Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A description of the show last night from GS forum:
Now, as for the concert. OMG - worth every rain-soaked minute. Patrick claimed that they didn't even know they were going on until five minutes prior so they had no set list. As he put it "welcome to your own private GS jam session!" About twenty minutes into the show, Pat dared Purvis to do a running slide feet first into a huge puddle of water at the end of the stage. Being way in the back, I couldn't exactly see what was going on, but we got the general idea. So Pat dared Pete and Pete said "Only if you do it too". Crowd went wild as Pat looked at us consideringly. Then off came his pink hat, sunglasses (yes, sunglasses) and his mic. And in his button-down white shirt, Patrick proceeded to walk to one end of the stage, took off at a run, and slid into the puddle (I think it might have been a small lake by then, actually). From our view point, we saw him run across the stage and then disappear as he went into the slide. Then he suddenly popped back up, fists up in the air, white shirt absolutely soaked down the front. Crowd went wild. Pete, however managed to get out of his slide at that point, as some of us noticed. Pat announced the next song and away we went. Running gag throughout the show from that point on became Pat trying to get everyone else in the band to slide and them refusing.

Details here are a bit hazy so hopefully some others will chime in with song titles and other details I'm not remembering. And hopefully someone was sitting closer to the stage than we were and got some pics they can post. My pics weren't coming out clearly what with the darkness, the downpour, and the distance we were from the stage.

Anyway, Pat invited the man who puts the whole fair together up onto the stage towards the end of the show. His name escapes me at the moment. I can't remember who said what, but next thing I know, HE'S being talked into doing a slide. Pat takes one of his hands to do the slide with him, and suddenly, there's Twigger holding his other hand. The three of them did a running slide together. Even from where we were sitting you could see the splash.

From there on out, it became a free-for-all. Purvis took off at a run to finally do his slide. Pat teased Jessi about doing one and suddenly she was tearing off her mic to join in - in a very cute top that I hope wasn't ruined, I might add! Shouts for Ryan to join in were heard and he jumped down from his platform and did his part. Band was completely soaked. Crowd was going crazy.

During the encore, The Celtic Tenors were invited up to help out with Beggarman. At some point the Fuschia Band got up there as well. Can't remember if the Fuschia Band members did any sliding but the Tenors were right there with the best of them, sliding away!

The show finally ended at midnight. Just as Pat was saying they really had to end it but was giving the impression that they were ready to do more, a voice boomed over the fairgrounds loudspeaker that the Fair was now closed and everybody out! Pat shrugged, the band waved goodbye and that was it. Totally worth the wait in the rain.

kellyahern said:

You deserve it, it's a beautiful cake :yes: :up:

"It's a beautiful caaaaaaaaaaaaaaake, don't let it get away . . ."

sorry :shifty:

Seriously, well done arw :hug:

awwww....thanks! I worked really hard on it. It's a huge portion of my grade for the class. A lot of people did not take the report seriously. They thought we were just designing something on paper but not really making it so they either went over the top or totally simple. The ones that went over the top on their reports had a hard time creating their designs. We could only substitue flavors if something wasn't available but not the overall design. I had to give up raspberries in the center for blackberries because so many people had an actual layer of raspberry cream that we ran out. A few people really could not pull it off and ended up with bad grades. Others that went too simple were upset because they knew they could have done more. Our Chef said countless times, on top of it being in our course book, that we are indeed baking whatever we write on our paper so I don't get where the issue was with those that screwed up. Each cake had to be 3 flavors. Fresh fruit counted as a flavor so I ended up with 4 flavors since the berries were placed into the vanilla. The only layer I didn't really care for was the chocolate mousse on the bottom but I'm not much of a chocolate person so that's probably why :reject: Plus, I used a different kind of chocolate for the top so I really had 5 different flavors on top of having a decorated sponge.

I don't know why I kept thinking mine was too simple and I'd get a bad grade. I still can't believe the words that came out of my Chef's mouth about the cake. His table or "desk" is at the back of the class right by the table I was assigned to this term. I could hear everything he said to everyone else. He was so hard on so many people. His favorite question was "on a scale of 1-10 how hard was your cake to make?" When people said 7-8 he said "no, more like 3-4" :yikes: He did not ask me that question. He told me I did more than I needed to for the assignment. :yikes: He also said the only thing he was knocking me down for was 2 tiny little things that most people wouldn't normally notice but one of them is a huge no no for this kind of cake. Long story but I knew I was going to get knocked off for it but it was out of my control unless I wanted to redo my sponge :tsk: I only got 4 points knocked off of the whole cake so he didn't think it was too big of an issue, especially since I told him I knew it was wrong. A lot of people in the class got B's and C's on their cakes. I still can't believe what my little cake ended up to be.

It tastes so good. The orange bavarian tastes like an orange dreamsicle. My Chef told me that my orange layer was the best tasting bavarian or mousse he'd had so far that night and I was probably #9 out of 15 to be graded. :faint:

shari schultz said:
A description of the show last night from GS forum:
Now, as for the concert. OMG - worth every rain-soaked minute. Patrick claimed that they didn't even know they were going on until five minutes prior so they had no set list. As he put it "welcome to your own private GS jam session!" About twenty minutes into the show, Pat dared Purvis to do a running slide feet first into a huge puddle of water at the end of the stage. Being way in the back, I couldn't exactly see what was going on, but we got the general idea. So Pat dared Pete and Pete said "Only if you do it too". Crowd went wild as Pat looked at us consideringly. Then off came his pink hat, sunglasses (yes, sunglasses) and his mic. And in his button-down white shirt, Patrick proceeded to walk to one end of the stage, took off at a run, and slid into the puddle (I think it might have been a small lake by then, actually). From our view point, we saw him run across the stage and then disappear as he went into the slide. Then he suddenly popped back up, fists up in the air, white shirt absolutely soaked down the front. Crowd went wild. Pete, however managed to get out of his slide at that point, as some of us noticed. Pat announced the next song and away we went. Running gag throughout the show from that point on became Pat trying to get everyone else in the band to slide and them refusing.

Details here are a bit hazy so hopefully some others will chime in with song titles and other details I'm not remembering. And hopefully someone was sitting closer to the stage than we were and got some pics they can post. My pics weren't coming out clearly what with the darkness, the downpour, and the distance we were from the stage.

Anyway, Pat invited the man who puts the whole fair together up onto the stage towards the end of the show. His name escapes me at the moment. I can't remember who said what, but next thing I know, HE'S being talked into doing a slide. Pat takes one of his hands to do the slide with him, and suddenly, there's Twigger holding his other hand. The three of them did a running slide together. Even from where we were sitting you could see the splash.

From there on out, it became a free-for-all. Purvis took off at a run to finally do his slide. Pat teased Jessi about doing one and suddenly she was tearing off her mic to join in - in a very cute top that I hope wasn't ruined, I might add! Shouts for Ryan to join in were heard and he jumped down from his platform and did his part. Band was completely soaked. Crowd was going crazy.

During the encore, The Celtic Tenors were invited up to help out with Beggarman. At some point the Fuschia Band got up there as well. Can't remember if the Fuschia Band members did any sliding but the Tenors were right there with the best of them, sliding away!

The show finally ended at midnight. Just as Pat was saying they really had to end it but was giving the impression that they were ready to do more, a voice boomed over the fairgrounds loudspeaker that the Fair was now closed and everybody out! Pat shrugged, the band waved goodbye and that was it. Totally worth the wait in the rain.

they are so fun live!!!!!!!! I love it when Patrick boos the crowd, or even the band, if he says something that doesn't get the reaction he wants. He kept joking with our crowd that he was going to make us all wear foam cheese on our heads and then he'd boo with us! :heart:

There's nothing like seeing them live at an Irish fair. I've seen them play at clubs and it's not the same. People just sit there and stare at them like they suck :( But a fair is totally different.

Next year..........

I just checked my student portal. Despite my hard work on creating my own cake, I still got a B in the class. I knew I would. I got B's on the other 2 practicals. You can't get an A out 2 B's. I thought maybe an A for effort since I never missed a day, got A's on all of the assignments. But it's based on a points system and I obviously didn't get the amount of points needed for an A, even with the extra credit I did.

I'm sad. I've gotten 2 other B's but they have been in non-baking classes. This one hurts pretty bad. :sad: I'm now going to cry for a few hours and then I'll be ok.......

shari schultz said:
arw,
Always striving to be the best is what will make you the best. You done good :up:

thanks :hug: I still feel horrible....almost like I just failed a class.

I'm watching Dinner Impossible right now. Chef Robert is in a bakery this episode. Maybe that will make me feel better watching a Chef try to be a Pastry Chef. So far he has no clue what he's doing. I love the ancient equipment in the kitchen, especially the scales! They need to invest in some electronic ones! :der:

ok I don't care if that little chic in this episode is the owners daughter....she's being so disrespectful to Chef Robert! You don't talk to a Chef like that :tsk: :shame:

:reject: watching Beach Patrol ~ Honolulu..........
I am sitting here going, "I have seen that"
Now they are looking for a shark off of Lanikai Beach. *gulp*

:yikes: I just called a temp agency for a job. :( My current job can't offer me more than the 2 days a week I work. I have to stay there at least once a week to get my insurance paid but otherwise I need something else. My friend is a cupcake decorator through this place. She can make her own hours and gets paid more than what I make at my current job. I just hate temp agencies. They make you do all sorts of testing to hire you and then they promise you hours. Once they find you a job it's never what they hired you for.

About twenty minutes after I got to work I wanted to change my name.
I am so sick of hearing it called :crack:
I am gonna go curl up with pillows and stare at the tv and then fall asleep. Excitin' stuff. BTW, if anyone wants a numb foot/ankle I have one for ya *losing my mind*

^ again? :huh:
I am having flashbacks to being totally drenched at Irishfest.......*dripsallover* Unreal!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it is going to get uggggggggllllllllyyyyyyyyy at work. Days Of Our Lives is moving to 1 pm ............it will be against another soap on ABC (god knows which one) here. Both soaps have quite the following BY DIFFERENT groups of people at work. This is gonna be interesting:macdevil:

Greeting Randooooooooomers :wave:

I haven't been here in ages and the only excuse is that I have been busy with work and the mini fahs.

Work has been the stupid/sad kind of busy :sad:

The mini fah stuff has included going to a live production of Grease in Stanley Park and all that summer type stuff.

:wave: Hi fah, I meant to thank you for the postcard :)
Sorry that work is shall we call it "challenging". I had a :banghead: day myself.

I'm scared

it is yellow outside :uhoh:

and
God love the Aurora Healthcare billing dept. I was sent a check by them because "patient/guarantor overpaid"~$20 :heart: from 5/09/05.................................it is from the broken hand at work saga

^survived the yellow and now we are back to a nice gloomy grey
& I am looking forward to tomorrow ~ the sun is supposed to return (after 7 days :crack: ), I can sleep in and I am gonna clean, clean, clean! (so sad that the idea of cleaning makes me that happy:huh: )

:der: I was so tired tonight that I fell asleep watching TV. I woke myself up snoring :yikes: and then I thought it was 10:30 in the morning not night. :der: I couldn't figure out why it was so dark out.

I feel so refreshed though. I'll probably be up all night now :happy:

arw9797 said:

youtube hates me these days..........sloooooooooow :scream:
It is not just you. That video worked the best for me out of lots of others I have tried loading.
highly annoying :|

Back
Top Bottom