Randooooooom: #34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| I went to the grocery store and had plans of making a big salad for dinner maybe a baked potato to go along with it. Instead...I had a bagel and a nice tall diet lime with rum :love: :drool: Who needs food when you have rum and coke with lime? :drool: :drool:

Ok this scene at work has me paranoid....

Me: Working on the computer minding my own business.
Mo the Mgr: *walks up* What's you social security number?
Me: Gives her SS# :eyebrow:
Mo the Mgr: *writes in on a mini post it note* Ok thanks! *walks away*

I've been paranoid ever since...it could be good or it could be bad. The job I posted for is still up on the board and the postings had been updated on the 21st which has me thinking that I didnt get it. There has been no notification for feedback however so I wonder if she needed it for paperwork for that. On the other hand I had a very very bad call yesterday where I ended a call with definite attitude with a customer and if it was listened to it would not be good so I am paranoid that for some reason she could have needed it for CA or something however that would have been done by my sup but I don't know if she's had to do that yet being new.

By the way in the call that brought on the attitude (I was in a bad mood to begin with when I went in) the lady was yelling at me and at one point told me that she hoped one day I would become handicapped and had to deal with a person like me. This all was because we can not call and get her credit card number over the phone unless she is in a store and shows a photo ID. Apparently her handicap would have her limping into the store since she asked if I wanted to see her do that.

*mini journal entry*

arw9797 said:
:yikes: I'm going to see QUEEN on Sunday night. :scared:

My brother has 2 tickets and none of his friends can go. His one friend that he thought was going has a new baby at home and decided he better not go. So...my brother called last night and asked if I would go. I couldn't say no. I don't like Queen...never have and can't say I ever will but it should be fun. :hmm: I wonder who replaced Freddie. It'll be weird going to a concert and not hearing U2 songs. I wonder if they'll play Arcade Fire before the band goes on stage! :der:

If it's a free ticket and live music it could still be a good time! I find it hard to turn down live music.

kellyahern said:

It's frustrating to really get into a band and then realize you'll never see them play.

that was me with 70's Kiss. It was my dream of dreams for about 12 years to see the original line up in full make up on stage together. "New" Kiss wasn't the same to me at all :tsk: I was just starting to leave my Kiss fandom behind when the originals got back together and painted it up again :love: I saw them 5 times with make up :drool: :drool: :drool:

At least I had that option. It was just up to the band to decide to do it.

I didn't know John Deacon isn't involved in the tour. Brian May is way too good of a showman to sit around doing nothing. I'm glad he's at least able to go out again. Queen or no Queen. He could do it all on his own if he wanted. I guess I'm looking forward to seeing him play live more than anything. I might not like the songs but I'll at least be able to appreciate his efforts.

:hmm: if I was Amanda's stash of bootlegs to trade and they were on the computer desk at the other apartment where do you think they would have ended up after the move??? :hmm:

:scream: :madspit: :rant:

I've been here for almost 4 months and I still can't find stuff. :|

Kariann said:

By the way in the call that brought on the attitude (I was in a bad mood to begin with when I went in) the lady was yelling at me and at one point told me that she hoped one day I would become handicapped and had to deal with a person like me. This all was because we can not call and get her credit card number over the phone unless she is in a store and shows a photo ID. Apparently her handicap would have her limping into the store since she asked if I wanted to see her do that.

*mini journal entry*

:hug:

I don't understand why people have to get all rude about a company policy that you cannot change.

From what I read before, she called you and wanted you to give her her credit card number? Is that right?

arw9797 said:

that was me with 70's Kiss. It was my dream of dreams for about 12 years to see the original line up in full make up on stage together. "New" Kiss wasn't the same to me at all :tsk: I was just starting to leave my Kiss fandom behind when the originals got back together and painted it up again :love: I saw them 5 times with make up :drool: :drool: :drool:

At least I had that option. It was just up to the band to decide to do it.

ARW what reunion shows did you go to?

Kariann said:

If it's a free ticket and live music it could still be a good time! I find it hard to turn down live music.

:up: Definately, if you go in with low expectations to a show alot of times you can be pleasantly surprised and blown away. :shrug:

ARW you should definatly go, I think you will have a good time and you cant beat the price! :wink:

kellyahern said:

:hug:

I don't understand why people have to get all rude about a company policy that you cannot change.

From what I read before, she called you and wanted you to give her her credit card number? Is that right?

Yep she wanted us to call to get her brand credit card number so she could place an order online. She got even more furious when I explained it was for her own protection that she would have go in and show her ID. :coocoo:

kellyahern said:

Speaking about skating, did anyone remember that the World Championships have started (it was on ESPN last night and will be again this evening)?

I didn't until it was almost over :reject:.
I tuned in in the middle of Evan Lysechek's (sp) program. :huh: WTF is it doing on ESPN and not ABC where you CAN'T GET AWAY from the commercials for it?!

I have been making fun of Johnny WEir for the last 24 hours or so. :shifty: And I still have a crush on both Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto. :silent:

Kariann said:

Yep she wanted us to call to get her brand credit card number so she could place an order online. She got even more furious when I explained it was for her own protection that she would have go in and show her ID. :coocoo:
Okay, I didn't get what you meant at first by calling to get her credit card number.

