Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought the worlds greatest slippers today. I can't get enough of them. My feet are sooo happy! I'm so thrilled with them that this is the 2nd thread I've mentioned them in :der: I posted in a pic in the purchase thread in LS. I saw them at REI a few months ago when I went to look for some shoes that were on summer clearance online. Didn't have the shoes I wanted at the store but I fell in love with a pair for North Face slippers....for $45! No thanks. I don't even like to buy shoes for that price unless they are walking shoes. I totally forgot about them and have just been wearing my 10 year old Old Navy slides that have seen better days. Out of the blue last night I thought of them (probably since my feet were frozen even with warm socks). So I went back today since there's one near my other job. They were on clearance for $19.00 :love::love::love: I talked about my damn slippers all day at work. My coworkers all thought I was nuts to be so happy about buying slippers. Soooo flippin excited to come home and put them on. I don't think they are ever leaving my feet. They are so warm and comfy I could do a happy dance :loveshower::loveshower::loveshower: REI was so busy that when I walked in I felt like I was going to an event, not a store, with the lines of people filtering in. I stood in line for over 20 minutes to pay but...so worth it :drool:

and for the record, I can't stand Old Navy. I think the quality of their clothes just blows. Cheap means cheap. So I'm impressed that my slippers made it this long. But everything else I've ever gotten from there doesn't last more than a year. I don't dry any of my clothes so it's not like I'm shrinking them. :shrug:.

I'm backing far far away from any Packer (and Brett) conversations for the rest of this year simply because I'm mad as hell that my team is done and that team is not. So out of respect for my fellow randooomer that's a fan of said team, it's best if I just back away for the season and keep my thoughts to myself.

I think I officially have the world's cutest cat. :drool: Wesley is laying on my computer desk, sound asleep in a little ball with his head upside down and purring. He purrrrrrs constantly. :heart: He also lays with his head upside down all the time, which just makes him even cuter. :heart:

I think I officially have the world's cutest cat. :drool: Wesley is laying on my computer desk, sound asleep in a little ball with his head upside down and purring. He purrrrrrs constantly. :heart: He also lays with his head upside down all the time, which just makes him even cuter. :heart:

:cute::hug:

I'm backing far far away from any Packer (and Brett) conversations for the rest of this year simply because I'm mad as hell that my team is done and that team is not. So out of respect for my fellow randooomer that's a fan of said team, it's best if I just back away for the season and keep my thoughts to myself.

:)

:cute:

A girl of few words today
Had day off and totally blew off pretty much everything I was going to do.
Sat on my ass and downloaded at Dawes concert and a Springsteen concert.
Had no oompf at all
Also read tweets about the Rose Bowl
<------It is all about the Badger to the left.......Jump Around and Do The Bucky
Yes, yes, I am a obnoxious Sconnie
Going between sheer jealousy and sheer excitement for co-worker going to the Rose Bowl.

I can relate, Shari. I've been off work since December 22 and won't go back until January 3. December 23, 24, 30, and 31 are university holidays. For the first time in all of the years that I've worked there, I also took the three work days between (December 27-29) as vacation, so that's a lovely stretch of days of sleeping, eating, etc. :D I haven't done much, either. Plan to go to a movie tomorrow, did grocery shopping today. Yawn . . . .

I just read this "Harmon Killebrew: Baseball Legend Killebrew Fighting Esophageal Cancer" on yahoo news. I want to cry. He retired from baseball a year after I was born so I certainly never saw him in action but he's a huge legend in Twins history. We even have a street named after him in front of the Mall of America, which used to be the site of the old Met Stadium where the Vikings and Twins played OUTSIDE before the craphole was built. I wrote a paper on him in jr high for a MN history class simply because I liked his name. I hope he'll be ok. That kind of cancer sounds really scary.

parents leaving for a party....my friends are coming over soon. I'm not in the mood. Had a crappy day. I hate new year's eve. So overrated. "nothing changes on new year's day...."

Pretty low-key here, too. MrPurrl is dozing on the sofa :)lol:); fireworks are exploding in our neighborhood; I may change the flannel sheets on the bed in a while.

Happy New Year, Randooooomers :hug:

Not a New Year's Eve gal either. Low key. Didn't feel like being social in person so I made no effort. I needed a couple days to myself. I have been getting cranky at work, home too, to some degree and I am not liking myself too much for that. Just that time of year.

how cruel is this...I've always said I'd love to see the Lions actually in the NFC North race instead of finishing dead last. I never meant it to be at the expense of my team. I :censored: cannot believe the Vikings finished dead last this year and both teams I despise more than anything are in the playoffs. :angry: All the Bears had to do today was win. FAIL :angry: I'm so, soooo, sooo damn mad right now over this season I could spit rusty nails. :barf:

I have two whole days off minus a few hours tomorrow night at job #2. I do not have to bake anything for anyone on my days off for the first time in weeks. I'm going to do laundry and clean :drool: I have a desk that I inherited from my grandparents that I've been trying to get in my room for a good year now. But out of sheer laziness on my part I've never made much of an effort to clean out my abandoned computer desk in order to make the switch. That's also on my list for the next two days. It's about half the size of my gigantic computer desk so I will gain some much needed space in my room. :love:

my brother rocks....he takes out a lot for flex spending because he has crohn's disease and never knows how much out of pocket $ he'll need to cover some of his treatments. Some years he's sick and needs more than others. Well this year was a good year for him so at the end of the year he had like $500 to spend or lose. So he told us all to make lists and he went to Target and bought tons because he couldn't find $500 worth of stuff "medical" to spend on himself. He bought me 8 bottles of contact solutions, contact cases, 2 huge bottles of vitamin C, tylenol, zantac, sudafed, cough drops, cough med, and some other stuff. I won't have to buy contact solution for a few years. He said everyone was doing the same thing on Thurs that the shelves were bare so he had to go to a few more Targets on Friday to spend it all. None of us will have to buy our OTC drugs this whole year. I love it. :heart:

my brother rocks....he takes out a lot for flex spending because he has crohn's disease and never knows how much out of pocket $ he'll need to cover some of his treatments. Some years he's sick and needs more than others. Well this year was a good year for him so at the end of the year he had like $500 to spend or lose. So he told us all to make lists and he went to Target and bought tons because he couldn't find $500 worth of stuff "medical" to spend on himself. He bought me 8 bottles of contact solutions, contact cases, 2 huge bottles of vitamin C, tylenol, zantac, sudafed, cough drops, cough med, and some other stuff. I won't have to buy contact solution for a few years. He said everyone was doing the same thing on Thurs that the shelves were bare so he had to go to a few more Targets on Friday to spend it all. None of us will have to buy our OTC drugs this whole year. I love it. :heart:

Awwww . . . bless his heart! Now, that is love. :love:

desks are moved. My old one fell apart as my dad and I were moving it so now it's in pieces in the family room. The antique desk had a sheet over it in our family room so Wesley would hide under the desk. He seems to be quite disturbed the his favorite hiding spot is gone. He was under it when we took the sheet off. He keeps coming in my room and making whining noises. Poor dude. I put a storage bin under it so he won't be able to sit under it in my room. I have one gigantic mess to sort through but I'm so happy to finally have made this switch. Maybe my room can now start to look like a grown ups room instead of a 16 year olds room. I have too much crap in here and not enough space.

and now my lazy ass is going to strap on some walking shoes and walk on the treadmill for the first time since LAST January. For the record I walked just about every single day until I fell on the ice and couldn't move for a few weeks (that was the day after the Vikings lost to the Saints and my old computer died. Not a good 24 hours for this one). Then I bought my Mac and forgot all about my walking routine....:reject: and then it was time to walk outside, which I did faithfully all spring/summer/fall. So off for my winter walking. This should be real fun with my nutty cat. I hope he's afraid of it and leaves me alone for a half hour.

how cruel is this...I've always said I'd love to see the Lions actually in the NFC North race instead of finishing dead last. I never meant it to be at the expense of my team. I :censored: cannot believe the Vikings finished dead last this year and both teams I despise more than anything are in the playoffs. :angry: All the Bears had to do today was win. FAIL :angry: I'm so, soooo, sooo damn mad right now over this season I could spit rusty nails. :barf:

:uhoh:

Yep siree, he does rock!

Sleeping thru the night is good, right? At least that is what I hear. I should try it some time.

Sleeping thru the night is good, right? At least that is what I hear. I should try it some time.

You couldn't prove it by me last night. Could not turn my brain off, and my arms and legs felt like there was electricity in them and had to keep moving them. Did you know you can count sheep and think of other stuff at the same time? Finally dozed off a little after 2:00 a.m. and woke up at 2:30 with a terrible nightmare. Didn't get back to sleep until after 4:00, which is way to close to get-up time. :huh:

Feel better, Kelly.

I'll be on the sleepless train tonight as tomorrow is my "monday" at the bakery and I'll have to be up by 4 am. I'm sure I won't be able to sleep til about 11 and then Wes will do one tiny little thing that will wake me up. Then I'll be wiiiide awake til my alarm goes off since I was never really all that tired to begin thanks to sleeping in really late today and had too much diet mt dew.

The stomach virus that's been going around here for a few weeks finally found me Sunday night. I feel better today, but still stayed home from work because feeling better does not mean feeling okay.

ooo...that's no fun. Feel better :hug:

my desk :drool: There's a few matching pieces that go with it but they're in our storage room. Even if I moved a few things out of my room I still don't think I'd have enough room for them. My grandma used this as her vanity. Removing my old desk gave me enough room to unbury my pretty little end table that I had next to my pretty little purple couch all those years ago when I actually had a decent paying job and could afford to live on my own :sigh: Some day......

anyways moving this in and my old desk out was a great way to kick off 2011 because it was just a tiny little goal I had for the entire year of 2010 and I never could get it done. Pay no attention to the mess on my printer. I have a bunch of paperwork I need to send in and it's the safest spot where I won't lose them :der:
IMG_5036.jpg

The stomach virus that's been going around here for a few weeks finally found me Sunday night. I feel better today, but still stayed home from work because feeling better does not mean feeling okay.

Glad you are feeling better kelly. It was a good idea to stay home and rest up. The more rest, the sooner you feel 100%.

my desk :drool: There's a few matching pieces that go with it but they're in our storage room. Even if I moved a few things out of my room I still don't think I'd have enough room for them. My grandma used this as her vanity. Removing my old desk gave me enough room to unbury my pretty little end table that I had next to my pretty little purple couch all those years ago when I actually had a decent paying job and could afford to live on my own :sigh: Some day......

IMG_5036.jpg
Gorgeous desk! We have something similar from my grandparents that my father has custody of right now.
Love the giant cupcake too, btw.

Back
Top Bottom