Randoom is a dish best served cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a live Coldplay special on muchmusic tonight :hyper:

I would have missed it if my oldest mini fah (9yrs) said 'Mom, do you like Coldplay'. I said 'yes, why?' Mini fah said 'because there's a special on tv tonight'

We both ran to the television :hug:

I swear I heard Chris Martin say 'unos, dos, tres....'

I swear he said it :yes:

Hi Queen Bee :wave:

I want to know where the weekend went :huh:

Tomorrow I am helping at the school all day and then on Tuesday I am going on an all day field trip up Grouse Mountain. I am going to be exhausted. I am looking forward to going back to work on Wednesday :|

Queen Bee said:

:ohmy:

I'll make you a copy of my DVD. :yes:

Thank you :hug:

The flood....ah yes memories....I will tell you the sad short story.

I used to have lots of records (close to 1500). When Mr fah and I moved into our current house I reduced the number to about 150. I gave them all to a friend of a co-worker (what a generous person I am but I digress). So in my now reduced collection were numerous great records (U2, Rolling Stones - original Sticky Fingers and Some Girls...) all my music vhs tapes (don't ask me why they were in the crawlspace....) Then one year our crawlspace flooded and we didn't realize it because we don't go down there a lot (at least we didn't). When we realized there was a problem the water had been sitting and soaking into various items that were stored in cardboard boxes for about 10 weeks...needless to say. I was really lucky that most of my concert programs were saved. I could say more but I said this would be short...

:)

Thanks again

fah said:
Hi Queen Bee :wave:

I want to know where the weekend went :huh:

Tomorrow I am helping at the school all day and then on Tuesday I am going on an all day field trip up Grouse Mountain. I am going to be exhausted. I am looking forward to going back to work on Wednesday :|

When are the mini fahs going to be on summer vacation? Isn't that coming up soon :hmm:

I think the last school day is the last Wednesday in June :hmm:

I am holidays for most of July and the first week of August :dance:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We are going back to Parksville for a week and probably Victoria for 3 days. We will spend the rest of our time going to Science World (we have a family pass), movies (the mini fahs want to see Madagascar, Mr Perfect and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory), going to the beach .... we're lucky we live in place where there is so much to do...if only it were cheaper.

In the I wish I hadn't said that department...I told the mini fahs that when they finished this round of swimming lessons I would let them all get a 'Build A Bear'. Their last lesson was this morning :uhoh:

fah said:
And I almost forgot that the oldest mini is going to spend a week at summer camp. She is all excited about it since she saw the movie 'The Parent Trap'.
fah said:
And another summer thing...

The mini fahs will be in soccer camp for a week in August for 3 hours each day

You and Mr. fah are awesome parents. :up: I always wanted to go to summer camp when I was a child.

Queen Bee said:
What's a Build A Bear?

Build-a-bear is a retail store where you build your own custom bear or other animal with it's own heart, message, that you select, stuff and pick out clothes for.

The cheaper bears with clothes retail for around $40 and that wouldn't be bad if I only had to buy one but I have to buy 3 and I know I will end up getting sucked into buying more clothes for them

On the plus side they are quite lovely and I think could end up being quite a keepsake :heart:

They have a web site somewhere

fah said:

Build-a-bear is a retail store where you build your own custom bear or other animal with it's own heart, message, that you select, stuff and pick out clothes for.

The cheaper bears with clothes retail for around $40 and that wouldn't be bad if I only had to buy one but I have to buy 3 and I know I will end up getting sucked into buying more clothes for them

On the plus side they are quite lovely and I think could end up being quite a keepsake :heart:

They have a web site somewhere

http://www.thebearfactory.co.uk/

We have something that sounds really like that here called the bear factory. You can watch your bear being stuffed and everything. They also make puppies and they give you them in a little cardboard dog house to carry around.

In London they had one in Hamley's and anytime we got near it there were loads of people carrying the little dog houses around, they were really, really popular. :laugh:

Hello all :wave:

Queen Bee said:
Hello! :wave:

I wonder if there are any build-a-bear/bear factories here. :hmm:

:wave:

If there aren't you could probably find one online, they seem to be really popular at the moment :yes:

Queen Bee said:
I just looked up build-a-bear on Google. A shop is opening in two weeks at one of our local shopping malls. :hyper:

:up:

it's really quite good fun to watch them making it

It's really hot here today. I am roasting in my room and the air conditioning is on...I think there is something wrong with it.

I finished day 6 of 9 and was cranky today. I feel like I really dont have a day off until I leave for Dublin since we have my family coming this weekend so I have be all social. I really want a lazy day.

I just ate a huge meal and my mom is picking me up in 20 minutes to walk around the lake :barf:

I walked up to the 7th floor today at work. That's really 14 flights of stairs since each floor is 2 flights. :faint:

I've been so damn hungry ever since I started walking again and using the steps at home. I better be losing weight :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom