Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the first season on Hannibal, having gone back to pick up where I'd left off in the last handful of episodes. I think I'll keep going with the second season, but I need to space them out a bit more. It's so relentlessly dark, I can't watch too much at once. I did totally love the finale.

Hannibal miiiiight be the best show on TV, please watch season 2 it's unreal. But yeah space it out.

It was people's chatter about season 2 that convinced me to go back and give it a second try. So yeah, will watch.

. Of course, since I thought the first couple seasons were fantastic, there is a chance that somewhere through the middle of the third I will change my mind

That happened. :down: I'll still finish it at least.

I stopped after the third episode. It was the best by far, but I just can't take that level of despair for 10 weeks per year.

Now, is The Strain worth catching up for in time for the finale or should I just go straight onto Fargo?

I've been rewatching Lost on Netflix. Say what you want about the ridiculous plots and unanswered questions and whether you liked the ending or not, but the thing that really shines on this television show is the incredible, incredible music. I've not watched a single show that has a better soundtrack. Especially the parts that are played over emotional scenes.

What are you watching lately, NSW?

Rectify Season 2 - Just finished

The Honourable Woman - watching via Sundance and am current, 2 episodes left

The Knick - will start once done with The Honourable Woman.

Excited about any Fall shows from the broadcast networks?

Maybe Gotham.

Did you watch The Leftovers?

No, but I plan to.

Are you insane?

I don't th….why do you ask?

Because I am.

Oh.

Do you like Hannibal?

Yes, looking forward to Season 3. That's a network show, so, that's rare for me.

Are you insane?

You asked me that already.

Are you?

Fuck, no.

Are you?

WTF, no.

ARE YOU?!?!?!?

Yes. :(

What's the "best" show on TV?

The Americans

Are you gonna watch The Flash?

Probably.

Do you watch Arrow?

No.

Do you watch Arrow???

Yes, fine, fuck, it's my guilty pleasure.

Will you watch Gracepoint?

Maybe.

Did you like Broadchurch?

Loved it.

So watch Gracepoint and see if they fuck it up.

Ok.

How did you like Season 2 of Orphan Black?

I liked it, did not love it. Will stick with it, though.

Why do you cry so much?

I don't even….

Thank you.

:lol:

I'm curious to watch Gracepoint as well. If it weren't the same actor, I might be less curious, but I'm looking forward to see what he does differently, or carries over from Broadchurch.

I'm enjoying The Knick but not loving it. I like the soundtrack.

NSW, what did you think of The Americans finale? Specifically:

1. How it turned out to be the dead family's son who shot them all in a splurge of artery soaked exposition;

2. How Felicity and Wigman are opposed on Churchdaughters indoctrination into the KGB?

The first fell pretty flat for me after a great season build up, but love that its led into a family / loyalty split like this. Looking forward to season 3.

NSW, what did you think of The Americans finale? Specifically:

1. How it turned out to be the dead family's son who shot them all in a splurge of artery soaked exposition;

2. How Felicity and Wigman are opposed on Churchdaughters indoctrination into the KGB?

The first fell pretty flat for me after a great season build up, but love that its led into a family / loyalty split like this. Looking forward to season 3.

Same as you. I thought #1 was the show's very first letdown or misstep...but, to be honest, it didn't feel THAT disastrous of choice to me....just out of character for a show that gets so much right, like......#2, because #2 opens so many potential doors, I loved it. Like you, very excited for Season 3.

[edited to remove personal information. No one likes a mean drunk, GAF.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got together a list of new fall shows I'm interested in checking out. Meanwhile, I just couldn't resist watching the premiere of Utopia...has there ever been a worse show?

(List of Fall Shows)

Hell's Kitchen - Wednesdays @8
Blacklist - Mondays @10 - Starts, 22nd
Gotham - Mondays @8 - Starts, 22nd
Mulaney - Sundays @9:30 - Starts, Oct. 5
Bad Judge - Thursdays @9:00 - Starts, Oct. 2
Red Band Society - Wednesdays @9 - Starts, 17th
Biggest Loser - Thursdays @8:00
Black-ish - Wednesdays @9:30 - 24th
Shark Tank - Fridays @9 - Starts, 26th
Stalker - Wednesdays @10 - Oct. 1
American Horror Story - Oct. 8

I am super excited for the Fall TV preview of Entertainment Weekly. It has to be coming soon. Maybe it'll be in my mailbox today! :drool:

NSW, if you're still around, you'll be pleased to know I just finished season 2 of Deadwood.

That was some damn fine TV.

Season 3 already ordered and on the way.

Perhaps this is premature, but I feel safe in saying this is the most impressive ensemble cast I've ever seen. Especially when you consider the difficulty of Milch's language, and how many last-minute adjustments he makes on set.

Just fantastic across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom