Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Two great bands.

Not sure how they could get mixed up though. It's pretty difficult to miss when David Byrne is singing.

I was thrown off by the fact that it has a poppy chorus. Don't know of any other talking heads songs that do.

So NYC... looking at staying at 891 Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan for two nights 341 Broadway Avenue in Brooklyn for two nights. Solid locations?

So, Emmylou Harris & Danny Lanois last night. I think I should just stop going to concerts now, no one is going to top that.

BURRELL.JPG

So I pre-ordered a Pono. I got the limited edition Arcade Fire signature one.

BjvT15NCUAAHPnj.jpg

Kind of odd to pay $400 for something that won't ship for six months, but maybe it will at least have some collectible value.

Less than 24-hours left on the Kickstarter campaign if there are any other suckers interested parties out there.

So I pre-ordered a Pono. I got the limited edition Arcade Fire signature one.

BjvT15NCUAAHPnj.jpg

Kind of odd to pay $400 for something that won't ship for six months, but maybe it will at least have some collectible value.

Less than 24-hours left on the Kickstarter campaign if there are any other suckers interested parties out there.

2014's DVDA!

What would happen if you went up and started yelling one of his songs at him.

So NYC... looking at staying at 891 Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan for two nights 341 Broadway Avenue in Brooklyn for two nights. Solid locations?

In Manhattan, you're next to Columbia University, so there'll be at least a few places to grab some food. Not much else to do around there, you'll want to take the subway downtown (spend some time in East Village - get the Cereal Milk Ice Cream at Momofuku Milk Bar on 13th between Second and Third - and the Lower East Side). Make sure to explore Harlem a bit. Also, grab a poppy seed roll at the Hungarian Pastry Shop on Amsterdam bt 110th and 111th. If you're into museums, the Lost Kingdoms exhibit at the Met is supposed to be amazing (I haven't been yet, so can't say for sure).

In Brooklyn, southern Williamsburg, where you will be staying, is nice. The neighborhood is overpriced now and somewhat of a yuppie-land, but you're close enough to other areas. Go north to Greenpoint or east to Bushwick. Try to get some beer at the Brooklyn Brewery. I like the Brooklyn Bowl for concerts (or after parties), so check if there's someone you'd like to see. Pizza at Roberta's in Bushwick is great, but it's become an uber-popular destination so expect long lines. If you're there on a weekend, go to the food market at East River State Park on Saturdays - it's wonderful.

Good record stores: Academy Records in Brooklyn and Other Music in Mahattan (East Village).

Let me know if you want more tips. When are you around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom