Random Music Talk XCVIII: When the Music's Over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The complete studio recordings are actually drawn from the same masters as the original 1990 box set (and the second one from 1993). There may have been some minor tweaking, but they are essentially the same.

So this is really a complete facelift to the catalog, almost as long of a wait as the Beatles, which was originally in 1987.

True, but that was the second digital mastering of the LZ catalog, by Jimmy Page and George Marino. I had some of the original CDs from the 80s, which I think were mastered by Barry Diament.

If anything, I might download one of the high-definition remasters to see if I can appreciate a difference.

ETA: Oh, I see Laz already covered most of this...

My point was more about how long it has been since Page last remastered the albums, which was 1990, almost as long as the Beatles went.

But yes, there were the original pressings in the mid 80's first, followed by the Page remasterings which, at the time, great improved the sound quality. But that was still 25 year old technology. I anticipate a major sonic improvement.

That said, I don't like how the B-sides and previously released bonus tracks are not included on the albums they were originally recorded for. I get that they will all be on Coda, but something like Hey Hey What Can I Do should really be part of the bonus tracks for III. Now we have to wait for Coda to come out to get the same quality of that track as the others, which seems kind of silly.

So these Parquet Courts guys are like Pavement-lite or The Strokes-lite? Diff places say diff things.

Regardless, I like teh songz I hearz.

Generic_can_of_lite_beer_no._5564.jpg

I just bought teh Parquet Courtz AND teh Lez Zep deluxe CDs. COME AT ME LITE BRO

Ashley knows all Wampire movements at all times. She is preparing for their imminent arrival.

Got the alert from Bands in Town yesterday at work. Clapped my hands and said, "yeah!"

I had an opportunity to see them, but their set was during Phosphorescent and And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, so it wasn't exactly convenient. I'm sure they'll be back soon.

Their new album is good and the last one was even better.

Re-listening to Parkay Quartz's debut and yeah, this is brilliant. I love this album. It doesn't sound anything like Pavement though, outside of N Dakota. It sounds a lot more like Modern Lovers to me.

Sunbathing Animal hasn't had a chance to grow on me yet. That one sounds a ton like Pavement.

I just went to a Rocket Fizz for the first time in my life. I didn't know that such a little piece of Heaven existed prior to this moment.

I'm going to go broke going to work every day. There are three Japanese restaurants within walking distance, two comic book/hobby/toy/etc. shops, a record store, and a fucking CRAFT SODA shop...

:love:

Back
Top Bottom