Random Music Talk XXXVIV: Straight Outta Moncton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The album was a let down to me, overall, but I still dig that song a shit-ton.

Do not count this album as one I recommended, cos, I didn't, just the song.

JUST THE SONG FUCKMIX.

Learn to work
The saxophone
And I'll play just what I feel
Drink scotch whiskey
All night long
And die behind the wheel
The got a name for the winners in the world
And I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues

:heart:

Did Friggin Cobbler just step out of a friggin time machine? Jersey Shore references, years old AD jokes, and on facebook "uuh winning".

I'm awesome.

This. Although, perhaps we'll all get lucky and their egos will explode on release day due to douchebaggery (I find it hilarious that people were bagging on Will Sheff for coming off as a douche when folks have seemingly fewer issues with somebody like Kanye...or OH NOEZ! like fucking Bono...anyway, I digress). Then, with their egos crushed, maybe, just maybe they'll start making decent music again.

I'm with you. The last Kanye album was / is the most overrated album I can think of in years, and I actually like Kanye. I'll just come out and say it, that album sucked.

Did both of you really dislike MBDTF? I agree that it's hideously overrated, but I still loved it and I'm ridiculously excited for Watch the Throne.

New South Wales, has your opinion re: This is Happening changed? at all?

If I ever do become a DJ, like I said I was going to in grade six, I'm going to open every set with Do The Astral Plane and drop a significant portion of Someone Great.

re: this vik business, you would think someone who lined up for six days would know how to spell queue properly. que? that's a fucking spanish (or since it's canada, i should say it's also french) word.

He said "we're all U2 fans" or something to that effect. I don't ever want to be associated with fuckwits like that. I'd sooner disown the band entirely.

New South Wales, has your opinion re: This is Happening changed? at all?

If I ever do become a DJ, like I said I was going to in grade six, I'm going to open every set with Do The Astral Plane and drop a significant portion of Someone Great.

No, it remains a bitter bitter disappointment to me, but I don't speak of it anymore cos I know a lot of you cats really dig it. No use beating a dead horse......

I actually gave it a re-listen just last week, kind of hoping it would click or something....I'll do the same with Zonoscope, another album I had sky high hopes for that just completely underwhelmed me, sadly.

He said "we're all U2 fans" or something to that effect. I don't ever want to be associated with fuckwits like that. I'd sooner disown the band entirely.

yeah, kind of ruins that awesome drive home from connecticut yesterday where i listened to pop for the first time in ages. :sigh: bastards.

manuel.jpg

Good/Great albums NSW doesn't like:

1. This Is Happening
2. Zonoscope
3. MBDTF
4. Collapse Into Now

Still waiting for an explanation on the R.E.M.

I really dig Zonoscope, one of my most listened to albums this year. Not as good from beginning to end as In Ghost Colors, but still pretty damn good imo. I really dig Cut Copy :drool:

This is Happening did not do it for me either. I much prefer Sound of Silver. 'I Can Change' is a great track though.

I wouldn't mind hearing Knew So. Whales take on the new REM as well. I haven't gone back to it as much as I would have thought, but my initial reaction was very positive, easily their best album since Up.

That's convenient; I hate him too.
icon10.gif

Good/Great albums NSW doesn't like:

1. This Is Happening
2. Zonoscope
3. MBDTF
4. Collapse Into Now

Still waiting for an explanation on the R.E.M.

I try to give NSW a pass for disliking This Is Happening because I admittedly don't get much out of half of Sound of Silver. Everything after All My Friends sounds mailed-in to me.

However, disliking MBDTF is a lapse in taste, and I don't know what there is to dislike about Zonoscope.

We're like two peas in a pod.

BURN.

I don't know about a "lapse in taste"...

I love every song that comes after All My Friends. Watching JMurph struggle through NYILYBYBMD at their final gig (still can't believe I got to watch all that) was intense. :heart:

Oh, right, I always forget about New York I Love You. That's a great one.

Us V Them/Watch The Tapes/Sound of Silver is reaaaaallly boring though, and they're all in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom