Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to move to a climate like that. I'm glad we're moving into summer.:love:

Sometimes I think I hate summer here more than winter. Everything dies, and the mountains look hideous. At least we don't have to deal with humidity.

Why does Spotify keep recommending Busta Rhyme's new album to me?

Has anyone been to one of the Postal Service shows yet? If so, how was it? They're here next week, I still haven't bought tickets.

Saw them at Coachella and really loved the set. Jenny Lewis sounded great and having never seen them live, I really thought the songs were much bigger in that setting.

Arctic Monkeys first live show in nearly a year tonight. They'll undoubtedly play some new tunes. I'm really excited. I'm going to listen to the shitty camera phone-recorded versions of the songs, and there aren't very many bands I would do that for.

Here's the new song they played last night.

Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? (Live Debut) - YouTube

Show was so much fun. They played Fake Tales of San Francisco and Dancing Shoes for the first time in 5 or 6 years. Best part was no openers, so I was able to get home by midnight which means I'm not a zombie at work today. And I have Queens of the Stone Age tonight.

Broken Social Scene x Years – “Day Of The Kid” (Stereogum Premiere) - Stereogum

Toronto’s Arts & Crafts turns ten this year and they’re doing a number of things to celebrate, including the release of X a compilation of collaborative tracks from artists throughout the label. The comp will feature tracks from Feist, Stars, Chilly Gonzalez, and this track, “Day Of The Kid” from Broken Social Scene and Years. The song is ascendent and immersive, warm and building, the kind of thing that endeared BSS to so many. While the band may be on an indefinite hiatus, one of the A&C10 will include at one-night only performance from the group at Field Trip Festival in Toronto on 6/8. There will also be performances from Ra Ra Riot, Bloc Party, and more. Check out “Day Of The Kid” below.

X is out 5/28 via Arts & Crafts.

ArtsCrafts_X_608x568.jpg

Tracklist
Broken Social Scene x Years - Day Of The Kid
Apostle Of Hustle x Zeus - Bizarre Love Triangle
Feist x Timber Timbre - Homage
Still Life Still x Zulu Winter - Era
The Hidden Cameras x Snowblink - The Chauffeur
The Darcys x Ra Ra Riot - Time Can Be Overcome
Chilly Gonzales x Stars - Nothing Good Comes To Those Who Wait
Hayden x Jason Collett - Lonely Is As Lonely Does
Gold & Youth x Trust - Lady Bird
Amy Millan x Dan Mangan - Chances Are

Out next week. Don't think I'd heard of it previously.

I need to check the Chilly Gonzalez-Stars song. Really like his music, but I have no idea how it would work with Stars.

I've been told many times it's a "different type of cold" in the Northern Hemisphere as well. Like you can go outside when it's 2-3C and it'll be cold, but the sun will be out and it is actually kind of pleasant if you're wearing the right clothes.
Lol. I think it's just because we're used to it.

We're having lots of rain here at the moment. That's even worse than cold. I had to ride (on a bicycle) through a small hailstorm today. :lol:

That BOC track didn't do much for me on first listen. I laughed with the Daft who? top comment.

Debating going over to the venue to see if I can get a McCartney ticket on the cheap right now. I'll be seeing him in three weeks anyway but I'm bored and would like to tonight. HMM.

Yeah, it's a really nice album. Sorta like After Dark, good one to put on at night and just relax.

What do you think of the new Boards of Canada song, Cobbz?

Hey, what the fuck is up with that new Daft Punk song that sounds like Michael McDonald should be singing it?

Even I can get behind What a Fool Believes, but this sounds like a thin, silly parody

Yeah, it's a really nice album. Sorta like After Dark, good one to put on at night and just relax.

What do you think of the new Boards of Canada song, Cobbz?

Speaking of After Dark, I still don't have 2. I'm really annoyed it's $15 on our iTunes, despite our dollar being on parity with yours.

I'm waiting for Italians Do It Better to finally sell it. Lame they don't just have a preorder with a digital download included yet.

Sick new Disclosure song as well. Anticipating this album will be very near to the top of my year-end list. One for the house lovers, myself, HG, Mofo, et al.

I just danced all over my goddamned house to this, so thank you for that.

Back
Top Bottom