Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving my CDs on their shelves to make room for the others, and realizing there are a bunch of embarrassing albums I still have that I never bothered to rip. St. Anger and Joe Satrianni's Surfing with the Alien. Tee hee.

Speaking of Satriani, that "Viva La Vida is a plagiarism!" thread title still cracks me up.

I listened to those new-old tracks on the bonus disc on the way to work this morning, and man, I can't get over how much I love Down All the Days.

I am undecided on Heaven and Hell.

Oh Berlin - still like it a lot, and was impressed to realize it's in some wonky key signature, like 7/4 or 7/8 I think it felt like, as it was a 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2 pattern. I love shit like that.

I was trying to remember if they'd done that irregular time signature thing before, and I want to say I don't think they have.

How much do used CD stores even give for CDs at this point? I'm sure it depends on the CD, but are we talking about a dollar or 2 dollars for most things? I have a bunch of crap I know I'll never even look at, let alone listen to again. No reason to keep holding onto this crap.

So THE BIEBS! just went up about seven thousands points in my book.

Justin Bieber - Otis FREESTYLE - YouTube

Seriously, it's actually not bad. He raps better than ever single hip-hop "artist" in this country put together.

Also, Gambeezy is doing a signing. Considering there are no physical releases yet, this puts me in a pickle. What do I take? Community S1 DVDs? S2? My Troy & Abed in the Morning coffee mug? My heaving bosom?

Bake a giant cookie.

Yeah, the Biebs is totes talented.

tumblr_lp21m4Tcik1r0wfj4o1_250.gif

So I was in Seattle early this morning and I didn't have to be back in my office until after lunch, so I was determined to find a copy of the 2-disc version of AB. Target was sold out, Fred Meyer didn't receive any, and Barnes and Noble were either out or never got any. I finally said screw it and drove to Easy Street Records in West Seattle where I finally found one. A little disappointed it didn't come in a slip case to match the other 2-disc deluxe reissues.

I was listening to the Kindergarten disc on the drive back. I realized that the guitar parts in TTTYAATW are from an AB session instrumental called "Montgomery's Visit." I would never have put that together without hearing the 'Baby' version. It's much more obvious what some of the other outtakes morphed into.

U2 - Montgomery's Visit - YouTube

My super deluxey arrived and a colleague was standing in the doorway of my office talking but her eyes kept drifting over to it sitting on a table. Finally she exclaimed, "I can't stand it anymore, what IS that?" Then she ooh'ed and aah'ed and omg'd, and was kinda jealous.

But no, she cannot borrow it.

I am sick and have not slept in three days. I went to the doctors. They did nothing. I feel like death. I have not been to a class since last week. I just keep laying here unable to sleep.

How much do used CD stores even give for CDs at this point? I'm sure it depends on the CD, but are we talking about a dollar or 2 dollars for most things? I have a bunch of crap I know I'll never even look at, let alone listen to again. No reason to keep holding onto this crap.

Last time I tried to unload some CDs they apparently were so bad no one wanted them. I kept the jewel cases and threw the CDs away.

So THE BIEBS! just went up about seven thousands points in my book.

Justin Bieber - Otis FREESTYLE - YouTube

That was really decent, yeah. 99.9% chance that was rehearsed heavily, and he lost the flow at least twice by trying to cram too many syllables in (symptomatic of something pre-written), but yeah, at least I don't have to hear him sing. Best thing he's ever done.

I am sick and have not slept in three days. I went to the doctors. They did nothing. I feel like death. I have not been to a class since last week. I just keep laying here unable to sleep.

Feel better, Peefs. I've felt like shit for the past three days too, and I actually feel worse today, somehow, thanks to the addition of a sore throat out of nowhere. I feel so bad using the school computer since I know I'm going to fuck up someone's world if they use it.

If it's been three days, you probably have strep. Did you get a culture done while you were at the doc?

Eat lots of raw garlic, both of you. It will kill a throat infection and boost your immune system. Eat it crushed by the spoonful with some honey or just sprinkle a ton on top of some tomato sauce with pasta. Any way you can get it down.

Apple cider vinegar diluted in water is also good for throat stuff.

/joyful's home remedies

Lupus?

joyfulgirl said:
Eat lots of raw garlic, both of you. It will kill a throat infection and boost your immune system. Eat it crushed by the spoonful with some honey or just sprinkle a ton on top of some tomato sauce with pasta. Anyway you can get it down.

Apple cider vinegar diluted in water is also good for throat stuff.

/joyful's home remedies

I'd rather live through it :barf:

I think garlic works. I ate a bunch of it a few months back before a big exam and felt a lot better in a few hours. It was absolutely horrible and made me feel nauseous at first, but it got the job done. I think we have some at home, but I know we at least have honey.

I feel like crap at the moment because I got up at 2:30 this afternoon and haven't eaten today. Class starts in 45 minutes, so I'll get something now.

Honey can make a huge difference in eating the garlic. When I'm fighting something off, I just make something for dinner that garlic goes well with and just crush a clove or two on top. Even some canned chicken noodle soup would do the trick if you're not a cook.

Honey can make a huge difference in eating the garlic. When I'm fighting something off, I just make something for dinner that garlic goes well with and just crush a clove or two on top. Even some canned chicken noodle soup would do the trick if you're not a cook.

I got some weird concoction called "turkey lemon rice." It's kind of crappy, but I assume lemon can't hurt, right?

My mother in law's got our garlic, I'll head over there later.

Agree with the throat culture. Could also be mono.

Mono + insomnia? Is that possible?

I got some weird concoction called "turkey lemon rice." It's kind of crappy, but I assume lemon can't hurt, right?

My mother in law's got our garlic, I'll head over there later.

Lemon and garlic are an excellent combo. If mom-in-law also has cayenne pepper, that is awesome for the immune system, too. Gets a sluggish lymph system moving.

Lots of warm herbal teas.

Am not a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom