Random Music Talk LXIX: Give it to Laz - He'll Eat Anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down on the mainspring, listen to the tick tock
Clock all the faces that move in on your block
Twice shy and dog tired because you've been bitten
Everything you say now sounds like it was ghost-written
New Amsterdam it's become much too much
Till I have the possession of everything she touches
Till I step on the brakes to get out of her clutches
Till I speak double dutch to a real double duchess

:drool: Elvis Costello is always a damn fine lyricist, but his wordplay goes ham on New Amsterdam.

Boys and girls
go to school
and girls
they make children
who steal guitar riffs

one day i'll die
the choice will not be mine
but i'll still steal your riff
and i don't give a fuck

The "new" Patti Smith record features everything I like about her and nothing that I don't. Changing the line in After The Gold Rush to "look at mother nature on the run in the 21st century" and having some kid sing it was painful, but otherwise, top-notch effort.

This new video is probably a little much for me but some of you may like it.

Bon Iver - Beth/Rest (Official Video) - YouTube

Justin apparently describes it "Beth seems like this really cool name for a place you just go to be in paradise forever... Eventually, you start waking up to the fact that you might be ready to spend your life with somebody and still feel good about who you are and what kind of changes you're going to go through no matter what. And 'Beth/Rest' is that reward. It's that place you get to be in for the rest of your life."

I took that from one of the top comments but it's a nice sentiment. Great song. God I love that record.

If someone could please extricate "let my love open the door" from my brain right now, it would be much appreciated.

Anyone make reference to Romney's binders full of women and the likelihood of Lance's Mom being in there yet?

romneybinders-3.jpg

Can you explain your avatar, danny boy? I assume it's from a horror movie, and it's probably one that I should know about, but I can't place it.

The song "Weather In My Head" on the new Donald Fagen sounds like it could be a Royal Scam outtake, with some nice lead/solo guitar.

Digging the album so far, though Morph The Cat may have started stronger.

The song "Weather In My Head" on the new Donald Fagen sounds like it could be a Royal Scam outtake, with some nice lead/solo guitar.

Digging the album so far, though Morph The Cat may have started stronger.

:up: Can't wait to hear it. I've got class in 15 minutes, but once that's out I'll give it a listen and post my thoughts. I'll never be as excited for a Fagen solo outing as I would be for a new Steely Dan record, but I can't deny that Morph the Cat mopped the floor with Everything Must Go.

I can't deny that Morph the Cat mopped the floor with Everything Must Go.

I go back and forth on those two. Aside from Security Joan, the second half of Morph isn't very memorable. And there's nothing on there that approaches the greatness of Everything's title track or Blues Beach.

Me missing Beach House on Tuesday was made slightly better by the fact that it wasn't a great setlist in Philly. No Troublemaker, Take Care or Gila. Still sucks, but any silver linings at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom