Random Music Talk XXII: GAF, Hitman of Shitty Opening Acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mofo likes liars!

and all these years i thought it was supposed to be an insult.

:wink:

False: the YEAH's abrupt transition into Fight For Your Right is the greatest moment in the history of recorded sound.

To me, at least, they reminded me of electro-ier Elbow, but with Chris Martin on vocals.

I hope that last bit didn't turn you off of them.

:huh:

The only vocal comps I've heard from talking to people in person about Twin Shadow are David Bowie and the dude from Editors.

This is Happening at #2, Sir Lucious at #4, The Suburbs not in the top 10.

12154416302105498124qubodup_flat_grin_smiley_emotion_icon_emoticon.svg.hi.png

no sign of Los Camp! though, not even in the honourable mentions. :down:

Daft Punk's cameo in Tron: Legacy totally made the movie. Also, Jeff Bridges' continuous channeling of The Dude through glorious phrases such as: "Radical, man" and "You're totally ruining my zen, man."

Golden.

Daft Punk's cameo in Tron: Legacy totally made the movie. Also, Jeff Bridges' continuous channeling of The Dude through glorious phrases such as: "Radical, man" and "You're totally ruining my zen, man."

Golden.

You and Cobbler the spoiler tag is there for a reason :grumpy:

I need to start completely avoiding EYKIW. It is making me dislike U2, who is probably my second favorite band ever. How many times can you have the exact same argument?

"Crazy Tonight sucks!!!"
"No, Crazy Tonight is awesome!!!
"No, Crazy Tonight blows!!!"
"No, Crazy Tonight is the shit!!!"
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

I never cared for the original Tron, but I actually kind of want to see the new one. I didn't know I wanted to until I saw the trailer on TV this week.

I desperately want to see the original Tron, but getting ahold of it has proved to be a bitch. I just wish I could figure out why videos choose to not play right on my computer any longer so I could just watch it online.

Oh man, I forgot how high-strung people are about spoilers here...:wink:

I never cared for the original Tron, but I actually kind of want to see the new one. I didn't know I wanted to until I saw the trailer on TV this week.

DO IT! But in IMAX 3D. It's the only right way to see it.

I desperately want to see the original Tron, but getting ahold of it has proved to be a bitch. I just wish I could figure out why videos choose to not play right on my computer any longer so I could just watch it online.

This is when torrents become your friend.

Oh man, I forgot how high-strung people are about spoilers here...:wink:

DO IT! But in IMAX 3D. It's the only right way to see it.

This is when torrents become your friend.

The thing was, I was going to post that just at Cobbler, then I read your post and was like "AHH! !!!! Make it all stop" :lol:

I'll take that under advisement even if the post wasn't at me :wink:

It's not just that though, my computer won't play any video files right for me :(.

Shit yeah! It wasn't on youtube before. I can watch it on my Playstation. Thank youuuu!!!

Well, Turn Off The Cock has been delayed AGAIN, and apparently Boner and Hedge are going to NY to work on change ls, possibly adding new music, etc.

So much for finishing up that next album during the tour break.

This musical is now officially starting to piss me off.

Unless we hear they're going to be working on it for months or some damn thing, I don't know why anyone would assume it's going to change anything.

If the May release date for an album is even true. The album might not come out then, but that doesn't necessarily mean Spidey was to blame. :shrug:

Don't U2 always go through a cycle like this with their albums? Stuff happens, other commitments get in the way *Shrugs*.

I need to start completely avoiding EYKIW. It is making me dislike U2, who is probably my second favorite band ever. How many times can you have the exact same argument?

"Crazy Tonight sucks!!!"
"No, Crazy Tonight is awesome!!!
"No, Crazy Tonight blows!!!"
"No, Crazy Tonight is the shit!!!"
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

:up: Wholeheartedly agree.

On a related note, setlist complaints tend to irritate the hell out of me, too. Maybe it's just me, but I'd just be happy to be seeing the band at all (which is one of my goals in life, to finally see U2 live at some point). Sure, there's songs I'd love to hear live, but honestly...:crack:.

Angela

the setlist bitchers astound me. IALW will get played again tonight in Perth, but i'm not goingto burn my house down because it did.

what are you referring to? the pitchfork list?

Tron the original has disappeared supposedly so that people will be amazed by this version's special effects without any prior knowledge, or something. rumour has it the original will be remastered and appear on DVD when next year.

The original Tron has been buried by Disney because it's fucking awful, and they like, actually want people to go see their new movie.

Damn. 70 bucks worth of Target cards today. If I don't get the tablecloth I want for Christmas, the whole Target haul is going into iTunes gift cards. Moon Duo, Purling Hiss; I'ma go crazy.

edit: Tame Impala, Eternal Tapestry....

the setlist bitchers astound me. IALW will get played again tonight in Perth, but i'm not goingto burn my house down because it did.

what are you referring to? the pitchfork list?

Tron the original has disappeared supposedly so that people will be amazed by this version's special effects without any prior knowledge, or something. rumour has it the original will be remastered and appear on DVD when next year.

i did a little bitching about the setlist at the street dogs show i went to, but really, people need to move on. bands are going to play their new stuff. just because there was a time when i'd go see them and the entire set would be from the first album doesn't mean that's now anymore. they only had the first album then? they've put out 4 more since. yes, it bums me out a bit that "savin hill" and "fighter" are the only songs that survived (and the latter seemingly only because of that goddamn re-recorded version of the song on the latest album because that's how they're doing it live now as well), but hey, eventually "2 bottles" or "jakes" might make a reappearance. and if they don't? and if the band wants to call stuff from their second album "old school" well, relatively speaking, it would be their older stuff now and i'm really the one living in the past, remembering back to when the first album was the old album and the second was the new album.

anyway, short version: yeah, setlist bitching is kinda retarded.

ok, bands that aren't u2 are going to play their new stuff?

or aerosmith, i guess. i doubt they'd do anything other than a greatest hits show. but they also fucking suck, and i wouldn't want to know.

Unless we hear they're going to be working on it for months or some damn thing, I don't know why anyone would assume it's going to change anything.

The report did indicate that they would be working on this for a whike, and th new opening isn't scheduled until February, so...yeah.

Don't U2 always go through a cycle like this with their albums? Stuff happens, other commitments

YEah, but not on this level. It's one thing if the band changes their timetable because of some internal bullshit, but this is a whole separate creative endeavor that is distracting them from their primary one. It sounded like there was a lot of creative momentum from the Danger Mouse stuff, and this crisis winds up being a distraction. Considering how much is riding on the success of this production, I'm not so comfortable with them making music with this commercial desperation in mind.

I didn't believe we'd get a release so soon anyway. The way they've been doing things since Pop suggests that even if they had a heap of shit in the pipeline it would be continually delayed. I was surprised by people expecting a Zooropa-style release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom