Random Music Talk LXV: 6400 Posts Have Led Up To This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this comment:

The hipster movement or whatever you want to call it is dead. This is a list of reasonably diverse bands not affiliated with anything other than making music. When does anyone get a break? LA Weekly is the hipster in this situation hating on anything marginally popular, are they not underground enough for you? Isn't there anything else to talk about in LA? Grow up you snotty, uninformed teenagers.

The Suburbs were a popular band on the Minneapolis/St. Paul punk scene in the early '80s. Paved the way for the Replacements and Husker Du.

Hang this picture out the window when you drive by:

idf5C.jpg

u2popmofo said:
Listened to Purity Ring last night, Grimes now. Will do Chairlift later. I am still pondering your answers so that I can decide for myself which I prefer. I admittedly sorta lump all 3 groups together in my head, hence the question.

Late to the party here, but Grimes is my choice of those three. That record is brimming with personality.

I'm thinking that LA Times list must be a joke; either that or the writer is completely oblivious that he is merely bloviating in the exact manner of which he had accused all of those acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom