Random Music Talk CXVIII: Grabbing America By The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not nuts. Bey's self-titled is an all-timer for me though. This is really different.

Just been listening to a lot of music by favorite artists, but even that's been depressing me, because I can ascribe meaning out of something that might not have to do with how I'm feeling to how I'm feeling and ten I get sad all over again.

For whatever reason, I have always latched onto this one-two punch from the last Modern Life Is War album as my songs of discontent and disillusionment (the first is really just an intro):

Fever Hunting holds up pretty well, as I discovered yesterday. I'm willing to bet that if I looked back on when I've listened to it, it's always been after some shitty global news.

Just been listening to a lot of music by favorite artists, but even that's been depressing me, because I can ascribe meaning out of something that might not have to do with how I'm feeling to how I'm feeling and ten I get sad all over again.

I'm with you. I've been mostly listening to jazz for the last 48 hours. No need to reinterpret lyrics, and honoring the best form of protest music from this country.

I'm happy to see a new XX album is coming. The new single is super good.

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

To be honest, until he put out that album recently I thought he had already died years ago.

I just listened to his "So Long, Marianne" a week or two ago and remembered how much I love it. One of his best.

Also, "Suzanne" off the same album. Of course. Timeless stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom