Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D'Angelo was great last night. Snagged last-min tix for $80 and it was worth it for The Charade and Untitled alone. The former was magical and gave me shivers as everyone held up a fist in the air and Untitled... man. It took him ages to come back out for the encore, but he walked out in a hat and light only on a piano, where he teased the riff for a few minutes, then sang the opening lines and then the band came out, and it was just glorious. Huge claims to be one of the best songs of all time. It's akin to Prince playing Purple Rain, which isn't much of a surprise!

Now four of us have cartoon avatars. Someone needs to break this Bob's Burgers/Rick And Morty deadlock.

I've been mixing up Mack Again and DaveC all week.

You're not counting mine right? That's clown realness, not a cartoon. :(

I haven't changed my avatar since 2001.

I'm not changing mine until New Zealand does something even better in global sport.

Which, given the World T20 is on right now, may be soon.

But HE'S HIT IT INTO THE GRANDSTAND AND NEW ZEALAND ARE INTO THE WORLD CUP FINAL! GRANT ELLIOTT, SUPERMAN!

For those of you mystified what my last post is about, this happened almost exactly a year ago and nothing in sport will equal it until New Zealand win the Cricket World Cup:

I will never tire of watching Grant Elliott hit that six.

I respect the fortitude of those who have kept the same avatar for a decade-plus. The plus side of changing your avatar consistently is that you aren't associated with one thing forever.

Like Cori isn't actually a bitter, alcoholic old woman and Laz isn't an undead pop superstar. Maybe just on weekends.

Last edited:
I don't think I ever actually had a U2 related avatar. For years there it was that one fictitious pastor from the 'Landover Baptist Church' parody site, and before that, I forget.

I respect the fortitude of those who have kept the same avatar for a decade-plus. The plus side of changing your avatar consistently is that you aren't associated with one thing forever.

I recently started following Grant Elliott on Twitter, who has an avatar very similar to my current one here. I saw one of his updates and thought "I didn't write that... oh, no, of course I didn't, because it's written by the actual guy in my Interference avatar".

It always fascinated me that Shouter refused to change his U2 avatar even though the closest he ever came to U2 discussion by the end was Howie B and butt meat.

I should bring back my original Bill the Butcher avatar for old, old, old times sake.

No I shouldn't.

I used to use Rick Perry's mugshot as my avatar, but I've settled on the #GOPTeens logo

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gordon Beckham has had a shitty career and he doesn't even play for the White Sox anymore but I'm not really motivated to change this shit.

I don't think I ever actually had a U2 related avatar. For years there it was that one fictitious pastor from the 'Landover Baptist Church' parody site, and before that, I forget.
And finally that life-long mystery of mine is solved.

Im more of a Cubs guy so should I change it to some Cubs player like Rizzo?

Hands off. That's my avatar. Just waiting for the regular season to start :grumpy:

:wink: ?

Really excited to listen to that later.

Finally got around to the EP Massive Attack released earlier this year and enjoyed it greatly. Along with the EP they did with Burial, I've been enjoying their recent direction.

Massive Attack's EP was amazing, i wasn't so into these kinds of ambient electronica (or whatever it's called), but I might actually like these genres of music.

Listened to Power, Corruption & Lies tonight and rediscovered Leave Me Alone. What a fantastic song. Along with Age of Consent and Your Silent Face, three of my absolute favorite songs of the 80s.

Still waiting for the rest of the album to grow on me. Maybe next time I'll have a new favorite.

Ecstasy is my favourite off that album.

I'm still a bit ambivalent about I Exhale but ... wow! ... what a fantastic album.

:applaud:

Aside from the interlude, I felt that I Exhale turned out to be the weakest track there, but I still think it's good. It's just that If Rah is off the charts.

Listened to Power, Corruption & Lies tonight and rediscovered Leave Me Alone. What a fantastic song. Along with Age of Consent and Your Silent Face, three of my absolute favorite songs of the 80s.

Still waiting for the rest of the album to grow on me. Maybe next time I'll have a new favorite.

Leave Me Alone is so fucking good. And that one guitar break at 3:00 gets me every time; he gets such emotional mileage out of basically repeating lines. I still maintain that Bernard Sumner is one of the most underrated guitarists of the decade, something which by right one listen to Brotherhood would rectify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom