RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #871
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

I would have loved to have seen this, piano version?

oh hell yeah it was...

I am so wiped out from yesterday. I have to say that was the worst of weather conditions I have ever been thru for any concert..! I had GA Pit and was completely soaked from head to toe the whole time...Water sloshing in my shoes the works.. Severe flooding in all areas, something like 4 inches of rain. A bunch of people couldn't get into the show due to roads flooding and traffic nightmares. Thom actually mentioned this and dedicated Fake Plastic Trees to them. It took us over an hour and half to get to the freeway. I didn't get home to about 2am. Traffic going out was pure hell.. I have never seen anything like it.

Me and the hubby got dead center and we were the third person back from thom! Got some pretty good pics too that I will post later..

but I have to say that was an AMAZING FRIGGIN SHOW! They all were having a great time up there. Laughing and thom goofing, dancing like a banchee.. Colin was just blown away from the audience reactions, and even jonny waved and smiled a couple of times..

Old 05-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #872
The Male

Local Time: 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GirlsAloudFan
Best set of the tour so far.
Indeed.

It's funny, but everything was crap yesterday except for Radiohead. Liars was a bunch of noise basically, the weather was torture, and my feet were so wet that I couldn't really feel them for hours. All of us went through the worst conditions possible for this band.

Thankfully, Radiohead really made it all worth it. In all of the talk about setlists, people have overlooked just how much this band has improved, particularly Thom, whose voice is possibly the best it has ever been. I was surprised by how well the electronic blips came through in a live setting, but frustrated by the fact that I couldn't really hear Johnny from where I was. Planet Telex was sort of ruined for me because of this. Optimistic was basically drums, bass, and vocals with an occasional guitar line getting through the mix.

But the setlist? Sheer brilliance. I'm sorry we didn't get There There or How To Disappear, but I can't really complain after getting a chance to hear ALL of In Rainbows, Pyramid Song, Paranoid Android, the lovely piano version of Like Spinning Plates, and Fake Plastic Trees, which was the definite highlight of the night; the climax was almost overwhelmingly loud and powerful. Seriously, it was the best version I had ever heard of one of my favorite Radiohead songs. Could I have asked for more?

So yeah, yesterday sucked in general, but I can't fault Radiohead for that because they surpassed my expectations. This gig will certainly go down as one of the most interesting of the tour, and I'm proud to have been there for it.

PS: Thom was a dancing fool last night. You have to see it for yourself to believe it.

Now.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #873
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 PM
The Charlotte show was freaking amazing. I'm still floating.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #874
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Only 6 more days until I can join in on this. You guys have got me pretty damn excited, not that I wouldn't be anyway.

By the way, about what time are they coming on? I'm determined to miss Liars.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #875
Blue Crack Supplier

Impy, I heard 8:45 was the average time, and they probably came on at about 8:55, but considering the rain I was impressed with their punctuality.

We need a bootleg of this Virginia show.

NOW.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #876
Blue Crack Supplier

Tampa is up, by the way, YLB.

http://www.ronaldvdberg. nl/giglinkdump/
Old 05-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #877
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Impy, I heard 8:45 was the average time, and they probably came on at about 8:55, but considering the rain I was impressed with their punctuality.

NOW.

you said it! I can't wait for this boot...
Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #878
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

NOW.
Agreed. If it's decent quality, it could be one of the best of the tour.

Now.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #879
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Indeed.

It's funny, but everything was crap yesterday except for Radiohead. Liars was a bunch of noise basically, the weather was torture, and my feet were so wet that I couldn't really feel them for hours. All of us went through the worst conditions possible for this band.

Thankfully, Radiohead really made it all worth it. In all of the talk about setlists, people have overlooked just how much this band has improved, particularly Thom, whose voice is possibly the best it has ever been. I was surprised by how well the electronic blips came through in a live setting, but frustrated by the fact that I couldn't really hear Johnny from where I was. Planet Telex was sort of ruined for me because of this. Optimistic was basically drums, bass, and vocals with an occasional guitar line getting through the mix.

But the setlist? Sheer brilliance. I'm sorry we didn't get There There or How To Disappear, but I can't really complain after getting a chance to hear ALL of In Rainbows, Pyramid Song, Paranoid Android, the lovely piano version of Like Spinning Plates, and Fake Plastic Trees, which was the definite highlight of the night; the climax was almost overwhelmingly loud and powerful. Seriously, it was the best version I had ever heard of one of my favorite Radiohead songs. Could I have asked for more?

So yeah, yesterday sucked in general, but I can't fault Radiohead for that because they surpassed my expectations. This gig will certainly go down as one of the most interesting of the tour, and I'm proud to have been there for it.

PS: Thom was a dancing fool last night. You have to see it for yourself to believe it.
Glad to see you got such an awesome show, L-Mel and gang.

Thanks Laz, I'll be downloading shortly.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #880
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:

Liars was a bunch of noise basically

Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #881
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Well, I like what I've heard from Drum's Not Dead. They're not noise, but they sounded like noise yesterday. The venue and weather certainly didn't help matters.

Now.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #882
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

They didn't sound that great in Tampa either, and I like their studio material.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #883
Blue Meth Addict

Hmm, maybe the sound in the "outdoor" or large arenas just doesn't transfer over well. They've sounded great in both of the clubs I've seen them at. You probably can't see any of Angus' antics unless you're up close either, and that's a good deal of the fun of a Liars show.

LM, don't take offense to the picture. That's actually a picture a friend of mine took of his own car. He was driving from Utah to NYC, and the U-Haul trailer he was pulling got blown over in a blizzard in Wyoming. A year later, one of my other friends found that someone had some how found the the picture and turned it into a FAIL shot. Funny shiznit.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #884
The Male

No offense taken, man. I'm happy that you took the time to dig up an original pic rather than google for it.

Now.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #885
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Indeed.

damn it you bitches I'm jealous

glad you all enjoyed it