RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The show last night was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better setlist and the Atlanta audience was fantastic. We were also happy not to have any tornados.

I can't have too many Kid A songs in any Radiohead show. :drool:

Talk Show Host! :shocked:

martha & I are having a freaking fantastic time. Charlotte tonight. :hyper:

Joyful and Martha in Atlanta and Charlotte??

The South will never be the same.

joyfulgirl said:
The show last night was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better setlist and the Atlanta audience was fantastic. We were also happy not to have any tornados.

I can't have too many Kid A songs in any Radiohead show. :drool:

Talk Show Host! :shocked:

martha & I are having a freaking fantastic time. Charlotte tonight. :hyper:

That's great to hear. Hope tonight's show impresses. :up:

drove to charlotte from ohio today to surprise my mom for mother's day and on way down heard radiohead was playing! bought a ticket from online broker and will be there in 2 hours! wooo!

I'm a pretty new Radiohead fan and I was just wondering, do you guys think that Radiohead will return to the U.S. for another leg after touring the rest of the world?

I live in New York City and the only show Radiohead is playing in my area is at the All Points West festival in New Jersey. I don't really like any of the bands on the bill except for Radiohead so I don't know if I want to shell out the money.

Joey788 said:
I'm a pretty new Radiohead fan and I was just wondering, do you guys think that Radiohead will return to the U.S. for another leg after touring the rest of the world?

I live in New York City and the only show Radiohead is playing in my area is at the All Points West festival in New Jersey. I don't really like any of the bands on the bill except for Radiohead so I don't know if I want to shell out the money.

don't bet on it. they always way under play the demand. they seem to play very few american shows each tour, and i don't remember playing multiple legs where the visit the same places again.

from atease:

Radiohead: Live in Charlotte [live report]
Posted on May 9th, 2008.

Radiohead are playing their forth show of the 2008 tour at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte, North Carolina tonight. The band sound checked There There, The Gloaming, 15 Step, Punch Up At A Wedding, Planet Telex (twice), Sail To The Moon (twice), Jigsaw Falling Into Place (just the beginning and then the full song four times as Thom complains about the reverb), Go Slowly (twice), Myxomatosis, Idioteque, Bangers and Mash (a teaser then the full song), Bodysnatchers, Knives Out and All I Need. Radiohead is due to take the stage around 8:45.

Setlist
01. All I Need
02. There There
03. Airbag
04. 15 Step
05. Nude
06. Sail to the Moon
07. Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi
08. Myxomatosis
09. Idioteque
10. Morning Bell
11. Videotape
12. Optimistic
13. Where I End and You Begin
14. You and Whose Army?
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Bangers and Mash (Thom: “I’m Spiderman, Jonny is Cat Woman”, Jonny ’scratches’ at him, Thom: “Tell me later.”)
17. Bodysnatchers

encore 1
18. Go Slowly
19. Talk Show Host
20. Exit Music (For A Film)
21. Planet Telex
22. House of Cards

encore 2
23. Paranoid Android (Thom before: “Everyone stay still so Colin can take a pic of the crowd.”)
24. Reckoner

Very good set.

It's supposed to pour rain on the 11th (don't worry U2Fanatic, there's a roof), so let's hope we can hear Thom sing "rain down, come on rain down" for the occasion. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
Very good set.

It's supposed to pour rain on the 11th (don't worry U2Fanatic, there's a roof), so let's hope we can hear Thom sing "rain down, come on rain down" for the occasion. :wink:

yep! I was thinking that last nite when I was at the Cure show at Patriot Center.. If it rains no worries...:D And I hope we hear thom sing that one.. :yes:

Raucous lightning just before the show last night in Charlotte. :uhoh:

That was my fifth Radiohead show of my life, and maybe my favorite. :drool: I think I may have lung cancer, however. Those southern kids really do like to support their tobacco industry. :crack:

Maybe later I'll post some of the crappy pics I took from the lawn. :hyper:

But two fucking great shows two nights in a row across the country. I'm tired but happy. :)

Here's video of How To Disappear Completely that I took at the Atlanta show, I was a bit far (thanks w.a.s.t.e. for putting those tix onsale while I was on the way to work :p ) but the sound came out surprisingly decent! I got a couple of others but that will have to wait til tomorrow, I just got home four hours ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvPSR44qDs

Show was fab, I liked the flow of it a lot, the lights are fab, everything was fab. :rockon: I had a feeling Paranoid Android would appear because of the weather but sooo happy and surprised to hear Talk Show Host back in the rotation. Atlanta was also surprisingly kinda groovy too, who knew? :)

Last edited:
rather surprised that i might be wrong, my iron lung, fake plastic trees, and 2+2=5 have not made a single showing yet. especially the first three, as they've been staples for years.

have fun then.

apparently they've soundchecked 2+2=5, Jigsaw Falling In To Place (4 times), Like Spinning Plates, Just, Down Is The New Up, and All I Need.

the capitAl letters indicate i copied and pasted that info from atease.

According to ateaseweb.com, here's tonight's setlist from Bristow, Virginia:

01. All I Need
02. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
03. Lucky
04. Nude
05. Pyramid Song
06. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
07. Myxomatosis
08. Idioteque
09. Faust Arp
10. Videotape
11. Paranoid Android
12. Just
13. Reckoner
14. Everything In Its Right Place
15. Bangers and Mash
16. Bodysnatchers

encore 1:
17. Like Spinning Plates
18. Optimistic
19. Karma Police
20. Go Slowly
21. Planet Telex

encore 2:
22. Fake Plastic Trees
23. The National Anthem
24. House of Cards

I'm still sitting in the parking lot 90 min after the show ended. Fucking amazing! In rainbow in its entirety, planet telex, fake plastic trees, lucky, the b-sides!!! I'm in heaven. Only 1 song from HTTT but at least it was a killer.

It rained the entire time but thin kept thanking the crowd for even staying. He added later "I hope it was fucking worth it!"

More later

No one else shown up yet?

The people who run the Nissan Pavillion in Bristow, Virginia are FUCKED. I am not exaggerating when I tell you we didn't even move from our spot in the parking lot for nearly TWO HOURS after the concert ended. Then it was at least a half hour before we actually got back onto the freeway.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, I know the setlist was posted already, but I forgot to mention above how happy I was that we got to hear Pyramid Song as well. They played my #1 favorite from OK Computer (Lucky), Amnesiac (Pyramid), Kid A (Everything In Its Right Place), The Bends (Fake Plastic Trees), and obviously In Rainbows (All I Need).

Reckoner was actually the highlight of the evening in terms of performance, with a neat little guitar part added to the outro. Other notable perfs included Planet Telex (I don't even know how great it was because I was freaking out the whole time), 15 Step, Videotape, and Arpeggi, to name a few.

I'm wet and tired. Tonight I go to sleep sucking a lemon, tonight I go to sleep sucking a lemon...

Best set of the tour so far.

What do people think of House of Cards as a closer? I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I agree that it doesn't seem like a proper end to a 'head concert. I might be wrong.

Also, Paranoid Android -> Just.

Wow, that would make the concert for me.

lazarus said:
I'm still sitting in the parking lot 90 min after the show ended. Fucking amazing! In rainbow in its entirety, planet telex, fake plastic trees, lucky, the b-sides!!! I'm in heaven. Only 1 song from HTTT but at least it was a killer.

It rained the entire time but thin kept thanking the crowd for even staying. He added later "I hope it was fucking worth it!"

More later

"And it rained all night and kept the filth away"

Wouldn't mind seeing Harrowdown Hill or Cymbal Rush somehow chucked into the setlist somewhere.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom