question about mp3 players - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2005, 12:13 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge

well i looked around to figure out market value this afternoon and I think that $150 is about what it's worth
Interesting.....I've been wanting an iPod for a while now, but I don't care if it's used or not the latest and greatest. $150 is WAY more than my parents would spend on me for Christmas though (well $100 would be too), but if my mom asks, I can at least suggest....

Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Interesting.....I've been wanting an iPod for a while now, but I don't care if it's used or not the latest and greatest. $150 is WAY more than my parents would spend on me for Christmas though (well $100 would be too), but if my mom asks, I can at least suggest....
suggest away

mine has scratches on the screen but aside from that it's great

Old 11-28-2005, 12:21 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Scratches are ok by me. I've never had an mp3 player, only a discman that plays mp3 discs, which is fine with me, but my current one has been to Africa and back and barely works. If and when it plays a CD, the songs all skip. The mp3 disc players just wear down fast for me b/c I walk to school and work everyday and they get tossed around in my backpack. Time for an investment...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

lay off livluv i called tre's ipod!

just kidding

anyone else have any advice on alternatives to the ipod? please?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:10 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Scratches are ok by me. I've never had an mp3 player, only a discman that plays mp3 discs, which is fine with me, but my current one has been to Africa and back and barely works. If and when it plays a CD, the songs all skip. The mp3 disc players just wear down fast for me b/c I walk to school and work everyday and they get tossed around in my backpack. Time for an investment...
if it's going to get banged around a bit or you take it running you might want a smaller capacity one
a 15 GB mp3 player usually has a hard drive in it, and the hard drive thingy has to spin and if you jog it too bad it could scratch and ruin it
the smaller ones, 1GB or less like an ipod shuffle or nano have flash memory and no moving parts (I have a 1 GB samsung YP-MT6 and I love it so)
Old 11-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Good call, Kristie. And I don't need anywhere near 15GB (that's how big my laptop's HD is so that's all I have). I considered the shuffle, but I don't like my music on "shuffle" all the time and not being able to select besides continuously clicking forward.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:58 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Good call, Kristie. And I don't need anywhere near 15GB (that's how big my laptop's HD is so that's all I have). I considered the shuffle, but I don't like my music on "shuffle" all the time and not being able to select besides continuously clicking forward.
that's exactly why I got the one I did instead of a shuffle - comparable price, but it's got a display screen and you can set playlists, the equalizer, shuffle/normal/repeat/whatever, radio, microphone for recording if you're so inclined
it takes 1 AA battery but it lasts for about 20 hours, I use rechargables

I can't seem to find the exact one I have except on ebay, but best buy or circuit city's website has some very similar ones by samsung and other brands for the same price as a shuffle