Radiohead concert reviews - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2003, 07:49 AM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~

Fuuuck! That must have been me.
Way to screw up a perfectly good boot.

people who scream at concerts when people are trying to record them.

Old 08-26-2003, 11:31 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Wow. Great reviews! I will pray fervently that they swing by my neck of the woods on the next leg of the tour.

Old 08-26-2003, 11:57 AM   #63
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:38 PM
chicago was recorded by a few people. There should be links to download the mp3s soon - i think i will get on a hub and download the SHN's as well.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
chicago was recorded by a few people. There should be links to download the mp3s soon - i think i will get on a hub and download the SHN's as well.
if you get Chicago, let me know ole chap...
Old 08-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #65
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Well kiddies, I'm off to Salt lake tomorrow @ 10am. I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep tonight, I'm so excited. And this will be the 7th time I've seen them. Anyway, I have backstage passes and I'm going to try to sneak a camera in. Although, not sure if I wanna start snapping pix if I happen to see `em. Anyway, I'm hoping they play Subterranean again. I'd die.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:36 PM   #66
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeadsOnSticks
Well kiddies, I'm off to Salt lake tomorrow @ 10am. I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep tonight, I'm so excited. And this will be the 7th time I've seen them. Anyway, I have backstage passes and I'm going to try to sneak a camera in. Although, not sure if I wanna start snapping pix if I happen to see `em. Anyway, I'm hoping they play Subterranean again. I'd die.

It will be my first time seeing them, I cant wait. If tomorrow was today, I'd be on my way there.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:50 PM   #67
I Serve Larry's Stick

Quote:
Anyway, I have backstage passes and I'm going to try to sneak a camera in.

Can't wait for the details!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:55 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
HOS, I expect a lock of Jonnys hair, do whatever it takes champ......were all pulling for ya down at the station.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:07 AM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:38 AM
mofo - whoops, i accidentally closed soulseek. nonetheless, i need to go now anyway.

to anybody going to watch the mighty radiohead in utah, enjoy yourselves, and dance to idioteque for me.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:12 AM   #70
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
mofo - whoops, i accidentally closed soulseek. nonetheless, i need to go now anyway.

to anybody going to watch the mighty radiohead in utah, enjoy yourselves, and dance to idioteque for me.
Will do
Old 08-28-2003, 09:15 AM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Have a great time, mofo and HOS. We want all the details!

...and dance a little for me too!
Old 08-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #72
Blue Crack Distributor

OMG, HOS.... I am jealous.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Damn you Yertle.....

dancing to Idioteque

*edit*

Damn. after typing this, I hopped out of my seat and put the song on.

I want to jump rope to this song.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:33 PM   #74
New Yorker

i have no ability to not listen to idioteque a few times a day right now.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:31 AM   #75
Blue Meth Addict

Radiohead - SLC - August 28, 2003 Review

Oh, ho, ho. I knew the night was going to be a good one from the second an old man takes the stage to announce the opening band, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, and says, "Hi. How are you all? I'm here to introduce Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks. I'm Steve's dad. He always makes me do this when I see his shows." It was just a foreshadowing of the entertainment that would await me.

Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks played a entertaining and enjoyable set of songs, the stand out being 'Do Not Feed the Oysters'. Stephen took the time to crack a lot of jokes and have some funny conversations with people at the front of the stage. As their set ends, he begins walking off the stage and says,"The next band is the 'Radioheads', they should be pretty good. You should like them." His prophecy would indeed prove to come true.

Radiohead's roadies did quite the speedy job of moving all the equipment out and getting preparing for the concert. I was suprised how little time it took them, before I knew it the lights went out and I began to scream like I was Fay Wray in King Kong. I changed my feminine scream to a howl like a wolf (at the door) when I heard the drum intro to one of my favorite new songs, There There. The setlist proceeded as follows:

There There
2+2=5
Lucky
Morning Bell
Where I End and You Begin
Backdrifts
Fake Plastic Trees
Paranoid Android
Sail to the Moon
You & Whose Army?
The Gloaming
My Iron Lung
Idioteque
Scatterbrain
Wolf At The Door
The National Anthem
Sit Down, Stand Up

Encore 1:
Pyramid Song
Go To Sleep
Dollars & Cents
Street Spirit

Encore 2:
I Might Be Wrong
Everything In Its Right Place

The concert was pure bliss to the likes of me and my possie. The first three songs were as strong of an opener as you could ever wish for. There seemed to have been some technical problems for one or two of the songs, that seemed to be the fault of the venue's sound system, Backdrifts being the prime example. The band still played on and won me and the rest of the crowd over by still making those few songs work despite the problems.

Thom seemed to be in a good mood and was goofing off for lots of the concert. I would like to take dancing lessons from Thom at some date in the future, he seems to have all the right moves.......and by 'right moves' I mean terribly terribly wrong moves. Needless to say, it was more than entertaining to watch. He danced through nearly every song he didnt have to play an instrument on.

Thom won the award for "Hilariously Goofy Guy of the Night" as given by me for his performance during 'You and Whose Army'. Here he played to the camera on the piano with many a sexy wink and provocative glance, which cause much laughter and applause. He fed off that applause by motioning for us to clap more and more, which caused even the great sour puss Thom Yorke to smile and laugh.

*Honorable mentions for 'Hilariously Goofy Guy of the Night Award' go out to the ridiculously drunk old guy on the row in front of me whose dancing made Thom look like a cast member of Swan Lake. Another mention goes out to some guy we saw there who seemed to be attempting to look like a character from Dragon Ball Z, quite interesting. I feel I should also mention a guy I saw there who looked just like Andrew WK, he impressed me. Hail to the chiefs (of weirdness).

In a nutshell, this concert rocked the bizarre place known as "my world". There were no 'stand out songs' because the whole concert 'stood out'. It could very well have tied U2 as being the best concert I have ever witnessed. The band seemed more than happy to play their songs, and I was more than happy to listen to them. It's a very impressive thing when you can play a 2 hour concert and leave fans still wanting more, that's what Radiohead did for me tonight. Can't wait to see them again.

-u2popmofo

Tags
radiohead