Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know it had an audiobook

Dude, it's narrated by James Earl Jones. Come on now.

I tried listening to The 1975 this morning. Didn't make it through the second track.

I do quite like the new album from The Coral.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well there's your mistake. Gets WAY better as it goes along. Messy sequencing makes the album a failure, but individual songs are mad decent.

Well there's your mistake. Gets WAY better as it goes along. Messy sequencing makes the album a failure, but individual songs are mad decent.

Well, I'm 57 seconds into the second track, and no offence, but yeah, I can see why you like it :p

(if it continues in this vein I'll love it too. which makes me feel bad cos there's probably about 20 albums with this sound from the 70s and 80s that I should listen to)

The 1975 thought it was a good idea to make a 75 minute album and name it I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It.

For all their positive attributes, The 1975 have some horrendous ideas.

I listen to 2 or 3 song off of that album with rape-y name but it had some cool songs. can't reverse my opinions about the title, though

What happened to mofo? I hope he didn't find himself on the wrong end of a Texas shootout.

Well, I'm 57 seconds into the second track, and no offence, but yeah, I can see why you like it :p

(if it continues in this vein I'll love it too. which makes me feel bad cos there's probably about 20 albums with this sound from the 70s and 80s that I should listen to)

:rolleyes: Since I don't like the opening of the album, doesn't really work.

But it sounds so much like Peter Gabriel etc!!!!

And OMFG Kamasi Washington is opening for Kendrick on Monday night. Modest Mouse Wednesday.

And I've just been asked to adjudge the highest honour at the world's second-biggest comedy festival :)

I'm listening to Black Sabbath's debut, and though I've never been super high on their singles, the album does have a weird gravitas about it. I was surprised by the folky undertones beneath all the sludge, which I think also comes across in the cover, one of my favorites from the era.

tumblr_mg0kwluDiV1rrbw8zo1_400.jpg

Indeed they are, with Master of Reality being my favourite.

The first half of Sabotage is the pinnacle of their work for me. A bit underrated for their standards.

It's not their most consistent record, but the peaks of Vol. 4 are astonishing. Wheels of Confusion, Supernaut and Snowblind :love:

Now four of us have cartoon avatars. Someone needs to break this Bob's Burgers/Rick And Morty deadlock.

I've been mixing up Mack Again and DaveC all week.

Last edited:
We need to find a Summer and a Beth.

That Black Sabbath cover really is awesome, I've never listened to that album but now I wanna check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom