Random Music Talk LXXXI: Now with special V.I.P.-level option ($450)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mixed pretty low here, but at 0:25 you can see it's a keyboard:

Rad tone for sure.

Ah, sweet. Thanks. And no surprise Jay Bennett is playing it. I actually feel like I'd maybe figured that out already, but just forgot.

I need that tone in my life.

I definitely thought Rhye was a female singer.

I did too, but not for the reasons you all did. I've never heard the band/him, but since I knew impy to be a fan, I just automatically assumed it was another fairly unremarkable female-fronted indie band. That assumption has been correct in the case of 99% of the bands impy hypes that I've never heard of, so it seemed sort of like a safe assumption. Apparently I was wrong.

And no surprise Jay Bennett is playing it.

Really cementing the fact that he was the best part of Wilco.

I did too, but not for the reasons you all did. I've never heard the band/him, but since I knew impy to be a fan, I just automatically assumed it was another fairly unremarkable female-fronted indie band.

Swooncore strikes again.

I did too, but not for the reasons you all did. I've never heard the band/him, but since I knew impy to be a fan, I just automatically assumed it was another fairly unremarkable female-fronted indie band. That assumption has been correct in the case of 99% of the bands impy hypes that I've never heard of, so it seemed sort of like a safe assumption. Apparently I was wrong.

Stop being a dick. Rhye very well could have been an artist on the Space Jam Soundtrack.

I must have missed the "impy loves the space jam soundtrack" joke. Now I'm sad.

Impy and I have our differences from time to time, but without him we would have 100% less Space Jam discussion, and that would suck.

Having seen that movie only last week, I am
Cobbler excited about understanding the reference. I also haven't been sober in nearly two weeks.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna hit up one of those Dylan/Wilco/MMJ shows. That's too good to pass up.

Being There, Summerteeth, and YHF are three special records, and three personal favorites. Don't really love anything else they've released, though.
I'm so glad to be going to that show. Seeing Bob Dylan once in my life was one thing, but twice? And with a lineup like this? :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom