Radiohead: Band not in Crisis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to hear boring tracks from King of Limbs live...

:wink:

Seriously though, you know all the fair weather fans at the shows are going to hate hearing stuff from King of Limbs. Hell, even the mega fans here had next to nothing to say about the Live From the Basement show. I swear we had a full thread about that show during In Rainbows.

Can't wait to hear boring tracks from King of Limbs live...

:wink:

Seriously though, you know all the fair weather fans at the shows are going to hate hearing stuff from King of Limbs. Hell, even the mega fans here had next to nothing to say about the Live From the Basement show. I swear we had a full thread about that show during In Rainbows.

pshtt... I think the TKOL sessions may be their BEST work ever, rivaling Kid A. and I know many RH fans that agree! Cant wait to see them live.

I for one cannot wait to hear songs like Bloom, Separator and The Daily Mail live. From the Basement sessions have vastly improved my impression of the album. I can even stand Little By Little now!

Morning Mr.Magpie is still inexcusable though. I'm talking We Suck Young Blood-type awful. Such a shame since that HTTT-era demo was a nice little acoustic number. If there is anything Radiohead and U2 have in common, it's the fact that they both should not fuck around with their songs as much as they do.

I haven't seen it.

Yeah I ain't seen it either, ass

Me threeither. :reject:

I for one cannot wait to hear songs like Bloom, Separator [. . . ]

I find it hard to imagine 'Separator' improved by a live performance. I :heart: that song so much. To me, it's perfect as is on the album.

I can even stand Little By Little now!

I'm still not there. I think that song is crap; I skip it every time.

That was my biggest gripe with TKOL: if you're going to put something out with so few songs and call it an album, then every song better be DAMN FUCKING GOOD! I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (yes, Martha, I'm looking at you :wink: ), but I always think of Depeche Mode's "Violator". Only 9 songs on it, but damn if those are 9 damn great songs! That's the way to do a short album.

Damn.

You should really watch FTB. Most songs are improved, though Seperator isn't one of them sadly.

Bloom live is one of the best things Radiohead have ever done.

Bloom live is one of the best things Radiohead have ever done.

I have to watch this asap.

I don't mind Little By Little at all.

I truly like or love every song on KoL except Magpie which is the one I skip.

I have to watch this asap.

I don't mind Little By Little at all.

I truly like or love every song on KoL except Magpie which is the one I skip.

Magpie live is fucking unbelievable. Really savage.

daily mail is great too, but the best is Staircase.

I am crestfallen. I thought that I knew you guys! :wink:

Seriously, though, DM is one of all-time favorites. I'm too sick to elaborate right now, but suffice it to say that Violator would probably land among my top ten albums ever.

How I listen to the album:

1. Bloom
2. Morning Mr. Magpie
3. These are my twisted words
4. Staircase
5. Feral
6. Lotus Flower
7. Codex
8. Give up the ghost
9. The Butcher
10. Harry Patch (in memory of)
11. Seperator

If you listen to it in this way, excluding Little by little, and adding other great songs from TKOL sessions, you will see that it is as good of a Radiohead album as ever! (in my opinion)

It'd be hard for me to include These Are My Twisted Words and Harry Patch amongst those other songs. I mean, they were released nearly two years prior to King of Limbs.

Sure, all the songs you have listed there were recorded in between In Rainbows and King Of Limbs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they all belong to the same Radiohead "era", or that they would/should fit on the same collected work.

This is a lame example, but it's easy and it's one we can all understand: Placing something like Harry Patch in with King of Limbs would be like lumping Window In The Skies in with NLOTH.

Twisted Words and Harry Patch, to me, are completely separate entities, and not part of the same family as the rest of the King of Limbs recordings.

They have enough non-album songs from this era to make a great album. I consider The Daily Mail, Supercollider, Staircase and The Butcher to be vastly superior to at least half of King of Limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom