Randoooooom Curling Calendar Girls and The Flying Tomatos who Tolerate Them!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad: no cube!

I wanted to use my$100 rent.com visa gift card because it expires soon. Plus even though they say you can use it anywhere, you really can't :tsk: If you use it once then it won't let you use it again. So.....I just spent $100 at Target on stuff I wanted/needed but no cube :scream: The card wouldn't work at first :crack: I spent an hour filling up my cart and carefully adding everything in my head a million times and then it didn't go through the first time. I did buy a few neccessities :shifty: but really just crap I wanted.

I just applied to a job. This is getting scary.

Kinda :crack:, kinda :hyper:

Kariann said:

You'll get to see it in a few weeks. :)

:hyper: 3 weeks and 2 days. :shifty: not that I'm counting the days or anything....

I have one more month end to get through before I can relax and go on vacation. :sigh: I don't think next month end will be as bad as the last few, but you just never know. :tsk: :crack:

arw9797 said:

:hyper: 3 weeks and 2 days. :shifty: not that I'm counting the days or anything....

I have one more month end to get through before I can relax and go on vacation. :sigh: I don't think next month end will be as bad as the last few, but you just never know. :tsk: :crack:

I have to make it through one month of dealing with the new sup....I could go insane first. :banghead:

Schmeg said:

Dinner on you when you get your check??

:wink:

You know, I probably could do it! :laugh: :wink:

Lets just say my credit cards are going to have zero balances and my savings account will be increasing (no U2 tickets to purchase this year)! :hyper: Its a nice surprise when you are expecting to break even or possibly owe a little. I forgot I had some extra deductions this year.

Blue Room said:

You know, I probably could do it! :laugh: :wink:

Lets just say my credit cards are going to have zero balances and my savings account will be increasing (no U2 tickets to purchase this year)! :hyper: Its a nice surprise when you are expecting to break even or possibly owe a little. I forgot I had some extra deductions this year.

:( my credit cards will never ever have a zero balance. Ever. :sad: :scream:

arw9797 said:
there are way too many chat threads in pleba. Whatever happened to using plebans for all the :blahblah: ???
I haven't been to Pleba in forever. Even looking at the name on the forum jump makes me feel a little sick. :sigh:

Schmeg said:

Tip #1...

When looking through monster, write down names of the companies and then go directly to their websites. You could find a lot more on the actual website vs. monster. A lot of times they only post a small amount of the actual jobs available. Plus, everytime you use monster to apply for a job, the company pays for that service. Always remember...monster sucks! :madwife: Actually, getting laid off from that place was one of the better things that has happened to me in recent years.

:shifty: I don't have a tip #2, yet. I'm sure I'll think of something later :der: I just liked calling the above paragraph tip #1. :flirt:

Schmeg said:

I haven't been to Pleba in forever. Even looking at the name on the forum jump makes me feel a little sick. :sigh:

It does for me as well but I'm addicted so I still go in search of a cute new picture of The Edge. I haven't been able to find any with him playing his guitar though. It's all about Bono and Adam these days :sad:

Kariann said:
It's all about looking and no reading....that is my Pleba Mantra.

Have you been to the other place to see if there are and Edge guitar pics there?

yeah I've been there but not a lot of new stuff lately.

It's really hard to go through a thread in pleba these days when there is pages of nonsense and then one picture followed by more countless comments about a picture.

arw9797 said:

Tip #1...

When looking through monster, write down names of the companies and then go directly to their websites. You could find a lot more on the actual website vs. monster. A lot of times they only post a small amount of the actual jobs available. Plus, everytime you use monster to apply for a job, the company pays for that service. Always remember...monster sucks! :madwife: Actually, getting laid off from that place was one of the better things that has happened to me in recent years.

:shifty: I don't have a tip #2, yet. I'm sure I'll think of something later :der: I just liked calling the above paragraph tip #1. :flirt:
:lol:

Thanks for the tip; actually as I find something promising I go to the company's page to find out a little more about it. I kept seeing this one company all over the place...and then found they were a temp service...which isn't terrible for someone who's relocating and has no idea what they want to do when the grow up, but I need some benefits, too, and unfortunately I am living beyond my means at my current salary and I can't really go below it. Although one of the relocating perks is saving on gas and bridge tokens. But that's another story.

One place seemed pretty good so I applied through Monster and e-mailed the hiring contact to see what they meant by a few things and tell her a little bit about my "sports-oriented" background. Hooray for zeroing in on the TEAM aspects of one of the most individual sports going!

arw9797 said:

yeah I've been there but not a lot of new stuff lately.

It's really hard to go through a thread in pleba these days when there is pages of nonsense and then one picture followed by more countless comments about a picture.

I know...my scroll wheel gets alot of action since it gets to spin pretty fast while scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom