Radiohead - Yea, I'm really behind the times, I know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmjhitman said:

by posting 'no comment', you're leaving it up to the reader to infer what you're really saying. so if i infer that 'no comment' means 'you're all a bunch of douchebags for liking radiohead,' then it could be construed as trolling.

That's how I interpret it. The fact that this is the second time it has been done in a Radiohead thread only reinforces the trolling argument.

EDIT: Sorry, Bonochick, posted before I saw your reply.

im finally getting around to giving kid A a listen

the national anthem is a badass song

The National Anthem reminds me alot of One of These Days.

sadly without the Nick Mason part :sad:

lmjhitman said:
you're totally right, lmp. :up:

but by posting 'no comment', you're leaving it up to the reader to infer what you're really saying. so if i infer that 'no comment' means 'you're all a bunch of douchebags for liking radiohead,' then it could be construed as trolling.

anyway, if someone really believes in freedom of speech, they should, like you said earlier, just post what they think in the first place.

Did you just call me an IMP??

Chizip said:
im finally getting around to giving kid A a listen

Colin and Phil are brilliant in The National Anthem. :up: Colin especially. His bass line is simple and repetitive. However, it works extremely well in the song.

how awesome is "life in a glass house"

no one talks about the awesomeness of that song.

the brass :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

the brass :drool:

its ok, thought I wish they would have done it more like the version in MPIE :shrug:

Chizip said:

I LOVE Radiohead, but . . .

the recorded version of "The National Anthem" always gives me a HEADACHE! It's the horns, all blaring and out of tune and going in every direction. Ugh! Such a headache. Now live, however, live I like National Anthem (no horns!).

Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

this song is even worse than National Anthem. The song sounds as if a drunk person recorded this song right before he puked all over the floor and blacked out, never to have any memory of that night again, save for the God awful song permanently recorded and sometimes played to torture FitzChivalry. One of my least favorite radiohead songs ever.

XaviMF22 said:
how awesome is "how to disappear completely"

"How to Disappear Completely" IS SO AWESOME! I remember being at the OK Computer tour and Thom saying they were going to play a new song called "How To Disappear From The World And Never Be Found", and I just remember being SO COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY by how awesome the song was!!! It was the highlight of the show for me, it was just so damn good! Years later, I was SO excited to see it on the tracklisting for "Kid A". When I got "Kid A", I went out of order and started with "How To Disappear . . .", just because I remembered how much I loved it the first time I heard it.

Last edited:
FitzChivalry said:

I LOVE Radiohead, but . . .

the recorded version of "The National Anthem" always gives me a HEADACHE! It's the horns, all blaring and out of tune and going in every direction. Ugh! Such a headache. Now live, however, live I like National Anthem (no horns!).

I hate the national anthem live...the song needs the horn section...

:drool:

FitzChivalry said:

Hey, I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like. :shrug:

I also think "Fog" is better than "Gagging Order" and "True Love Waits". :p

I'm just kidding with ya bub :wink:

Fog is cool, but Gagging Order is my favorite Radiohead song:

A couple more for breakfast
A little more for tea
Just to take the edge off

:heart:

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm just kidding with ya bub :wink:

Back atcha! Me too. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Fog is cool, but Gagging Order is my favorite Radiohead song:

A couple more for breakfast
A little more for tea

:heart:

Yeah, it's a great song. Probably my second fav b-side after "Fog". I don't know. The first time I heard "Gagging Order" I literally almost cried, I thought it was so beautiful. But "Fog" just kind of snuck up on me, and after repeated listens, it just kind of overtook "Gagging Order". But they're both awesome . . . Fog just a bit ahead of Gagging Order.

Fog :bump: Gagging Order

Last edited:
True Love Waits>Gagging Order>Fog

Fog is a nice easy song to play on the guitar though, and True Love Waits isn't bad either.

I wouldn't even attempt Gagging Order :p

The acoustic True Love Waits from "I Might Be Wrong" is good, but the version Thom played in concert from the recent tour (just Thom on Rhodes piano and Johnny on Kaos(?) pad) was just AMAZING! So So So much better, IMO, than the "I Might Be Wrong" version.

But still, "Fog" from Knives Out single = :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom