Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: hello randoomers

kariann, no hat? :(
arw ~congrats on the grades :up: (I cannot find the Def Leppard concert, yet :( ) I have had Munich for a month now and have not watched it yet........

kelly, :heart: the goofiness :)

I have been reading e-mails from a friend who couldn't go to the Bon Jovi concert at Summerfest because her son was getting married and she had tons to do. I think she almost had a breakdown ~ more from the missing Jon than from the wedding prep. I now wish I had gone..........damn my cheapness! Sounds like it was a really good show and they set an attendance record at the Marcus. I keep looking for a torrent of that, also. I have a feeling if they come around again I will be there :shifty:

*eta
Jon apparently said "see ya in January" at the end of the concert........:hyper::shifty:
How much ya wanna bet it will be the night of inventory............I think that is how it went the last time they played the BC.

Last edited:
Watching Live Earth
Daryl Stuermer :heart: is playing with Genesis. That would explain why he is not at Summerfest this year.

arw9797 said:

:reject: I got it from netflix almost 2 months ago and still haven't watched it :reject: Damn school kept me away from my favorite movie! :(

I'm the same way. I had The Queen for at least a month before I watched it and carried it around in my tote bag for a week before I finally dropped it in the mail. I now have had An Inconvenient Truth sitting on top of my DVD player to watch for a week....I'm guessing it will be at least another before I even think of watching it.

I have officially gone :coocoo:. I added OT for Job 1 again this week everyday except Friday.

Kariann said:

I'm the same way. I had The Queen for at least a month before I watched it and carried it around in my tote bag for a week before I finally dropped it in the mail. I now have had An Inconvenient Truth sitting on top of my DVD player to watch for a week....I'm guessing it will be at least another before I even think of watching it.

I have officially gone :coocoo:. I added OT for Job 1 again this week everyday except Friday.

I watched An Inconvenient Truth in science class. It was really good....a lot better than I expected.

I spent my entire day today floating in a pool :drool: :love: I stopped at the store on my way to my friends house to buy one of those noodle floating things. Best $2.50 ever spent! :drool:

they must be desperate on the news tonight. None of the regular weekenders other than Sven :combust: is on. A reporter that usually works from the field during the week is doing sports. :eyebrow: She doesn't really sound like she knows much about her segment because she keeps saying things like she's asking a question. :yikes:

one more and then it's off to watch food network........what is this Live Earth stuff going on? I'm so out of it lately that I didn't even hear of it until today. I watched a few bands on 2 different channels but I'm still not sure what it was for :reject: :reject: :der:

shari schultz said:
Watching Live Earth
Daryl Stuermer :heart: is playing with Genesis. That would explain why he is not at Summerfest this year.

He is from Milwaukee isnt he? Anytime Phil or Genesis are on tour he is with them. My best friend is a huge Phil/Genesis fan so I hear all about it. I have to say I'm sort of looking forward to seeing Genesis in September. I think its alot better than Phil solo.

I have to say I was a tad disappointed with The Police performance. I dont think the special guests added anything and I think Kanye sort of ruined the song. :shrug:

Yes, Daryl Stuermer is from the area.
I saw Phil Collins years ago at the Marcus Ampitheater. I have to say I thought it was a great show. His horn section was killer :drool:
It was also just fun to see Daryl get such a huge hometown reaction (standing ovations, screaming).........It was the night before the Great Circus Parade and when we got out people were camping out on the street to get great seats. As we were walking back to the car a limo pulled up, the window came down and a head popped out of the window..........it was Phil Collins and he asked, "I say, do you have any Grey Poupon". :giggle: We just stared and off he went. Once we got ourselves together, we burst out laughing. I guess he was heading back to Daryl's place...........

I didn't see The Police perform. From what I have read, no one thought Kanye was a "good thing"

shari schultz said:
Yes, Daryl Stuermer is from the area.
I saw Phil Collins years ago at the Marcus Ampitheater. I have to say I thought it was a great show. His horn section was killer :drool:
It was also just fun to see Daryl get such a huge hometown reaction (standing ovations, screaming).........It was the night before the Great Circus Parade and when we got out people were camping out on the street to get great seats. As we were walking back to the car a limo pulled up, the window came down and a head popped out of the window..........it was Phil Collins and he asked, "I say, do you have any Grey Poupon". :giggle: We just stared and off he went. Once we got ourselves together, we burst out laughing. I guess he was heading back to Daryl's place...........

:lol: I will have to tell my friend that one, he will enjoy it. I have seen Phil solo many times as I'm the friend that will go to see just about any concert. Phil is pretty good solo but its more of a "pop" show IMO. Genesis is more of a rock show, so I think thats why I prefer it.

I have to work tomorrow and go to school :scream: I haven't done that since March! It's only a short shift so I still get to lounge in bed in the morning. Unfortunately it ends late enough in the day that I don't have time to go home to change so I have to remember my uniform, shoes, books, utensils. :scream: On top of it, it's the start of a new term. Even though it'll be a familar Chef, same students I've been with since Jan back in our baking kitchen, the first day is always nerve-racking. Plus, tons of newbie students start tomorrow and since I'm 1 of 2 night student council members, I have greeting duties the second I walk in the building tomorrow. :yikes: Have to make sure all of the newbies know where to go, how to get their supplies, wear their uniforms.... It all seems like so much in one day but then I don't work for over a week :der: At least I only have 1 class this time instead of 2.

^school days, school days........................Enjoy the new class. More pictures :drool: :hyper:..........(combining the drool smiley with the hyper smiley can be kind of messy :wink: )

So the mini fahs are all away at camp and for the first time in years I have the chance to sleep as late as I want because I have to work tonight and what happens....

I wake up at 7:15 and can't get back to sleep :banghead:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I just bought tickets for Def Leppard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crappy thing is though that I waited too long and all of the good tickets are long gone. I think we're in the last row to the top :sad: but at least I was able to get a center section.

I'm going for a walk around the lake with a friend. Then we're both going to another friends house to go swimming in her pool before we all go to school. Once at school, we get to play with blow torches. :love:

I :heart: summer! :drool:

arw9797 said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I just bought tickets for Def Leppard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crappy thing is though that I waited too long and all of the good tickets are long gone. I think we're in the last row to the top :sad: but at least I was able to get a center section.
Yay, for you!

We were in the last row in the reserved section. The plus was that we had a bar to lean against :up:

Hopefully Mirror, Mirror will be played................

:sigh:
This weekend was supposed to be the Airshow at the lakefront. Airshow 2007 cancelled ~ they are looking for new sponsors. :( No Hornets, no parachutes, no bi-planes, no Blue Angels, no Thunderbirds :( .

I just made a butter cake that needed to be a lemon cake. I couldn't find a recipe for a lemon cake in my gigantic pro baking book :crazy: so I made up my own lemon cake recipe. I turned out soooooooo good.

My parents are having 26 people over to the house on Sunday for dinner and my mom wants at least 4 desserts. :crack: So far I have a rum/cherry custard tart that I made last night at school. Part of my lemon/coconut cake. Just need to make the frosting and throw on some coconut. I also need to make a lime cheesecake tomorrow then I have to find something chocolate to make. I think maybe a chocolate chiffon cake with chocolate ganache in the center. :hmm:

I don't have to leave the house until 5:30 to go to school. I'm normally in uniform and on the road by now. I feel like I'm doing something wrong by being here now. :slant:

arw9797 said:
then I have to find something chocolate to make. I think maybe a chocolate chiffon cake with chocolate ganache in the center. :hmm:

:drool: I definately have a chocolate weakness. Sounds awesome! :up:

Fortunately I get my Mom's homemade chocolate cake for my belated birthday tomorrow night. My absolute favorite. :)

:scream:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I just ruined a cheesecake for the first time ever in my life. It was going to be so beautiful too. :sad: I don't have time to redo it for when I needed to serve it.

I'm so sad. I want to crawl into a hole and hide. Sunday was supposed to be a big thing for me when my whole family comes over. I was finally going to be able to to showcase some of the stuff I've learned how to do and so far everything is turning out awful. The cheesecake is beyond repair. The water from my water bath leaked into the pan. I did exactly everything I've done at a school a million times and it didn't work. :sigh: The pans at school look really crappy but they must be better quality because they don't leak. :scream:

I just got back from the tackiest wedding ever! :tsk: I can't even believe that this was a family wedding. I've been to some real tacky things before but this one topped it for sure. :happy: What a waste of my night. :|

Back
Top Bottom