Random Music Thread - CXII Mofo, it's Halloween, Change your avatar plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I more meant do you think they're good too, not whether it's sexual or not. That's obvious :lol:

Surely the fact the song is in my top five suggests agreement on all counts!

Were you at this gig? Crowded House Concert Setlist at The Corner Hotel, Melbourne on July 9, 2007 | setlist.fm

I still think about that Neil Finn-Paul Kelly gig a lot. Gotta get that DVD. Fuck me that was a good show.

God I wish I'd been at those Corner shows. The two Forum shows in 2008 were incredible, especially this one (I love that the printed set just had "Fingers of Love and whatever" for the second encore): Crowded House Concert Setlist at Forum Theatre, Melbourne on December 2, 2008 | setlist.fm

And oh man that Neil Finn/Paul Kelly show was amazing. I wish I could have gone to multiple nights but those tickets were obscenely expensive.

Kind of awkward in that all the wife does is nod and say "yeah" to everything he says.

Yeah I had high expectations but he didn't let his wife get a word in.

The first class bit was very funny though.

Laz, you'll be happy to know I purchased High Life yesterday. I really like that album. Vastly, vastly superior to Someday World, which is weird since that's the only one everyone seemed to give a shit about.

I'm really not into Halloween, but I love this picture, so I'll join the Halloween club and change my pic for a while.

is it and that i still don't know how to add an avatar to this thing?

Click "User CP" along the top menu bar. Click on "edit avatar." (Not "profile picture," which is something different.) Go from there.

I'm really not into Halloween, but I love this picture, so I'll join the Halloween club and change my pic for a while.

Click "User CP" along the top menu bar. Click on "edit avatar." (Not "profile picture," which is something different.) Go from there.

It took me far longer than it should have to remember how to change it.

I don't quite get the Protomartyr hype. They're decent, but their vocalist lets them down. Boring as all hell and usually lacking conviction. Sounds like he would rather be at home watching TV.

I remember someone here - Liam? - recommended their first album since I liked Eagulls' self-titled so much, but Eagulls actually bring it on vocals. Protomartyr have good musical ideas and this post is too negative for my overall impression (this gets a 3/5 on RYM) but I wish they'd find a vocalist who has at least a bit more personality than a cardboard box.

I don't think their singer is particularly great in terms of vocal talent, but I think he's lyrically really great. There's a nice balance being maudlin and overwrought, describing the ugliness of events within the song, and then approaching those events with a sense of humour that he hits really well, I think.

Remember when I said there wasn't any song on the new Disclosure that could touch first few on Settle? Well, I was wrong. Jaded is as good as anything they've ever done. The chorus is amazing.

Even when it's late, and you're tired, and you're almost home, when An Ocean in Between the Waves come on, you could keep going for many more miles.

(That Disclosure song is playing as I type this, and I didn't make a leap to turn it off. Progress on my part.)

An Ocean Between the Waves could go on for an hour and I wouldn't get tired of it.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah me too. The first listen was a bit underwhelming but I've kept coming back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom