you were talking about Susie Q.
grumpywink2.gif

Brick 5/10

What?! :crack:

you're too kind. that was a terrible movie. it tried way too hard to be confusing about a relatively simple plot. kid goes looking for the person who killed his ex-girlfriend, and he finds him and the answer without any cool plot twists along the way. the crap about "oooh, what is this brick?" or "pregnant? whose baby?!?!?" (didn't she sleep with every male character in that movie?) wasn't enough to hold my interest. there are ways to do that sort of dialogue and make it work. i get that they were trying to use a certain style while breaking away from the archetypical characters such as semi-crooked detectives and con men by making the characters high school students. just no. this was boring. the total lack of extras, classes, ordinary things you'd see around a high school, whatever surrealism they were aiming for by putting a regular table lamp in the pin's car, none of it worked. or it did work, but only to add to the movie's pretentiousness.

but iwb, you say, you like david mamet! american buffalo had what, three characters in it? they all talk at each other and they all talk at the same time! mamet has the con men, the semi-crooked detectives. everyone is lying most of the time, and the plot is confusing because no one tells you anything (or because what they did tell you, you're slowly finding out was a lie). the dialogue is a part of it, not just a device used to make a boring plot look cool.

besides (i mentioned it elsewhere), whoever wrote brick really didn't seem so convinced that they'd pulled it off, otherwise they wouldn't have felt the need to include that scene at the end where whatshisface and whatsherface re-cap and explain everything that you just saw.

1/10

I forgot about my V review.

yeah, it's a solid 8/10.

if it wasn't as slow in the middle it would've been higher.

Best movie of '06 so far :up:

The Descent - 4/10

How did I get talked into seeing this? :grumpy: I'm really indifferent towards this movie. I don't have much to say about it. I heard the UK ending was much better than the edited US version. I just watched it on YouTube and it still doesn't change my opinion on the flick. Flaky plot, lame characters and it's full of your standard scare scenes. Meh.

Queen Bee said:
The Descent - 4/10

How did I get talked into seeing this? :grumpy: I'm really indifferent towards this movie. I don't have much to say about it. I heard the UK ending was much better than the edited US version. I just watched it on YouTube and it still doesn't change my opinion on the flick. Flaky plot, lame characters and it's full of your standard scare scenes. Meh.

But it's being compared to all of the modern day horror classics like Saw! Saw 2! and the yet-to-be-released Saw 3!11!one

:drool:

Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles 9.5/10

it's everything V for Vendetta desperately strived to be

deep said:
the illusionist

8/10 - ed norton
i saw this tonight. it was good, not great. it said it was based on a short story, which i'm now intrigued enough to read. it was a good story, i just wished they had tied up the loose ends a little better at the end. so i'd probably give it about a 7/10.

still, edward norton. :drool:

030805Norton3.jpg

lmjhitman said:

i saw this tonight. it was good, not great. it said it was based on a short story, which i'm now intrigued enough to read. it was a good story, i just wished they had tied up the loose ends a little better at the end. so i'd probably give it about a 7/10.

still, edward norton. :drool:

030805Norton3.jpg

yeah, the clever? ending was not all that tight

my 8 score is based on the over all high production standards
editing, p glass score, consistent acting by all. Rufus Suell, etc

Because of Winn Dixie - 7.5/10
The dog & Opal were so dang cute. Good story too

After The Sunset - 5/10
Pierce Brosnan/Selma Hayek/Woody Harrelson. Would have been a 4 but the 2 stars are easy on the eyes and the location was nice

Siren said:
The Insider

10/10

Started off a little slow but picked up about 20 minues in. Russell Crowe and Al Pacino are amazing in this film. Crowe's performance as a regular yet flawed man under a great amount of pressure was very subtle and effective. I'm surprised I didn't watch this sooner since I consider myself a Pacino and Crowe fan. Veteran actor Christopher Plummer was great here as well.

This is a great movie - it's one of those I watch whenever it's on :up:

Little Miss Sunshine 10/10

Great movie, maybe the best I've seen this year. It's heartwarming, funny, and adds just the right amount of social commentary to get you thinking. Did I mention funny?

The other thing I really liked was the film's music. The whole thing sounded like an Arcade Fire jam session. Not sure who did the soundtrack, but it really stands just as tall as this awesome movie.

:up:

O Brother Where Art Thou 10/10

Hadn't seen this movie in a long time and I forgot what a great piece of work it is. Great cinematography, directing, acting, dialogue & music. I even love George Clooney here, an actor who I normally can't stand.

angelordevil said:
The other thing I really liked was the film's music. The whole thing sounded like an Arcade Fire jam session. Not sure who did the soundtrack, but it really stands just as tall as this awesome movie.

Yesssss :love:

The film's score was one of the reasons I was really looking forward to seeing the movie because I'm big fan of the band. The music was from DeVotchKa's How It Ends album, stripped of vocals and edited to instrumental pieces. I highly recommend checking out the soundtrack. You won't be disappointed :drool:. I can't get enough of it. I've been listening to it daily for a week now.

Queen Bee said:

Yesssss :love:

The film's score was one of the reasons I was really looking forward to seeing the movie because I'm big fan of the band. The music was from DeVotchKa's How It Ends album, stripped of vocals and edited to instrumental pieces. I highly recommend checking out the soundtrack. You won't be disappointed :drool:. I can't get enough of it. I've been listening to it daily for a week now.

I'll check it out :D

I just saw the movie a few hours ago, and I'm already having minivan scene flashbacks! It really is a great film, and the music just adds to its quirky charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom