Red Wings vs. Mighty Ducks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Wanderer said:
sorry!!! don't send patrick roy over to kick ass, oh wait, he wouldnt be interested, I'm not a woman...

:|
I will send Marcus Camby over though and then you will pay. Not like he's doing anything now anyways

AvsGirl41 said:
You really are an ass.

For your information, he never hit his wife. He wrecked a door and she called the police. By law, the police had to make an arrest because of the call.

Even if he had, abuse isn't something to make a joke about, nor does it even have anything to do with hockey playoffs.

yes, screaming in anger and pulling two doors off their hinges to get at your wife, to the point she phones 911 in terror to have him hauled away, is no big deal. i'm an ass because i think the guy is a low-life; he's a nice guy because he wins hockey games...

maybe he should try getting that angry with tie domi or something :down:

The Wanderer said:

yes, screaming in anger and pulling two doors off their hinges to get at your wife, to the point she phones 911 in terror to have him hauled away, is no big deal. i'm an ass because i think the guy is a low-life; he's a nice guy because he wins hockey games...

maybe he should try getting that angry with tie domi or something :down:

You are great at twisting posts around.

I never said he was a nice guy. I never excused his behavior on basis of who he is. I just stated that he had not injured her and was arrested as a formality. She could have pressed charges and didn't. It's not for you or I to question.

Your the one who made a joke out of it in the first place...and then claim I condone spousal abuse. Riiiigghht. Maybe you need to reread my post, which stated:

"Even if he had, abuse isn't something to make a joke about, nor does it even have anything to do with hockey playoffs"

And it *doesn't* have anything to do with the current playoffs, especially not the Ducks-Red Wings series. Last I checked, Roy didn't even play for either of those teams. But then, your pretty good at just causing trouble in these threads.

ok just back from crying in the corner. what the frick? i think sergei is still broken hearted over anna and its affecting the team. that's the only thing i can come up with.

well i wasnt gonna post this, but it just fits with gherman's last comment way too well not to post it

redwings.gif

really? He played really well last year with Pronger, but then Pronger got hurt and he was never really able to find his groove this year. So he was sent bacl to the minors and then we traded him to Florida for Valeri Bure. He seemed like he had potential so I dont know what happened to him this year, hopefully he will get a good chance in Florida.

Yeah,

I played with him a little bit at The University of Michigan. He's also from my home town, Lonodon Ont. He was probably had the most raw talent on the team but he tended to make some stupid mistakes on the ice. I remember his first game for St. Louis he turned over the puck in the Blues end and gave up a goal. They sent him back down for a while. I'm also good friends with Gashoff("Gasser") that played defense at Michigan. His dad was inforcer for the Blues a while ago, died in a motorcycle accident.

yeah, gassoff was a little before my day, but, i hear he was quite the enforcer
Bob Gassoff
By George Csolak

"I?m proud that I?m known as being tough, but I?d like to have people recognize my hockey skills. I?ve proved that I can fight. Now I have to work on the rest of my game.
During the rich heritage of the St. Louis Blues, many a tough hombre passed through town to wear the Blue note. There was Steve Durbano, Noel Picard, the Plager brothers, Bob "Battleship" Kelly, Andre "Moose" DuPont? the list goes on.

None, however, was as tough as Bob Gassoff.

Gassoff only spent four seasons with the Blues before his tragic death following a motorcycle accident on Memorial Day weekend in 1977. During those four seasons, Gassoff was not only the Blues? chief enforcer, he was evolving into a fine all-around defenseman and leader.

"He?s the most improved player on the club," then-Blues coach Emile Francis said during the 1976-77 season. The 5-foot-10, 195 pound Gassoff had improved his puck-carrying skills and his shot from the point. He also earned the respect of teammates and management for playing through injuries.

A native of Quesnel, British Columbia, Gassoff broke in with the Blues in 1973-74. The year before, he was selected with the 48th pick in the draft. In 28 games, Gassoff had no goals, three assists and 84 penalty minutes. The left-handed shooting rear guard played 60, 80 and 77 games the next three seasons and established himself as one of the most fearsome players in the game. In 1975-76, Gassoff had 306 penalty minutes. In his final season, he had a career-high six goals and 24 points, tracking in another 254 minutes in penalties.

While Gassoff never hesitated to drop the gloves in defending a teammate or fending off an attack from an opponent who wanted to try his luck, he became frustrated about the way NHL officials perceived him. In 1976 interview with the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, Gassoff talked about those perceptions.

"They figure that anything that happens to me, I deserve it," said Gassoff of the referees. "But I don?t think I play that dirty. When I go to take out a big guy ? and I?m not big ? they see me coming and they get their stick up. If I bring my stick up, even though I don?t hit them with it, the ref thinks so.

"I?m proud that I?m known as being tough, but I?d like to have people recognize my hockey skills. I?ve proved that I can fight. Now I have to work on the rest of my game.

I don?t want to be known as a goon. I?ll fight anytime someone tries to push me or one of teammates around, but I don?t go out on the ice looking for fights."

Gassoff was considered an integral player to rebuild the franchise around in 1976. Bernie Federko and Brian Sutter were drafted that year 1976 and the future looked bright from a personnel standpoint. Until that fateful Memorial Day weekend. The team had gathered for a post-season party at Garry Unger?s farm near Gray Summit, MO. Gassoff was riding his motorcycle and collided with a vehicle on a road near the farm.

He died a short time later.

Gassoff?s death stunned the Blues. It especially shook his defense partner and close friend, Bruce Affleck.

"It was just a big crush," said Affleck, "Gasser?s death really hurt," Federko agreed, calling Gassoff "irreplaceable."

The Blues failed to reach the playoffs the next two seasons. In 1978-79, they managed just 48 points ? a low water mark for the franchise ? en route to a 18-50-12 season. Affleck said the death of Gassoff and the team?s sudden collapse were no coincidence.

To this day, longtime Blues followers ? Affleck included ? say Gassoff was without peer as an enforcer.

"He was the toughest player I?ve ever seen," said Affleck.

anyway, to get this thread back on topic, big big game for the red wings tonight. if they lose they are pretty much doomed. you wings fans gotta be sweating bullets.

Been AWOL for awhile... but tonight I am the wall. Don't worry Wings fans... this bastard has your back!

i see you went into hiding to avoid the cu-shoke criticism. very shameful indeed.

Chizip said:
i see you went into hiding to avoid the cu-shoke criticism. very shameful indeed.

Partially true... but criticism is welcome. I think the Detroit media is much more harsh than the chipper. Anyway, the dog plays better when you tell him he can't play. All will be better tonight I proclaim!

wooooooooooooow

2-0 with about 18 min left in the 3rd

cujo whaks his stick down in disgust

this is crazy

crazy sweet

yea it was, but

who would have ever thought the ducks would be up 3-0???

amazing!!!

yea id like that, blues would have home ice over the ducks, and colorado edmonton would be interesting. let's hope it all holds up.

Oh well... the comeback will be just that much more interesting...

Watch all the fucking Red Wing fans are going to blame it all on the goalie again. I know something you guys can wipe the tears away with!

Back
Top Bottom