Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
:help: I don't have Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) on my computer and I am about to go on a tour of the East Coast with my iPod!!

ETA: Found it on an old CD. :)

YAY! You found it !

I was having a iTunes meltdown last night myself...............exclamation marks popped up next to my songs and said file could not be found..........*frick* I spent the eveing righting the situation. Whatever I did, worked............I have music.

I have to do some major cleaning of the computer after Christmas.

Pop Bono said:
My final project this week has been to make a wedding cake. I'm almost done with mine. I still have all night tomorrow to work on it. I'm going to toot my horn here by saying it truly is the best piece of work I've ever done for anything. I think it looks amazing. It all came together so easily for me this time around. Normally I'm freaking out about a final practical and hate my finished product. This time I'm just in love with what I've done. I can't wait to finish it up tomorrow. :love:
wedding cake :heart: pictures please.
Your closet is a mess? you should see the corner of my bedroom :yikes: Guess what I am doing tomorrow......

shari schultz said:
everytime that the little chipmunks from the chipmunk movie say "yippie, kai yay mamaceta" in the commercial I want them to use the alternate Die Hard movie Yippie Kai Yay version :shifty:

I'm almost ashamed of how much I liked that movie . . . I bought the soundtrack from iTunes :reject:.

"Dave, we're talking chipmunks. Of course we can get out of a cat carrier."

:up:

Schmeg said:
:|

And now I have purchased something online and I'm not sure when it will arrive; there was no option for "rush to Rhode Island" shipping or even a catalog-era disclaimer of "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery."

That was the deal with one of the gifts I got for my brother. Luckily it arrived yesterday. Amazon on the other hand sent me a lovely e-mail saying my dad's gift had been delayed, so I cancelled and have to go shopping tomorrow.

I also want to see wedding cake pics :yes:.

kellyahern said:

I'm almost ashamed of how much I liked that movie . . . I bought the soundtrack from iTunes :reject:.

"Dave, we're talking chipmunks. Of course we can get out of a cat carrier."

:up:
:giggle:

I will end up renting this................no one will go see it with me :(

Was supposed to go see National Treasure sequel tonight, but friend had a really bad day and canceled.

Sounds like Sundays Packer/Bear game could be a snow game (blizzard was just mentioned)...............:hyper: I don't start work until 2:45 so I can watch most of the game :up: Can't wait!

little preview.......

9583ec43.jpg

kellyahern said:

They shipped it today. It's supposed to be here by the 26th.

*jealous*

I can't believe how fast you're going to get it. Did you buy it online because you don't have an Apple store nearby? I was thinking about getting approved for the card and then just running to one of the stores in town to get it. No one is home during the days around here anymore so I didn't want any problems with delivery.

Do you know how you're going to transfer your files from one computer to the other? That's the only thing I'm worried about with going from a pc to a mac.

shari schultz said:
Was supposed to go see National Treasure sequel tonight, but friend had a really bad day and canceled.

Sounds like Sundays Packer/Bear game could be a snow game (blizzard was just mentioned)...............:hyper: I don't start work until 2:45 so I can watch most of the game :up: Can't wait!

I don't work on Sunday and don't have anything to do other than watch foooooooootballllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: I really hope this game is on in my area so I can see some rival action....plus I do the love a good snow game. The Vikes aren't on until Sunday night so I'm going to have a lovely day at home watching as many games as possible. :love:

ok off to bed.....my alarm is going to go off soon and I'll have to get up to go to my no good rotten job with mean people that want to buy things for gifts that we've been sold out of for months. "But it's all they want for Christmas this year and now YOU have ruined it for them........."

I can't wait until this holiday season is over. I'm about ready to murder the next person that yells at me at either job. Because everything is my fault for them doing last minute shopping! :scream: :mad:

One quick little story and then I'm really off.....

on Thursday I worked at WM. We sell gingerbread cookies in a nice holiday tin that everyone just loves. My store has been out of them all week. We sell them year round but during the holidays we have palets of them on the floor. Well the company put them on sale on Sunday and placed them in our weekly ad. We're out but other stores in the entire country still have them. The ad is for every single store, not just ours. People have been livid all week because they drove all the way out to our store for the cookies and we never should have placed them in an add in we weren't going to sell them all week.......even though the add clearly states "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" :der: So anyways people have been mean and rude all week over these stupid cookies. Yesterday this little old lady said to my manager, who is just the nicest guy I've ever worked for (seriously) "shame on you for ruining my families holiday dessert platter!" :der: He told me that he almost said "shame on you for being so cheap to buy them full price last week when we had tons of them and shame on you for doing all of your shopping last minute...." She had a cart full of holiday stuff, that was all 50% off, that she threatened not to buy unless he pulled a tin of these cookies out of thin air. :crack: He just went on and on all day long with the "shame on you" comments to all of us. I think this little old lady almost sent the poor guy over the edge. He only worked a 12 hour day yesterday to make sure all of the customer's on the floor were getting what they needed. I felt so bad for him when she screamed at him in front of the entire line of customers.

I hate retail. 8 more weeks of it and then I hope I'm done with it forever. I can't believe I actually thought working 2 retail jobs over the holidays wasn't going to be so bad. :scream:

Last edited:
^:crack:

I gotta say that people here are now resigned to the fact that the stores are sold out of advertised mdse (our ads also say while quantities last). They have just been shrugging and walking away. A couple weeks ago it was worse. Truck schedule was shiffted so the ads would come before the advertised mdse..........not fun.

I was up at 6:22.............much earlier than I planned to be thanks to a large piece of ice sliding and then falling off the roof right outside my bedroom.
Was in the middle of a rather sweet and funny dream.
I left the radio on last night and the station was playing Christmas music.
My dream involved pretty much the whole Oceans 11 remake group...........George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle (don't know why it was this group :shrug: ). These guys were rocking out on stage (George was the lead singer) to Santa Claus Is Coming To Town..........thanks to the radio still being on he sounded just like Bruuuuce :)

Then the damn ice (or actually it was the ice dam) fell off the roof. :mad:

arw9797 said:
little preview.......

9583ec43.jpg
wooooooooooooooooow! Gorgeous :up: way :up:!

(that cake could also be used as a celebration cake for your 20000 post............start slicing and shipping it out to interference ;) )

ETA
*pout* I just read your jouran entry..........styrofoam??? I understand, but I was really looking forward to munching on that cake :)

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

*jealous*

I can't believe how fast you're going to get it. Did you buy it online because you don't have an Apple store nearby? I was thinking about getting approved for the card and then just running to one of the stores in town to get it. No one is home during the days around here anymore so I didn't want any problems with delivery.

Do you know how you're going to transfer your files from one computer to the other? That's the only thing I'm worried about with going from a pc to a mac.

I haven't thought of how I'm going to do that either :reject:.

I ordered it online because I wanted to add RAM and get a bigger hard drive than the original model. I'm not sure if I'm going to be home or not when they're supposed to deliver it. If I'm not, I know where the Fed Ex pick up place is, so I can drive there to pick it up if needed.

That's a gorgeous cake :bow: :heart:.

I went to Best Buy today, and they were sold out of the digital picture frame I wanted to get, so I just sucked it up and bought another one because I knew I went in there at the last minute (it's really Amazon's fault for not having what I ordered weeks ago in stock).

Last edited:
interesting time in church tonight..................
mom and I need to be kept apart tonight. not a big thing but it was enough for me (and the pastor) to be confused briefly..........it all happened so fast.

It was loyalty (pledge) sunday a few weeks ago and with work and the bizarre weather here we haven't been to services lately. I filled out my pledge card and put it in my jacket pocket and planned to put it in the offering basket. Well pastor walked up to greet us before the services and mom must have felt EXTREMELY guilty about not being to church in while cause it went down like this:
Pastor: so how is everything
Mom (me standing next to her): we haven't been here for a few weeks because of the weather and we missed loyalty sunday and are you still collecting?
Pastor: collecting????
Me: confused look on my face
mom reaches INTO my jacket pocket lighteningly fast and pulls out my pledge card (along with my envelope) and hands it to him..........before the services out in the lobby.........
Me: outloud, in front of pastor "good lord, mom!" (yes it is good to take the lord's name in vain RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PASTOR). It all happened so fast.............pastor and I sheepishly half-grinned at each other and he handed me my envelope back. I glared at mom and headed into the church. Mom and I had a few words in the back of the church as we were walking in.

I really enjoyed it when during the services pastor made a comment about turning any pledge cards in via the offering basket......mom got a nice little nudge from me. / church rant

:happy: Merry Christmas :happy:

shari schultz said:
interesting time in church tonight..................
mom and I need to be kept apart tonight. not a big thing but it was enough for me (and the pastor) to be confused briefly..........it all happened so fast.

It was loyalty (pledge) sunday a few weeks ago and with work and the bizarre weather here we haven't been to services lately. I filled out my pledge card and put it in my jacket pocket and planned to put it in the offering basket. Well pastor walked up to greet us before the services and mom must have felt EXTREMELY guilty about not being to church in while cause it went down like this:
Pastor: so how is everything
Mom (me standing next to her): we haven't been here for a few weeks because of the weather and we missed loyalty sunday and are you still collecting?
Pastor: collecting????
Me: confused look on my face
mom reaches INTO my jacket pocket lighteningly fast and pulls out my pledge card (along with my envelope) and hands it to him..........before the services out in the lobby.........
Me: outloud, in front of pastor "good lord, mom!" (yes it is good to take the lord's name in vain RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PASTOR). It all happened so fast.............pastor and I sheepishly half-grinned at each other and he handed me my envelope back. I glared at mom and headed into the church. Mom and I had a few words in the back of the church as we were walking in.

I really enjoyed it when during the services pastor made a comment about turning any pledge cards in via the offering basket......mom got a nice little nudge from me. / church rant

:happy: Merry Christmas :happy:

:yikes:

I would have killed my mom if she did anything like this!

kellyahern said:

I haven't thought of how I'm going to do that either :reject:.

I ordered it online because I wanted to add RAM and get a bigger hard drive than the original model. I'm not sure if I'm going to be home or not when they're supposed to deliver it. If I'm not, I know where the Fed Ex pick up place is, so I can drive there to pick it up if needed.

That's a gorgeous cake :bow: :heart:.

I think I'm going to head over to the apple store later this week and ask them how to do this.

and :eek: thanks! I really do love what I did. I'm shocked that I did something so delicate looking......so is my mom! :der: It doesn't seem like my style to make anything like that but it just sort of happened on paper the night before I had to turn in my portfolio.

Thanks for the package Kelli! I got it last night. I'm going to also make up an 8 hour tape this week filled with a few things that I think she'll like on top of these dvd's. She's going to freak out when she gets it! I bought her U2 by U2 for Christmas and she said she's going to spend all of break reading it. :cute:

I send you some dvd's back later this week. :yes:

shari schultz said:

wooooooooooooooooow! Gorgeous :up: way :up:!

(that cake could also be used as a celebration cake for your 20000 post............start slicing and shipping it out to interference ;) )

ETA
*pout* I just read your jouran entry..........styrofoam??? I understand, but I was really looking forward to munching on that cake :)

I think randoooooooooom just needs to plan a little vacation to Phoenix this spring to try some of my deliciousness :sexywink: :flirt: I might not have too much time to hang out and stuff but anyone that's in the mood for a little trip is more than welcome to come on out to Phoenix and see what I do! :yes:

I can't decide if I want to stay at home today and do absolutely nothing but watch football or if I want to go out for a bit. I don't have to do anything until Thursday aside from a tiny little 4 hours shift at LE tomorrow, which I'm sure I'll get sent home early. So....I'm not sure I want to be stuck in the house. BUT, there's always a but....it is football Sunday :hmm:

I do want to run to Ulta, Best Buy, and Trader Joe's today :hmm: I have a feeling I'm going to be in my car driving in the snow in about an hour........

Back
Top Bottom