Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mayor of LA wants CBS to move the Late Show to LA after Letterman's done.

I hope they don't. I like NY-based shows better, they're just different. Once Handler finishes her show, NY will have a majority of late-night shows - Fallon, Meyers, Letterman, Stewart, Colbert vs Conan, Kimmel, Ferguson, Arsenio.

Anyway, would probably be very dependent on whoever gets the gig.

First three seasons were strong but then it fell off a cliff unlike any show I'd seen at the time. Just terrible. MLP continued to be insanely hot though.

Was I the only one thinking that Craig Ferguson would replace Letterman? I would have loved for him to be the replacement, but I'm really looking forward to how Colbert does.

Anyone seen The Millers? Terrible show, a real shame to see two extremely funny people in Will Arnett and JB Smoove on such a bad show.

penny-dreadful_article_story_large.jpg

New series on Showtime, Penny Dreadful is better than I expected

you can watch it online here:

Full series premiere for Showtimes Penny Dreadful available online

Housemates have decided to not watch Bones for once and they're binge watching Black Books, which I'd never seen. It's fucking hilarious.

Well, gang, the Hannibal finale solidified that it's currently my favorite thing on TV, with respects to Louie.

Finally finished season 1 of Deadwood. The finale had a considerable amount of energy and tension compared to what came before it, culminating in killings both vicious and (arguably) merciful. Then that final détente between Swearingen and Bullock, followed by the sublime final scene in the main hall of the former's establishment.

Can't wait to see where it goes next.

Finally finished season 1 of Deadwood. The finale had a considerable amount of energy and tension compared to what came before it, culminating in killings both vicious and (arguably) merciful. Then that final détente between Swearingen and Bullock, followed by the sublime final scene in the main hall of the former's establishment.

Can't wait to see where it goes next.

So glad you're finally watching this. It has its quirks, but aside from The Sopranos and maybe the two or three best moments in Mad Men no other show has delivered sequences and moments that have satisfied me to the degree Deadwood at its best has. A shame it got cut short, though I'm of the opinion its unintended series denouement is pretty much perfect.

Deadwood is fantastic. Some of Ian McShane's scenes present the highpoint of TV acting performances for me. Not to mention that dialogue.

One of the better T V series you are not watching will get a season 2.

The first episode has now been seen by 3.6 million people through Showtime On Demand and the streaming Showtime Anytime. The series now averages nearly 5 million weekly viewers across its various platforms.

Screenwriter John Logan created the series and is writing every episode, which imagines a world in which vampires, Frankenstein's monster, Dorian Gray, werewolves and other monsters walk the streets of London.

In his review, Times TV critic Robert Lloyd called the show "darkly sublime."

Production on the second season will resume later this year in Dublin, Ireland and Season 2 is expected to premiere in 2015.

I will say if I had only read that the series sounds kind of silly, some that should be on the CW network. I think having just one real good writer is the secret.

Rectify was top notch last year. Haven't seen the season 2 premiere yet.

I recently saw The Returned which aired on the same station in the states.

(Not really spoilers, but just in case...)
Hmm, was gorgeous to watch like their other recent shows and a great examination into the nature of grief and moving on. Really liked the way they delved into the reverse of that too. But then they threw a bunch of mysteries into the final episode and I kind of tuned out. For a series that was so eloquent at focusing on the human reaction rather than the why, it was a shame to see the why ramped up to 11 at the end.

Two things.

1. First two S2 Rectify episodes were good. Glad to see it maintaining the tone and pace of Season 1. Also glad to see some other people finally catching on to it. I highly recommended it here last summer because I'm just that awesome.

2. The first episode of The Leftovers quite good and intriguing. There is little doubt from the pilot episode that Damon Lindelof belongs back writing/producing for television.

I only just read The Leftovers earlier this year, so I'm looking forward to watching the show.

I also watched about the first half hour of Tyrant before realizing that I didn't want to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom