Random Music Talk XXVII: The Return of Knife Crime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take much, to be honest.

Also, congrats on getting the special rate from Lance's Mom.

Cobbler-Mania-009-570x427.jpg

:lmao: The file name's even better! "Cobbler Mania"

Hey, are you drunk, too? I'm exaggerating. I am only nildly buzzed and on the bus home from dancing. I80s night, whoo.

Also, I really have to pee. Thank Jebus I'm almost home.

Also not having internet is not going so well. Monday can come anytime. New apartment is nice, but I have no cell service, so I feel super cut off from everyone, not just interf. Oh this modern world.
i know ms. black didn't cover this, but you know how sunday comes after...wards saturday? yeah, monday comes after that. just fyi. :wink:

on a serious note though, ugh. i've gone days without the net before (back in 'fiz when i had shitty, horrible road runner) and it was tough enough then. i couldn't do it now.

:up: please do, and report back in detail!

I first downloaded Aja illegally through torrents, as I do most albums. It was one of those many "classic" albums that one should hear, I gathered, and I had very little jazz-rock type stuff on my ipod. Imagine my satisfaction when the first five seconds of Black Cow assured me I had found exactly what I was looking for. All seven tracks are brilliant. I bought it on CD like a week later, and then travelled to the other side of the city to buy a used vinyl copy.

Well the danger on the rocks has surely passed
Still I remain tied to the the mast
Could it be that I have found my home at last?
Home at last
haha, i have a firsthand copy of the vinyl. my mom bought it when it came out so umm...even though it's not a contest, yeah i don't know where i was going with that.

but seriously though, i love that so many people on here love it. pre-internet i had no idea what the general population thought of them, and aside from my mom the only other people i knew that even heard of them told me they sucked, so yeah. though i hear that about, well, pretty much everyone i like. oh and btw i love your avatar, cobblertastic.

I will blame these last horrid typos on the fact that I was posting on my phone, while maintaining a polite conversation with the guy behind me on the bus who wanted to know what game I was playing on the phone.

Hey, tomorrow I get to go sing Carmina Burana with a big-ass orchestra, and while it's kind of a pain in the butt doing these mass choir things, the music is pretty awesome.

O FORTUNA! VELUT LUNA!

I'm back drunk and im here at the random music thread and it's taking everything i have not to write some wax philosophic post about how much i love taylor swift's music.

im probably gonna do it anyway.

Alcohol + keyboard = no.

I will blame these last horrid typos on the fact that I was posting on my phone, while maintaining a polite conversation with the guy behind me on the bus who wanted to know what game I was playing on the phone.

Hey, tomorrow I get to go sing Carmina Burana with a big-ass orchestra, and while it's kind of a pain in the butt doing these mass choir things, the music is pretty awesome.

O FORTUNA! VELUT LUNA!

ha, i hear you. i have a full keyboard and i still make typos (though i blame that on the keyboard being different than my last one so i still have to get used to it).

and ooh, awesome! break a leg :)

Of all the popular hipster bands, fleet foxes have officially become the worst because they fucking named a song on their album after the Gilmore Girls.

That shit is not cool. At all. In any sense.

If you;'re a fleet foxes fan, I feel desperately sorry for you.

The gal I hung out with is a gal I met through an Interferencer ( she rarely posts). She came to visit last summer despite the show being postponed, and we all hung out at the Zoo Station show. Well, her friend who lives here and I became friends from that fun night.

Interference brings people together!

She's actually traveled to shows with the Interferencer before, and it's so weird to hear her mention other people she met from the site. Like worlds colliding!

Of all the popular hipster bands, fleet foxes have officially become the worst because they fucking named a song on their album after the Gilmore Girls.

That shit is not cool. At all. In any sense.

If you;'re a fleet foxes fan, I feel desperately sorry for you.

I thought you loved Gilmore Girls? I'd have thought you'd have loved to see them declare their love for the show!

Wow sounds like I missed a national party.

I'm back drunk and im here at the random music thread and it's taking everything i have not to write some wax philosophic post about how much i love taylor swift's music.

im probably gonna do it anyway.

Alcohol + keyboard = no.

GAF I will read it.

I am only nildly buzzed

Ahh, the irony.

Yeah, yeah. Was he cute? Did you break him off the math?

I thought you loved Gilmore Girls?

I do, indeed.

In matter of fact, the Gilmore Girls (specifically Lorelai and Rory) are my favorite fictional creations in the history of fictional creations.

BY far my favorite television show of all time, and I've watched enough television to last a man six lifetimes.

Now, this dorky fuckhead lead singer of fleet foxes decides to write a song about Lorelai Gilmore?

No.

Not cool.

I'm done with them, and I'm done with him. That shit jumps the proverbial great white shark.

I will never listen to another note of his music and i will not care if he showed up on my doorstep with a briefcase of money, a tube of toothpaste, and an apology. That shit is beyond sacrilege.

Nobody has the right to do that except for maybe the good lord himself and Luke Danes.

What a bullshit move.

I'm going to start wearing a t-shirt that reads in all capital letters FUCK FLEET FOXES in bright neon green and im going to punch Kyle Orton/Robin Pecknold in the jaw.

Actually, he doesn't deserve my fist on his face. He's a fucking dork dweeb geek punk and he deserves to be tortured for decades and allowed to live only until his final cry is an echo of the voices of all the nerds who tried to make it famous and died at the hands of a poster on an internet message board.

What a fucking fascist fuck. Sing for the hipsters. Get your ugly, fat, bearded band to sing one last harmony with you, for all the hipsters. All the Texans, all the thieves. All the young and bored housewives. All the tight-lipped Tuesday salesmen. All the people who thought they'd make it big, and ended up compromising. Get em. And then I will burn you to the dirt for treading on cultural ground that you don't dare deserve to walk on, you miserable piece of shit.

mobvok said:
wait no it's cool go to bed

:lol:

Is Gilmore Girls that show where the two female main characters speak too fast to understand? Or am I thinking of something else? Cos I hated that show.

I'd like to know, gaf, if you're a man of your word. Like if you actually met the lead singer of Fleet Foxes would you really do all those things you just posted?

Martha, where are you road tripping this time?

April will find me in Salinas, and in July (late June as well), I head out to San Antonio and then I'll meet up with Steve for a few days on a friend's cattle ranch on the panhandle, southeast of Amarillo; after that we head to Taos for our anniversary. The way home will be through Mesa Verde, (hopefully) Monument Valley, and Grand Canyon. I've never been to the Canyon in summer.

Hey, are you drunk, too? I'm exaggerating. I am only nildly buzzed and on the bus home from dancing. I80s night, whoo.

Also, I really have to pee. Thank Jebus I'm almost home.

I was buzzed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom