Remembering Kurt Cobain - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-05-2004, 04:42 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:10 PM
R.I.P. Always known for tragic ending for a band! Did you know Kurt wrote a letter before he died, it layed right where he died! Bono likes Nirvana! A cute man like him, always has great music tastes! Do you like The Foo Fighter? Dave Grohils was the drummer for Nirvana now he is the lead singer for The Foo Fighters!

Old 04-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #17
Local Time: 02:10 PM
I remember when he died very vividly and it was so sad cause it was only about 6 months after River Phoenix died......

and I could never of imagined Nirvana opening for U2, but how is this for a bit of trivia, Nirvana only ever toured Australia once and it was just before Nevermind became absolutely huge and they were the support act for the Violent Femmes, they didnt even come here as a headline act!!!!

Old 04-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #18
I Serve Larry's Stick
Local Time: 11:10 PM

Originally posted by tiny dancer
Hard to believe it's been 10 years.
Ditto...I was in eighth grade and home for spring break. My brother and I watched the coverage on MTV all day--I was saddened, but he was especially devastated.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #19
The Fly
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Nirvana is my favorite band besides U2. Foo Fighters are also one of my favorites. But I can't believe it's been 10 years. I think I'll go and listen to some In Utero or Nevermind...

Kurt Cobain rocks!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #20
The Fly
Local Time: 03:10 AM
I've been watching some tv about his life and passing today. I could have sworn I passed my limit but now I'm listening to a tribute on the radio. I didn't know much of him when he was alive but I can certainly see what is special about him now.

All this reminds me of Bono's conversations with Michael Hutchence. *sigh*
Old 04-05-2004, 06:41 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
I saw Nirvana in November of 93, 6 months later Cobain was gone. It was shocking news. Strangely the news came down 2 days before the first of 3 straight nights of Pearl Jam concerts here in Boston. The first show the band and Eddie said nothing for most of the night, finally breaking his between song silence after playing "Alive", saying something to the effect that we are all still alive and to be sure to stay that way. The 3rd night at the Orpheum theater Eddie changed some lyrics to reflect the loss of Kurt.
Dateline had a piece Friday night about the Courtney murdered Kurt conspiracy theories, some interesting stuff. Not sure how much I believe, but from the get go had suspicions that he was able to pull the trigger of a shoygun placed under his own chin under the influence of such a large amount of heroin (and of course then wipe his fingerprints off the gun before dying).
Also another strange Seattle coincedence...though they are not 100% sure it is fairly possible that Layne Staley's actual date of passing is also today in 2002. Not to mention Mike McCready turns 39 today.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

i wasn't quite 11 yet, my parents were extremly strict about what music i listened to. even if i had known who nirvana was and wanted to listen to them, i wouldn't have been allowed to. maybe this makes me less of a fan since i didn't get to the bulk of my nirvana listening until i was 16, but it still does mean something to me. i've still gone through 3 copies of nevermind, wearing them out and shit.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor
I remember exactly where I was: I was 15, and on my spring break, in my mom's car with her and my best friend on the way home from the store. I was shocked, saddened, and angry. I watched everything I could once I got home.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
I remember where I was, too, but I wasn't exactly sure who he was. My friends were very upset, and over the next few months I started listening to Nirvana more. Unplugged in New York will always be one of my favorite CD's.

I've been listening to Nirvana A to Z almost all day on a local radio station.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:12 PM   #25
Remember reading somewhere that Bono wanted to contact Kurt. He recognized that Kurt was troubled, and wanted to talk to him about dealing with fame and stuff.
Sadly, Bono never got the chance. (There was another "big" rock musician, whose name I forget, who also saw the danger signs and wanted to talk to Kurt. )
I was never a big Nirvana fan, but I did like their first album.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Talented, troubled man. May he rest in peace.
And may Courtney beat her demons so she can be a good mom to Frances Bean.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:47 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Originally posted by U2Kitten
This might not be the best place to say this, but I really feel sorry for little Frances Bean. She lost her dad so young in a terrible way, and her mom has, well, problems. I think she's with Kurt's mom for now, maybe she should stay there. She might grow up to be a rock star too. I wish her happiness.
I agree, I feel bad for her, too. I heard she got taken away from Courtney a few months back, though-she's living with other family members or something, I think. I really hope that Courtney gets over all the crap she's going through soon, too...I read an article about her in a magazine recently, and it's very troubling. Friends are really worried about her. Can't say I blame them.

Anywho...I would've been 9 years old at this time back in '94, but oddly enough, I do not remember hearing anything about it on TV. But it is definitely weird to think that it's been 10 years, I agree. I didn't mind Nirvana's music...they had some good songs. MTV2 showed nothing but Nirvana stuff all day today.

May Kurt continue to rest in peace.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:05 AM   #28
Jesus Online
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Originally posted by OzAurora
I remember when he died very vividly and it was so sad cause it was only about 6 months after River Phoenix died......

and I could never of imagined Nirvana opening for U2, but how is this for a bit of trivia, Nirvana only ever toured Australia once and it was just before Nevermind became absolutely huge and they were the support act for the Violent Femmes, they didnt even come here as a headline act!!!!
I remember they had a few shows booked around the place in very early 92, and my sister got tickets to one of the Hordern shows. "Come with us" she said"..."Meh, next time" I said....Next time....
<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 04-06-2004, 01:13 AM   #29
Neon Zebra
i was actually hosting a huge party that night.

when a friend showed up in a nirvana tee instead of her usual fashion, i asked her why. she said, omg, you haven't heard...

Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Some of you are making me feel very old.

I was living in Seattle at the time of his death (still am) and I went to the memorial they had for him at the Seattle Center.