Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figure Matador is gonna end up shipping that thing any second now, so I'll just lay off until it arrives. Fucking PUMPED.

In terms of one-two punches on albums, how fucking spectacular is Hallelujah and Love Letter from Nick Cave's No More Shall We Part?

It was my favorite Nick Cave album until Push the Sky Away came along. Cave must be one of the most versatile artists in recent memory. None of the stylistic turns sound forced, either, which is more than you can say for a lot of other musical "chameleons."

Are you implying that our beautiful singer has weight problems?

Me? No, of course not.

bono_fat.jpg

I don't remember Camera Obscura sounding quite so Cocteau, but maybe it's just been too long since last I listened to them.

Liking this album so far. Unfortunately, I started it, thinking my lunch meeting was at 12, but it's at 11:30, so I won't be able to finish it right now :(

Anyways, was great. So pretty, so chilled, so much fun. I'm really liking it a lot. Second to last track was probably my favorite.

Me too. On first listen, I might even say it's their overall most consistent album to date. They usually have a fair share of filler in their albums, but I've liked pretty much every song. No single as "big" as something like French Navy, but it's all better as a whole.

I didn't want to be the one to say something like that, but of the two I've heard, I find it fairly superior in consistency to the last album.

But no, there wasn't a Sweetest Thing on this album.

Too bad they haven't done anything memorable in a long time.

The first two albums are classics, though.

That article could've been summed up with the dad classic "rap music? more like crap music"

Back
Top Bottom