Ranga, Iceland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ye Olde Traditions:

- Purity Test
- Kunstmuseum: U2 Save The Whalers
- U2: Annhilation Tour (There Will Be No Mercy!)
- U2 Demotivational Posters Thread
- U2 Song Anagram Thread
- 1986 TV Gaga RESPECT
- Bonus Duck

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them.

- Drunkposting, and the occasional stonedposting.
- Running diaries.
- For a little while, NationStates and iSketch.

And I may upload more photos later this week ... I've enough sources of procrastination as it is right now, though!

Ax, update your photos, damn it! I want to see more European awesomeness.

And Bonnie, what's all this talk of the Show?

And bye everyone who left! :wave:

The Show? I think this is the link: Adelaide Showground :: Royal Adelaide Show Home. The Royal one of Adelaide. I'm doing work there, 8:30-2 every day of it, selling this one particular showbag. It's pretty easy work for some very modest money, but it's better than nothing. Problem is, my co-worker does seriously fuck-all and I spend most of the time doing 90% of the work. She uses the fact that she's two-weeks into pregnancy as an excuse. The father isn't her current boyfriend. And yeah, she is from the Northern suburbs.

Otherwise, it's okay, except despite the short day, it's taken a lot out of my feet. Had to go to an overpriced Chinese massage place last night an' all.

Better get used to it, anything with the 'Superthread' tag is pretty much open for any and everything to happen in.

Knowing this thread, it'll probably become some intense political debate within the next 30 posts.

The Show? I think this is the link: Adelaide Showground :: Royal Adelaide Show Home. The Royal one of Adelaide. I'm doing work there, 8:30-2 every day of it, selling this one particular showbag. It's pretty easy work for some very modest money, but it's better than nothing. Problem is, my co-worker does seriously fuck-all and I spend most of the time doing 90% of the work. She uses the fact that she's two-weeks into pregnancy as an excuse. The father isn't her current boyfriend. And yeah, she is from the Northern suburbs.

Otherwise, it's okay, except despite the short day, it's taken a lot out of my feet. Had to go to an overpriced Chinese massage place last night an' all.

Oh, that's interesting. I think I've been to the Melbourne show... once? And all I remember was a big place filled with hay, and overpriced showbags.

And yeah, lazy coworkers are the bane of existence. Slap them mightily!

Knowing this thread, it'll probably become some intense political debate within the next 30 posts.

So, how about Rudd's lifting popularity, eh? :wink:

In other news, the Beatles Rock Band game looks like it's gonna be massively epic on every scale. I'm tempted to get a hold of it, but don't want to pay something like $400 for a Rock Band set, then another $500 for an XBox. So I will probably just stick to ignoring the Beatles.

True story.

In other news, the Beatles Rock Band game looks like it's gonna be massively epic on every scale. I'm tempted to get a hold of it, but don't want to pay something like $400 for a Rock Band set, then another $500 for an XBox. So I will probably just stick to ignoring the Beatles.

True story.

Rudd must be very popular in Brisbane right now after showing up in Lions garb.

I think my disinterest in the Beatles is well known here.

Rudd must be very popular in Brisbane right now after showing up in Lions garb.

I think my disinterest in the Beatles is well known here.

Yeah, to be honest I don't really care about the Beatles either, except apparently the game's really good, and Bono seems to like them a bit.

True story.

I'm really not a big fan of those music games, but I do happen to have a 360. Unfortunately, the game I'm most interested in at the moment isn't going to be released for another 9 months and is exclusive to the PS3. Kind of a downer.

As for the Beat Alls, well, it's funny you mention this relatively unknown band, as my brother has been going through a huge Beetles phase (the sort that everyone except Axver goes through at least once every three years) and it's beginning to rub off onto me, too. Wrote a couple good songs, those guys. Did you know that the biggest public crowd turnout to see the Beautles was in Adelaide? Reading that John Lennon would never forget riding down Anzac Highway waving to people gave me new faith in these Baetels. I might listen to this The Abbey Road one day.

Yeah, to be honest I don't really care about the Beatles either, except apparently the game's really good, and Bono seems to like them a bit.

Wait, Bono likes the Beatles? Whatever gave you that impression? He's totally never snippeted them!

I need to sleep. Should see you tomorrow for poutine at midday, U-Wen. Goodnight, folks. :wave:

John, U-Wen. :wave:

WHY AM l AWAKE AT THIS TIME DAMNIT!

I'm wondering this too. Could've very happily stayed in my warm bed. But then I realised with horror that although the book review I'm doing is due tomorrow, the book I'm reviewing is due back today. And I can't even hold onto it for one extra day since if I do, my overdue fines amount will reach $15, i.e. the point at which you have to pay up.

My band just finished our sell out song today, despite spending two hours doing complete fail before I stood up and recorded vocals in one take without us even having finished lyrics

Any one interested in giving their opinion of the final mix?

Crisis averted! Although I didn't think I could, it turned out I was able to renew the book. Thank god.

And John, I'm interested in hearing how badly you sold out.

I'm wondering this too. Could've very happily stayed in my warm bed. But then I realised with horror that although the book review I'm doing is due tomorrow, the book I'm reviewing is due back today. And I can't even hold onto it for one extra day since if I do, my overdue fines amount will reach $15, i.e. the point at which you have to pay up.

Oh, that sucks. I'm up because I was meant to have a meeting with my boss, whose son fell ill this morning. Oh well, I guess it means I'm up early for once.

Back
Top Bottom