Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #646
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:43 AM
I called. The executive Pastry Chef answered. We spoke for 15 minutes!!!!!!!! That NEVER happens! Usually people will call and call and call and never get anyone that picks up the phone. He even said he's normally never in the office but just happened to stop by when his phone rang! I'm sending my resume. He sounded really interested in it due to the fact that my school has a location in AZ and they've dealt with students before. Sometimes up to 6 students at once. He is really concerned that I don't have previous baking experience outside of school though. I'm going to send my cover letter and resume now and say in the cover letter that letters of recommendation will follow tomorrow. He said he doesn't leave people hanging on so he'll call me back sometime this week. He was really nice. I was so worried I would talk to someone that wasn't interested.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #647
arw
Blue Crack Addict

cover letter and resume sent. I'm going to have my Chef send him a letter of recommendation when I get to school.

Now I just need to keep doing this until someone says yes. I have a few other resorts and 2 bakeries on my list.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #648
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:43 AM
That's good!! Seems meant to be that he just happened to be in his office when you called. Hopefully it's a go!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #649
Blue Crack Addict

I don't want to go skating tonight...I don't want to sit in rush-hour traffic when gas is $3.14 a gallon when I'm not making any money to be there. It's such a frustrating ride...it should not take 45 minutes to go 20 miles. Not to mention I haven't been an evening skater for years; I prefer the morning for a bunch of reasons.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #650
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I called. The executive Pastry Chef answered. We spoke for 15 minutes!!!!!!!! That NEVER happens! Usually people will call and call and call and never get anyone that picks up the phone. He even said he's normally never in the office but just happened to stop by when his phone rang! I'm sending my resume. He sounded really interested in it due to the fact that my school has a location in AZ and they've dealt with students before. Sometimes up to 6 students at once. He is really concerned that I don't have previous baking experience outside of school though. I'm going to send my cover letter and resume now and say in the cover letter that letters of recommendation will follow tomorrow. He said he doesn't leave people hanging on so he'll call me back sometime this week. He was really nice. I was so worried I would talk to someone that wasn't interested.
That sounds promising! Plus the whole not leaving you just hanging out there wondering is very professional. Good luck wishes to you, arw.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #651
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
I don't want to go skating tonight...I don't want to sit in rush-hour traffic when gas is $3.14 a gallon when I'm not making any money to be there. It's such a frustrating ride...it should not take 45 minutes to go 20 miles. Not to mention I haven't been an evening skater for years; I prefer the morning for a bunch of reasons.
Is this you just practicing or are you teaching the munchkins? No pay is the reason I ask.
I presume you finally got paid from that time you posted, "gee I would really like to get paid now".
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #652
ONE
love, blood, life

I forced myself to wake up. I think I could have just slept through the night if I hadn't done that.
Today was "angry lady" screaming about the price of some dishes at 7:15 this morning. She started off with a co-worker, the co-worker involved me ( gee, thanks~ how can I EVER repay you?) and then moved onto my boss. All three of us wanted to hide in the stockroom for the rest of the day at that point. I don't remember Christmas being this bad angry, impatient customer-wise ever.
To top it off a auditor was going to be in the dept today. I can say with complete confidence that there is no way everything is signed properly. Not proud of that fact, but being honest. When you only have 2 people working most days and then one of those 2 people leaves leaving one person to set a sale, stock and help customers it just is not gonna happen. /rant
Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #653
ONE
love, blood, life

Thank goodness the Packer/Dallas game is on tomorrow.
I don't think I could take one more day of the hype. I don't friggin' care if Tony Romo has dated Carrie Underwood and is dating Jessica Simpson
Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #654
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Is this you just practicing or are you teaching the munchkins? No pay is the reason I ask.
I presume you finally got paid from that time you posted, "gee I would really like to get paid now".
No teaching on Wednesday nights; just practice and I've been a lost soul without a coach out here. I've gotten paid since then...I make $14 for a half hour group lesson. Very nice!!!

I played hookie and went to the condo association meeting. Some of us who went complained about people playing music too loud...and now I hear loud music.

BTW, it's funny you called the skater kids "munchkins;" one of the teams at my old club was called Munchkins, and another was called Snowflakes, and when I had the synchro girls name the team, they came up with Snowflakes on their own. /dork
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #655
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
My sister has a downstairs neighbor who sometimes plays really loud music. But he always picks one song, and plays it over and over.

I was at her apartment once and he was playing Paul McCartney's "Coming Up" really loud over and over. We went out shopping, had dinner, came back 3 or 4 hours later - and he was still playing "Coming Up."

Sounds good about the externship arw .

And 7:15 in the morning? That's messed up.

shari, I feel almost obligated to watch that game now - since ESPN has drilled into my head how "rare" it is to have the "elusive" NFL network. They seem kind of bitter about that.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 AM   #656
Blue Crack Addict

Kelly, have you seen this site yet?

http://www.spamscamscam.com/read_letters.php

It's realllly long but very funny.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #657
arw
Blue Crack Addict

the executive Chef sent me a "thank you for sending the resume" response to me about an hour after I sent him the email.

I told my Chef at school all about it tonight when I got there. She's told all of us all along that whenever we need a letter of recommendation, she's on it. I barely got into the story and she said she would send the letter to him right away. I'm sure it's a template because there's no way she could have had something like that ready so quickly but what she said was sooooooooo good. It was filled with "Amanda is an exceptional student, leader..." Plus she said it has been her privilege to teach me over the last few months due to my positive attitude and enthusiasm for the pastry world. I think this letter helps my chances. He sounded like he was ready to take me when I said my school's name but obviously he couldn't say yes without reading a little about me first.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #658
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Kelly, have you seen this site yet?

http://www.spamscamscam.com/read_letters.php

It's realllly long but very funny.
I'd love to see the show that they made out of it

eta: Oh cool, they have a little youtube link.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #659
ONE
love, blood, life

People in cities across the state who don't have tv access to the game are driving to Milwaukee or Green Bay to stay in hotels and watch the game.
I am not so sure how this game is gonna go.
A local radio station is playing Dallas/Packers football on their x-box and so far Dallas is winning because our kicker missed 2 field goals.
Every angle is being covered.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #660
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh good Bon Ton has posted a larger than expected loss
It will be a day at work.

Quote:
We continue to manage our inventories and control expenses to plan. While we recognize that we are currently operating in a difficult retail environment, Bon-Ton's long-term plan is intact and we are confident in the longer-term potential of the Company. We remain on track to achieve our targets as they relate to the integration of Bon-Ton and Carson's, which will ultimately deliver shareholder value."