Call me jaded, but I think that if they flip out about safety policies like that, they're guilty of something. :|

Kariann said:

Wow :coocoo:.

Why couldn't she call and get it herself?

I know I always call and ask people to get my cc number for me - the more people that know my cc number the better! :rolleyes:.

Schmeg said:

I tuned in in the middle of Evan Lysechek's (sp) program. :huh: WTF is it doing on ESPN and not ABC where you CAN'T GET AWAY from the commercials for it?!

I have been making fun of Johnny WEir for the last 24 hours or so. :shifty: And I still have a crush on both Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto. :silent:

I think I was flipping channels and caught it just after Evan's lp - then I watched a couple of people and went to bed early again :reject:.

You didn't miss any of the medal contenders yet tonight :). I think that group is coming up next.

My sister is flipping between skating and "I Shouldn't Be Alive" on the Discovery channel :lol:.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

ARW what reunion shows did you go to?

:hmm: I don't even know! I only went to ones in MSP. Actually, they were probably all in St Paul. Must have been late 90's. Nothing in the 00's. There's no way I would go now even if it was free! :tsk: The drummer situation makes me want to :barf: Eric Singer replaced Peter Criss.........AND HIS make up!!!! :scream: What a scam! :mad: :mad:

Gene Simmons fire/blood act has the same effect on me as Edge's NYD solo. Watch out! :love:

I just got home from work......:up:
I missed one of my all time favorite dorky movies:(.........Murder By Death.........:love:

arw9797 said:

:hmm: I don't even know! I only went to ones in MSP. Actually, they were probably all in St Paul. Must have been late 90's. Nothing in the 00's. There's no way I would go now even if it was free! :tsk: The drummer situation makes me want to :barf: Eric Singer replaced Peter Criss.........AND HIS make up!!!! :scream: What a scam! :mad: :mad:

Gene Simmons fire/blood act has the same effect on me as Edge's NYD solo. Watch out! :love:

Peter Criss was the reason I liked KISS briefly. Once he left, I did to.

Kariann said:
Ok this scene at work has me paranoid....

Me: Working on the computer minding my own business.
Mo the Mgr: *walks up* What's you social security number?
Me: Gives her SS# :eyebrow:
Mo the Mgr: *writes in on a mini post it note* Ok thanks! *walks away*

By the way in the call that brought on the attitude (I was in a bad mood to begin with when I went in) the lady was yelling at me and at one point told me that she hoped one day I would become handicapped and had to deal with a person like me.

*mini journal entry*

I would have automatically asked why? about the SS # before I gave it to her........she would have gotten this :eyebrow: and a WHY?

Niiiice lady, I feel that you and I are living parallel lives. I had a customer, Trudy, who put me through the same crap. I got a "talking to" on the phone by her and then she asked to talk to the store manager. I gleefully transferred her back to the office.............she came in the other day :evil: All I had going through my head was "Ha! I told you so............" A coworker took care of her and I just had this little conversation in my head.....I hope I wasn't too transparent .......

arw9797 said:

:hmm: So it was probably 1996/97/98 in Minnesota only? They played their final shows with the original line up in 2000 I think. Peter left half way through that tour. Ace stayed on though until the 2003 tour when Peter came back, but Ace did not (they toured with Aerosmith). :shrug: I saw that one, wasnt bad, but not as good as the original line up obviously. I saw the original line up 2 times including the opener at Tiger Stadium. Without Peter AND Ace they should go back to 80's Kiss without the make up or just hang it up. I'm hoping they have chosen the hang it up route.

What makes me more sick than Singer wearing Peters make up is Tommy Thayer wearing Ace's :down:

Last edited:
Kariann said:

*mini journal entry*

Wow, I missed this before. THIS I can relate to! I think your job has alot of similiarities to mine. I deal with this kind of stuff all the time. All you can do is try to move on from it. I know its hard sometimes though. People can be so ridiculous on the phone.

Watching Worlds...John nicks is banging Sasha Cohen's skate guards on the boards...Coaches banging guards on the boards means I'm in trouble so I'm sitting here thinking, "Wow, he's REALLY upset about that slight two-foot landing!"

Blue Room said:

:hmm: So it was probably 1996/97/98 in Minnesota only? They played their final shows with the original line up in 2000 I think. Peter left half way through that tour. Ace stayed on though until the 2003 tour when Peter came back, but Ace did not (they toured with Aerosmith). :shrug: I saw that one, wasnt bad, but not as good as the original line up obviously. I saw the original line up 2 times including the opener at Tiger Stadium. Without Peter AND Ace they should go back to 80's Kiss without the make up or just hang it up. I'm hoping they have chosen the hang it up route.

What makes me more sick than Singer wearing Peters make up is Tommy Thayer wearing Ace's :down:

oh my god. I did not know that Ace was out and someone else was wearing the space boots :| Tommy Thayer?!?!?! :sad:

OK I'm going hurl now....I just saw a picture of him with ACE's make up. Shouldn't there be copyright laws on that? Oh wait...Gene and Paul probably own the copyrights to Ace and Peter's makeup. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom