Ranga, Iceland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But that's a good sort of traumatising! Send away!

I really need to increase my U2 collection, then i'll graduate to being a full time U2 nerd, like my dear friend Axver! :D

I'm not entirely convinced some of those pre-Boy demos are a good kind of trauma ...! I mean, did we all really need to hear Tonight?

Shall forward on what I sent earlier, though. I think the files are reasonably small.

Oh, and don't worry, one day you'll discover girls ...!

Okay fair enough, it'll be more so hilarity than trauma! The amp crash was something for the ages ... :wink:

Forwarded.

Do you know many of the UF era b-sides? Truly glorious stuff.

And you may have missed a question asked by Bonnie last night - how familiar are you with TV Gaga?

Forwarded.

Do you know many of the UF era b-sides? Truly glorious stuff.

And you may have missed a question asked by Bonnie last night - how familiar are you with TV Gaga?

I've heard of UF era b-sides, as in i'm aware that they exist. But since it's UF and it's so brilliant then you may as well send me some. PS: If you love UF so much does that mean you also love/like EPAA? :wink:

Is TV Gaga some sort of 80's television show where U2 once performed in and has cult status throughout the superthread? :hmm:

I've heard of UF era b-sides, as in i'm aware that they exist. But since it's UF and it's so brilliant then you may as well send me some. PS: If you love UF so much does that mean you also love/like EPAA? :wink:

Is TV Gaga some sort of 80's television show where U2 once performed in and has cult status throughout the superthread? :hmm:

All the UF era b-sides are album-worthy. Do you have WAIA, or do you need The Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling too? And I really dig EPAA. Great song. Though its biggest fan on the Superthread is Ashley.

Yep. It's what gave us Womanfish.

As a matter of interest, my UF era ranking:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Bad
4. Bass Trap
5. Love Comes Tumbling
6. Boomerang II
7. Wire
8. Promenade
9. Indian Summer Sky
10. The Three Sunrises
11. Pride
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Elvis Presley And America
15. 4th Of July
16. MLK

In John's rate the song series, I'd give 1-13 all 10/10 (I'm not kidding, I'll do it), EPAA 9, 4th Of July 8, and MLK 6.

All the UF era b-sides are album-worthy. Do you have WAIA, or do you need The Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling too? And I really dig EPAA. Great song. Though its biggest fan on the Superthread is Ashley.

Yep. It's what gave us Womanfish.

As a matter of interest, my UF era ranking:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Bad
4. Bass Trap
5. Love Comes Tumbling
6. Boomerang II
7. Wire
8. Promenade
9. Indian Summer Sky
10. The Three Sunrises
11. Pride
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Elvis Presley And America
15. 4th Of July
16. MLK

In John's rate the song series, I'd give 1-13 all 10/10 (I'm not kidding, I'll do it), EPAA 9, 4th Of July 8, and MLK 6.

:up:

The thing is, i'm still only a developing U2 fan, which means there have been a few albums I haven't fully explored. Few of them include the earliest albums, although i'm progressing ever so sluggishly!

Probably because I decided to explore the wonder of the 90's albums first! :wink:

Next time I get my iTunes gift card i'll most likely purchase most of the rest of UF and WAIA.

Speak of the devil! Morning, John. :wave:

You STILL don't have all of UF, Vlad? Man, we need to do something about this fast.

Heh, I remember when I first got into U2 seriously ... I'd been a casual fan all my life, then when I was 16, in the space of about three months I bought all the albums I didn't have, and spent a lot of time online hunting down all the other non-album and unreleased tracks. It's served me well, heh.

Oh, and hey Danny, too!

Speak of the devil! Morning, John. :wave:

You STILL don't have all of UF, Vlad? Man, we need to do something about this fast.

Heh, I remember when I first got into U2 seriously ... I'd been a casual fan all my life, then when I was 16, in the space of about three months I bought all the albums I didn't have, and spent a lot of time online hunting down all the other non-album and unreleased tracks. It's served me well, heh.

Oh, and hey Danny, too!

Ax :wave: How is everyone today?

I was a casual fan for years too, heck I even watched Rattle and Hum a few times before getting into them :lol:

Ax :wave: How is everyone today?

I was a casual fan for years too, heck I even watched Rattle and Hum a few times before getting into them :lol:

I'm not too bad. Trying to find the motivation to do uni work. Eating leftover pizza instead. Rockin' the uni student stereotype right now. All I need is a beer or a glass of red wine to complete the look, but I have neither in the house right now.

UABRS and RAH are what really made me the fan I am today. Especially 11OTT on the former and Bad on the latter.

I'm not too bad. Trying to find the motivation to do uni work. Eating leftover pizza instead. Rockin' the uni student stereotype right now. All I need is a beer or a glass of red wine to complete the look, but I have neither in the house right now.

UABRS and RAH are what really made me the fan I am today. Especially 11OTT on the former and Bad on the latter.

That doesn't sound too bad, I have the same problem except I'm in college and trying to convince myself to work. Seeing my books for this year nearly made me cry

Heartland :heart: that is all

That doesn't sound too bad, I have the same problem except I'm in college and trying to convince myself to work. Seeing my books for this year nearly made me cry

Heartland :heart: that is all

All I have to do is write 250 words ... since, well, 250 words is a piece of cake, it's especially hard to convince myself to do it now instead of later. Kind of tempted to walk up the road to buy some wine instead.

HEARTLAND. :drool:

You know, I'm really tempted to try to do another ranking of all of U2's songs. Problem is, it's just such a massive task ...

All I have to do is write 250 words ... since, well, 250 words is a piece of cake, it's especially hard to convince myself to do it now instead of later. Kind of tempted to walk up the road to buy some wine instead.

HEARTLAND. :drool:

You know, I'm really tempted to try to do another ranking of all of U2's songs. Problem is, it's just such a massive task ...

As much as I know this is bad advice, Wine > Work :lol:

I did that once never again!

will you be purchasing the beatles remasters ax?

TWO COPIES OF EACH ALBUM!

I'll also go and buy Radiohead's entire discography in triplicate, and perhaps a few Arcade Fire CDs.

As much as I know this is bad advice, Wine > Work :lol:

I did that once never again!

Haha. I just wish the one bottle of wine I do have in the house weren't one I'm saving for a special occasion. And damn, it's now past 9pm so the bottleshop's probably shut by now. They're only open late on Fridays and Saturdays.

My method for rating U2's entire discography is to rank Boy, then rank October, merge the two rankings, rank War, merge War with BOctober, etc. But even that becomes really difficult by the nineties.

good idea, especially regarding arcade fire. then you can look forward to a wanking session with five or six people that come to mind.

I'll remind myself to bring the Animal Collective discography to this session too.

I expected a better comeback from you, Bonnie! Man, I'm just all let down now.

You'll be even more let down when I say something such as along the lines of thinking that the Beatles were more influential and technically gifted musicians than U2! Even with the Beatles snippets!

It's a ludicrously unpopular opinion that's bound to get me a'hammerin', but I'm just speaking my mind.

I am kind of sick of the Beatles right now, though. And would rather listen to U2 right now anyway.

he knows more about tv gaga than i do :lol:

I am that knowlegeable sort of guy.

I know, it's probably kind of sad, since i've only recently discovered the epic awesomeness it holds. I've heard at least half of UF that I can actually remember, yet only have ASOH, Wire, UF and Bad on my iPod so far. I was raking the leaves in the backyard on Sunday and I was listening to those four on my iPod while at it, ASOH is brilliant and by the time I got to Wire I started dancing with the rake. :|

I'll also go and buy Radiohead's entire discography in triplicate, and perhaps a few Arcade Fire CDs.

:drool:
Maybe except Amnesiac, Pablo Honey and Hail to the Thief. Not that they're terrible, they're just not as droolworthy. I may also need to extend my RH collection, i've only a handful of songs on iTunes.

You'll be even more let down when I say something such as along the lines of thinking that the Beatles were more influential and technically gifted musicians than U2! Even with the Beatles snippets!

It's a ludicrously unpopular opinion that's bound to get me a'hammerin', but I'm just speaking my mind.

I am kind of sick of the Beatles right now, though. And would rather listen to U2 right now anyway.

Ban.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom