Red, White and Randboooooom!!!! - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #346
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
There is some weird noise coming from next door in the garage area. Earlier today my dad was outside and apparently the man next door was run off the road and was in a really bad accident on a back road that turns on to our street (for those of you who have been to my house you have not been on this road as I do not like it very much) and his car was totalled. He was able to walk back to the house and collapse on the porch. I guess he was cut up and bleeding pretty bad and was taken to the hospital by ambulence.

that's really scary. At least he was able to make it home and not collapse in the middle of the road with no one around.
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 12:42 PM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
So much for sleeping in and taking it easy today. In the last 2 hours I've walked around the lake in the hot sun, stopped at Caribou for a carmel cooler , picked up a few things at Trader Joe's, stopped at Half Price Books to pick up the 2 Irish history books I saw the other day but thought I wouldn't read but have been thinking about them ever since, put together my laundry to take with me to the house later, changed, and now I'm off to see Pirates....
Have fun at Pirates. My friend Margaret went to see it this week and said it was excellent. Typically I wait for the DVD release of most movies. But I think I may have to see it in the theater now.
__________________

__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

After the fact that's what I thought I should have done! I wanted to call the police. What an ass!!!
Call the police if you see it again. There is a law against animal cruelty and there may even be a local ordinance against doing anything to those geese. There is a preserve near one of shopping complex's in Grand Rapids, all kinds Geese live there and no one is allowed to touch them period, because of an ordinance.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
So much for sleeping in and taking it easy today. In the last 2 hours I've walked around the lake in the hot sun, stopped at Caribou for a carmel cooler , picked up a few things at Trader Joe's, stopped at Half Price Books to pick up the 2 Irish history books I saw the other day but thought I wouldn't read but have been thinking about them ever since, put together my laundry to take with me to the house later, changed, and now I'm off to see Pirates....
I saw Pirates last week....definitely worth it!

I think I'm going to use my ON GC's that I won during the QB and then I have to go through the bag of stuff that I cleared out from my desk last week.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #350
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Have fun at Pirates. My friend Margaret went to see it this week and said it was excellent. Typically I wait for the DVD release of most movies. But I think I may have to see it in the theater now.
I waited for the DVD for the first Pirates but had to go see this one on the big screen. It was still packed last week when we went...every seat was filled in the theater.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann


I waited for the DVD for the first Pirates but had to go see this one on the big screen. It was still packed last week when we went...every seat was filled in the theater.
I did as well. Actually my nephew got it for his birthday and told Uncle Mike I HAD to watch this movie with him. I wasnt that excited about it, but was pleasantly surprised. So I should go see it in the theater this time. I will probably wait for the crowds to die down though and see it in a few weeks.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Call the police if you see it again. There is a law against animal cruelty and there may even be a local ordinance against doing anything to those geese. There is a preserve near one of shopping complex's in Grand Rapids, all kinds Geese live there and no one is allowed to touch them period, because of an ordinance.
There might be an ordinance, that would be good to find out. The geese do hiss at people walking by, but they're just protecting their families, that's no reason to kick them...and it's just hissing, they're not biting anyone.



I have no interest in either Pirates of the Carribean movie.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #353
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 07:05 AM
I finally watched the first Pirates during my time off (thank you Netflix). I loved it and I now own it

the whole geese thing ~ I agree with BR, if you see it again call the cops. What a great example that man is setting for his son.

Kariann, your neighbor was lucky to make it back home ~especially since the car was totaled. Wow.
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #354
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg


I have no interest in either Pirates of the Carribean movie.
I haven't seen either one . But I did go on the ride today .
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern


I haven't seen either one . But I did go on the ride today .
I love the ride. My brother was TERRIFIED on that ride when he was 8; he thought real pirates were shooting real cannonballs at us in the beginning.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Okay, I have a moral dilemma. I would appreciate anyone's help, especially my fellow figure skating fans.

I've had the song Georgia on My Mind stuck in my head all day for no apparent reason, so I've been thinking of an OLD Scott Hamilton program to it (great program...green silk shirt...folding chair...trademark backflip...good stuff). I thought the version I liked was Louis Armstrong, but no.

It's Michael Bolton. I even did the iTunes preview and it's Michael Bolton. I Googled Scott Hamilton + Georgia on My Mind and there's no escaping it...it's Michael Bolton.



So my dilemma is...do I actually give Michael Bolton some money because, unfortunately, his is the version I like, or just find another version that's as good if not better?

__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #357
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
I finally watched the first Pirates during my time off (thank you Netflix). I loved it and I now own it

I originally was like...oh it's gonna be cheesy so I'll wait and watch it since I like Johnny Depp but then I loved it. I watched it when I was home sick. It's one of those movies that you watch for pure entertainment purposes. Captain Jack Sparrow is awesome!
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #358
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Okay, I have a moral dilemma. I would appreciate anyone's help, especially my fellow figure skating fans.

I've had the song Georgia on My Mind stuck in my head all day for no apparent reason, so I've been thinking of an OLD Scott Hamilton program to it (great program...green silk shirt...folding chair...trademark backflip...good stuff). I thought the version I liked was Louis Armstrong, but no.

It's Michael Bolton. I even did the iTunes preview and it's Michael Bolton. I Googled Scott Hamilton + Georgia on My Mind and there's no escaping it...it's Michael Bolton.



So my dilemma is...do I actually give Michael Bolton some money because, unfortunately, his is the version I like, or just find another version that's as good if not better?


I think the version one you are thinking of is Ray Charles which I think is the original version although I could be wrong on that but that one is the best so if I were buying it I would get Ray's.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann



I think the version one you are thinking of is Ray Charles which I think is the original version although I could be wrong on that but that one is the best so if I were buying it I would get Ray's.
Ray Charles!!! I bet that's who I'm thinking of! You saved me!



Edit: Okay, previewed it on iTunes, and I really am thinking of Michael's, but I'm still buying Ray's out of principle.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 04:39 PM   #360
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 07:05 AM
So I went to ON and with my $25 GC I got 2 blazers, a cool jacket, tee, vest, bracelet and earrings.
__________________

__________________
Kariann is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com