Random Music Thread XXXIV: Shouter cares more than you do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But don't feel bad, laz. I saw AC/DC in like 2000 and have one of those t-shirts. Not as sad an AC/DC era as the mid-'80s, obviously, but still pretty fucking sad.

Phil Rudd's pre-AC/DC band, generally associated with the Aussie Sharpie scene. Pretty fucking good, but their stuff is hard to come by and the lineups are so fluid that I'm never even sure of who's playing on what. Here they are, ladies and gents...Coloured Balls!

YouTube - ‪Mess of the blues‬‏

Rudd doesn't play in this video (or any others that I've seen), but I'm pretty sure that he plays drums on the studio version. It's been a while since I researched all of this shit.

Can we talk about how brilliant Chris Whitley was? And how completely underrated he still is? I still don't know how an unknown artist had a super producer like Lanois do his debut album, but Living With The Law is one of the best debuts of the 90s.

YouTube - ‪Chris Whitley - Living With The Law‬‏

YouTube - ‪Chris Whitley - Big Sky Country‬‏

YouTube - ‪Chris Whitley - Kick the Stones‬‏

And that was just the beginning of a great, but tragically shortened career. His daughter Trixie is now the lead singer for Lanois' Black Dub.

d149a60b.jpg

:D

I would just like to take a moment to sing the praises of modern technology.

Yesterday, U2 performed a blistering set at a festival in England, broadcast in high definition in Europe, while I was stuck at work.

Tonight, I've got the same HD transport stream on a flash drive plugged into my Blu-ray player, watching the same great performance in the same high quality.

We've come a long way from converting PAL VHS tapes to NTSC. Never would have imagined this 20 years ago.

Tonight, I've got the same HD transport stream on a flash drive plugged into my Blu-ray player, watching the same great performance in the same high quality.

So, good soul, where did you get that video from?
I downloaded the 1.2 GB one that is now on the torrent sites, but that seems to be a lower quality BBC rip (i.e. with the switch from BBC2 to BBC4 and all the talking).

Back
Top Bottom