Randoooooooom Says Bring On Pumpkin Bread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:

Someone was on CNN earlier...a past or current politician, I didn't pay attention...and she was thanking the government for all their help and saying the President was doing a great job. :| This was after they showed people in the convention center without food and water, clips of snipers shooting at rescue helicopters, looters, and talked about a mall burning down.

:tsk: I'm not even going to go there. Did you see the clip where they were talking about how bad it was at the convention center and showed the elderly woman that passed away and they just covered her with a blanket in a wheelchair and there was someone in a sheet next to her. That made me cry. There was a man on the other day that lost his wife that had me in tears each time I saw the clip.

Kariann said:

I know. I'm the same way. I've seen stuff that has made me teary and I cant believe that when people are left with nothing...not home...no job...maybe lost loved ones that there are people going around shooting, stealing and creating more chaos. It really makes you wonder.

It was always one of those places on my list of places to go. I wish I would have so I would have a visual now of what's missing.

arw9797 said:

he's doing a great job :up: 1000 people died in Iraq yesterday so I'm sure he's too busy dealing with them to worry about his country. :|
And we don't actually need armed forces in our own country when there's a disaster like this. They should definitely be over there so there's a very limited number to help out people who need it.

arw9797 said:

It was always one of those places on my list of places to go. I wish I would have so I would have a visual now of what's missing.

Since we were there almost a year ago it really hit me. I'm glad that I was able to see it as its was and sad for those who didnt because it was truly unique compared to the rest of the US and was one of our oldest cities so there is alot of history that is lost. There we buildings there going back to the 1700's. They can rebuild it all but the character would be lost...for me at least. The place I keep thinking about is Cafe Du Monde...yeah its a coffee place but that was one of my favorite memories...sitting outside with a cafe au lait and beignets. I would have loved for all of us to go there and go there just to go there for the beignets.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:yawn: :wave: :pumpkinbread: :evil:

:pumpkinbread: huh...................?
Schmeg, maybe you would like that.
for the record my vote on pumpkinbread is :drool:

New Orleans was also on my list of places to go.

Kariann said:

:tsk: I'm not even going to go there. Did you see the clip where they were talking about how bad it was at the convention center and showed the elderly woman that passed away and they just covered her with a blanket in a wheelchair and there was someone in a sheet next to her. That made me cry. There was a man on the other day that lost his wife that had me in tears each time I saw the clip.
Yeah, I saw that. :(

My mom had been complaining all day about how I'm living out of the living room and the kitchen (even though she TOLD me to put all my stuff in there for the carpet cleaning and the repainting!!!) and we watched a lady pick up the pieces of her house a few hours ago. :sad: I don't think she'll be complaining much about the living room now.

shari schultz said:

:pumpkinbread: huh...................?
Schmeg, maybe you would like that.
for the record my vote on pumpkinbread is :drool:

New Orleans was also on my list of places to go.
:pumpkinbread: looks good to me! :laugh: Maybe I'll have to try to acquire a taste this fall and then I'll always associate pumpkinbread with U2. Espeically since I seem to be in the minority here!

It was very nice for the Tennesee Titan to throw the ball to a Packer, they should do that more often:yes:

Kariann said:
I realized that I had been starting to watch too much CNN when I thought....Anderson Cooper...not bad. :eyebrow:
:shifty: Like attractive, not bad?

People on the radio this morning were saying that they dont' feel bad or consider the people left as "victims" because they were too stupid to stay :huh: My 90 year old grandpa lives a half hour away from us. If we were forced to leave in a rush like that it could take hours to get to him and by then it could be too late. I have a feeling a lot of 90 year old grandpa's were left behind over the weekend :sigh: Plus what about the people that did leave only with a few days worth of clothes thinking they were coming back home in a few days? They have no home, no personal belongings, no job, no money, nothing. I just dont' get why it appears that NOTHING is being done to help anyone down there.

shari schultz said:
It was very nice for the Tennesee Titan to throw the ball to a Packer, they should do that more often:yes:
A Patriot did that to a Giant. :huh: They got their asses kicked.

I just made my donation to the Red Cross through iTunes. Maybe it's not so evil after all. :love:

ok I can do that. While I might be dirt poor right now I do usually find .99 cents here and there for a song or two. I guess I can give up my songs this week and donate something.

Oh, Kariann, I've had a longstanding crush on Mr. Cooper. :shh: I know, I know.... It's nice to dream, though. :shifty:

I just made my donation to the Red Cross through iTunes. Maybe it's not so evil after all. :love:

Ok...I feel better then.

I'll be making mine through work so I can do the match thing.

arw9797 said:

ok I can do that. While I might be dirt poor right now I do usually find .99 cents here and there for a song or two. I guess I can give up my songs this week and donate something.

Yeah, when i thought I was going to be out of work next week I was still buying ABC and Cars songs, now that I know I have a job to go to Tuesday I feel better about sending the victims some money. I would have done that no matter what, though. My mom always says, "There's always someone worse off than you, always remember that." :sigh:

Anderson_Cooper-008.jpg

:whistle:

arw9797 said:
People on the radio this morning were saying that they dont' feel bad or consider the people left as "victims" because they were too stupid to stay :huh: My 90 year old grandpa lives a half hour away from us. If we were forced to leave in a rush like that it could take hours to get to him and by then it could be too late. I have a feeling a lot of 90 year old grandpa's were left behind over the weekend :sigh: Plus what about the people that did leave only with a few days worth of clothes thinking they were coming back home in a few days? They have no home, no personal belongings, no job, no money, nothing. I just dont' get why it appears that NOTHING is being done to help anyone down there.

True...we as a country go outside of our own to help and now it's time to take care of our own...it needs to start happening and soon.

Back
Top Bottom