Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laz, you totally should have just made it Badminton in the thread title. the outside world can't learn the code!

I like the da-da .. DA! part of Unforgettable Fire and it sucks that they don't play it live anymore because now that section just sounds like a complete mess.

I didn't really like the 360 version all that much from what I saw of it. The drumming is just so weak and Bono fucked up the chorus every time by just yelling "stay now" over and over.

Peef, were you just speculating that there would be an Achtung Birdie review tomorrow, or did you read somewhere that it was going to be in the lineup?

Speculating. Tomorrow is the American release day. I suppose they might wait until Wednesday to make the Tuesday feature the Florence + The Machine album.

Yeah, I think a new studio album from a current breakout artist is going to take precedence.

Would it be worse if Shuttlecock was relegated to the second Tuesday slot instead of the first one on Wednesday?

Made me think of Red Light.

Which I love. If you think that's a worse song than The Refugee (U2's worst song?) you're kidding yourself.

Not going to argue with that. The Referee sounds like Duran Duran.

I don't mean that as a compliment, and old DD used to be a guilty pleasure of mine.

The trumpet alone makes Red Light worse than The Refugee. And Refugee has a much better chorus.

Wontargueaboutredlightforthe5000thtime Wontargueaboutredlightforthe5000thtime Wontargueaboutredlightforthe5000thtime Wontargueaboutredlightforthe5000thtime Wontargueaboutredlightforthe5000thtime Wontargueaboutredlightforthe5000thtime

Is it THAT bad? Nah. But it's easily my least favorite U2 song. I listen to it about once or twice a year, just to see if my tastes have changed as I age.

Like mustard - I used to hate it, and now I quite like it! I figure another decade or so, Red Light will totally be my jam.

Conspiracy!

Amazon tells me my order has been shipped by ONTRAC.

Jiggawhat?

Edit: Google tells me it is an overnight delivery and expedited service for our lovely western states. Well, that sounds reassuring. Huh, and it's already at a facility in Seattle. IT'S MAGIC!

The fulfillment warehouse is probably, like, down the street from me or something, and I never knew.

Is it THAT bad? Nah. But it's easily my least favorite U2 song.

Other than a couple songs on Cocktober that I don't even know well enough to name, here are some other stinkers IMO:

When Cock Comes To Town
The Cocks That Drilled America
Cock Crazy Tonight

I enjoy every other song to a certain extent; these are the only ones in addition to The Referee that I will actively skip.

Awww, I love When Love Comes to Town.

I often skip:

Stranger In a Strange Land
Is That All
(redacted to spare Ashley)
New York
Peace On Earth
Grace
Stand Up Comedy

I don't always skip them and I usually wouldn't say I hate any of them (unless I'm very cranky that day), but that's probably a good representation of my least favorite U2 album tracks. Give or take. More or less. Depending on my mood.

lazarus said:
Lou Reed & Metallica??

The 1.0 is kind of funny, though.

Weren't we talking about the album last week? Or are you saying you're surprised it was the front page?

Both? I thought maybe they'd come to the album's defense in some way.

I actually think there are a few very good tracks, including the opener Brandenburg Gate. But this line about that song had me LOL:

Instead, we get Hetfield belting out its "small town girl" chorus like he's trying to summon the next featured attraction at a strip club.

:applaud:

I found out the other week that Lou Reed recorded his guitars in front of his amps for an hour and released it as an album. Seems like a dick move.

I found an article not too long ago that featured the worst lyrics on the album. I laughed so hard i cried a bit.

I actively skip Is That All, Red Light, Babyface, everything on ATYCLB but Beautiful Day and Kite, and Stand Up Comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom