Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Speaking of Ozzy, I watched that 80s heavy metal documentary Decline Of Western Civilization Part II earlier today. It's the one that has that famous scene of the dude from W.A.S.P. chilling in the pool pouring a bottle of vodka all over himself.

Pretty entertaining documentary. And sad. Because they showed about 6 or 7 hair metal bands from LA at the time that thought for sure they were going to hit it big, but none of them did because that whole genre sort of crashed and burned a year or two after the doc was filmed. Most of them were just G'N'R ripoff bands anyway.

But Ozzy had some funny moments. His whole sequence was filmed as he was cooking breakfast in some posh LA mansion.

One of the dudes from Kiss filmed his whole interview in bed with four models draped around him. EXCESS!

I should point out I always have coke with it, cos I'm a bitch and cant handle straight (unless it's Wild Turkey American Honey :drool:)

I'm definitely a brown liquor man over the clear variety, although I have come to appreciate a well-mixed gin and tonic as of late.

So the vocals on the last verse ("In my dream...") of Kindergarten Until the End of the World made me run a red light in Roswell during an 8hr road trip. First time hearing it.

I did not expect to enjoy the Babies so much.

Only 3 more hours at work!

Titus Andronicus, This Is Happening, and Alive 2007 have been doing a lot of legwork for when the radio gets too repetitive. I think there's a good half of TIH (from LCDS) that I just can't get in to.

Oh shit, Eleanor Friedberger is playing on campus tonight at this tiny cafe for $15. How'd I just hear about this? Totes going.

Oh shit, Eleanor Friedberger is playing on campus tonight at this tiny cafe for $15. How'd I just hear about this? Totes going.

That's the awesome thing about these indie acts - they can turn up anywhere, at any time. A few years back, Los Campesinos! and St. Vincent both played right on my campus in the same month. I'm kicking myself now for having missed both of them.

Also, I'm sure that this is just a knee-jerk reaction, but I really liked the "Kindergarten" version of One, perhaps as much as the final version.

Just listened to the Fish Out of Water mix of Even Better Than the Real Thing. I don't think I've listened to it since the tour. It just got me stoked about the concerts again. Thems were some good shits

corianderstem said:
U2's drink was vodka with nutmeg.

.... who the hell would put nutmeg in vodka?

And what about U2 screams "NUTMEG!" ?

That is odd indeed.

Supposedly the clash = cocaine and grenadine? Huh?

mobvok said:
Titus Andronicus

the monitor might have been the most short-lived awesomeness in my mind. i thought it was fantastic for about two listens before i became incredibly irritated with it. if I ever actually got rid of albums I wound up disliking, it would no longer be in my possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom