Recommend some music for me......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by SkeeK:
Underworld - just totally sweet. sweeter than a ninja, and god knows ninjas are totally sweet.
When I read this I got so pumped I almost kicked my mom right in the face!

This thread is cool.

Thanks for all the tips peoples- Audio Galaxy will be working over time for me
smile.gif

The Charletons - London group - bought their new album, Wonderland - sounds like U2 at times - their really great. "Your so Pretty" would be a good one to download.
What about REM or Hunters and Collectors - great Ausie rock band of eighties and early ninties.

Pamela

"Rock and Roll gives people the chance to not grow up" - Bono

Originally posted by PopTart, Pamela:
The Charletons - London group - bought their new album, Wonderland - sounds like U2 at times - their really great.

I agree. The Wonderland album is really fun. I love the songs "Judas" and "And If I Fall." And Tim Burgess....sigh....
icon35.gif

------------------
"Look for oceans walls/ to gaze upon/ these distance stars/ yeah, these distance suns/ are all the reasons/ are all the reasons/ the only season in my life" -- Neil Halstead
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Super Furry Animals

Vanessa Carlton

also.. if you subscribe to hotpress.com's newsletter, every week they send out an email of new things they're listening to.

But don't use kazaa to download.. virusvirusvirusvirus

------------------
"You just stretch it out and realise a whisper can be louder than a scream." ~Bono
*U2TakeMeHigher*

Icarus Line

old Incubus

Whiskeytown

Alkaline Trio

Smoking Popes

Black Halos :drool:

also another thing that's fun is finding covers an artist you like has done, or covers by other ppl of that artist

So did you find any of the bands I recommended on Audiogalaxy, OzAurora?

If Godspeed You Black Emperor! caught your fancy, I recommend A Silver Mt Zion as the next step. They comprise 3 members from Godspeed. They have this album (I forget the name) where everything was recorded in a shack in a couple of hours and thereafter the shack was set on fire. Another album He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms is very powerful, epic and moving.
http://www.cstrecords.com/html/cst009reviews.html

Also, dunno if I've mentioned this before but Shawn Feeney has some wicked tracks as well.

foray

Last edited:
Blue_Angel said:
try Electric Soft Parade!!

I really like these guys- they are one band that I would like to get some more music from and Foray I have been so slack of late and have not downloaded anything in ages but I will do some burning etc soon and to whoever recomended Vanessa Carlton- I cant stand her- too mainstream for me, I admit she has talent but it just aint my cup of tea:)

Back
Top Bottom