Pussy, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: well we each brought a camera. and you know what ticks me off? i keep getting the third degree at concerts about my camera! there's nothing wrong with it! i think everyone thinks it's a dslr, but it isn't! i offer to show them my bag (which is a huge invasion of privacy but whatevs, better than losing a camera) to show i have no lenses or anything) and they still act like i'm lying.

as an fyi, this is basically the camera i own. it's still a regular digital camera, just with a fantastic zoom. i wish i could afford a digital slr, but since no concerts allow those anyway, there's really no point in me ever getting one.

Suuuuure it's not a DSLR, Khan. :tsk:

No, that's a cool camera. I need to get a better one. I can't believe I'm saying this after only having one for five months. But mine has only a paltry 3x zoom and I could really go for more. Not sure if I'm the kind of person who really needs a DSLR, I just want better zoom.

I also want something I can take videos with. Though I imagine that'll mean a separate camera.

and yeah, compare that to the umm...sixteen pictures we took at liam's concert? :lol:

:lol: Poor Liam.

:lmao: that sounds even worse than the original, which is hard to do!

btw, i just saw something and had to mention it. i missed one of my shows yesterday since i was driving so i was watching it online. you can see them on the network's site with limited commercials. anyway, every commercial break, it was an ad for last.fm! :banghead:

Screwy, have you ever managed to form the plot of 1. Outside? I kind of have the gist, but some things still don't make sense?

Axver said:
Suuuuure it's not a DSLR, Khan. :tsk:

No, that's a cool camera. I need to get a better one. I can't believe I'm saying this after only having one for five months. But mine has only a paltry 3x zoom and I could really go for more. Not sure if I'm the kind of person who really needs a DSLR, I just want better zoom.

I also want something I can take videos with. Though I imagine that'll mean a separate camera.
:lol: thanks! yes, it's awesome. comparing pictures i take to the ones my mom takes with hers is amazing. mine are so much clearer as compared to hers.

and video...it's amazing. i've got a couple video clips on youtube i upped from when i saw tim finn this year; the sound quality is great considering it's being shot with a digital camera, not a camcorder.

:lol: Poor Liam.
:lol: i know! i put my mom in charge of the photos for that concert. big mistake :tsk: oh well, the stage was small so it's not like the photos would've turned out much differently. "here's liam strumming his guitar for this song! and now this song! and here's him going crazy on the drums!"

Screwtape2 said:
Axver, I don't know if you like science fiction but a show I think you would love is Babylon 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5#Themes

I has great themes and questions of politics and humanity that I think you'd really be interested in.

This clip for example is quite beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujayd9MuCFM

I find that the show has been very influencial on my writing. Maybe it will be on yours.

I think the only sci-fi I've ever really loved is the comedy stylings of Douglas Adams' Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. :laugh:

But I'll check it out, it looks interesting enough. And it hasn't been promoted by Muldfeld as the most politically insightful TV show ever. :wink:

HEY KHAN, I JUST NOTICED YOU CHANGED TO THE AWESOME AVATAR.

:up:

phillyfan26 said:
Screwy, have you ever managed to form the plot of 1. Outside? I kind of have the gist, but some things still don't make sense?

From what Bowie has explained it is about an underground art world that fancies death. So I believe the main character that becomes obsessed with this style of art. I don't understand the whole story but you can feel a story being told.

This might help answer some questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Zj9x_qOdE

I thought it was that the main character's a detective trying to hunt down a person from that underground art world who killed a 14 year old.

phillyfan26 said:
I thought it was that the main character's a detective trying to hunt down a person from that underground art world who killed a 14 year old.

Was the main character the detective? I get confused. The underground art world killing at least is clear. In the interview I linked you to, Bowie says he was in neo-Paganism. Interesting stuff. :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: thanks! yes, it's awesome. comparing pictures i take to the ones my mom takes with hers is amazing. mine are so much clearer as compared to hers.

and video...it's amazing. i've got a couple video clips on youtube i upped from when i saw tim finn this year; the sound quality is great considering it's being shot with a digital camera, not a camcorder.

With my monumentally shit vision, I find it hard to differentiate much of the time, but I can tell there is a noticeable difference in crispness between photos I've taken and those I took on my father's better camera last year. But I don't know where I'm meant to find the money to get a really good camera, so oh well. I've no idea what to get anyway, as most of the rail photographer talk I see is focused around DSLRs and those are too expensive for me and I'm not 100% sure if they're worth it.

:lol: i know! i put my mom in charge of the photos for that concert. big mistake :tsk: oh well, the stage was small so it's not like the photos would've turned out much differently. "here's liam strumming his guitar for this song! and now this song! and here's him going crazy on the drums!"

:laugh:

The girl beside me at EITS took photos through the whole gig. I had to wonder just how different they turned out being. The stage was TINY! It's not as if they were U2 running around on the ellipse.

There are five characters I can tell: Detective Nathan Adler, Baby Grace, Leon Blank, Algeria Touchshriek, and Ramona A. Stone. The last three are suspects, the second the victim, the first the main character. That's what I got from listening and some of the vague snippets of liner notes.

phillyfan26 said:
There are five characters I can tell: Detective Nathan Adler, Baby Grace, Leon Blank, Algeria Touchshriek, and Ramona A. Stone. The last three are suspects, the second the victim, the first the main character. That's what I got from listening and some of the vague snippets of liner notes.

Right! I was wondering what songs stood out to you.

Outside, Heart's Filthy Lesson, No Control, Strangers When We Meet.

There's some pretty good tracks on there. I need to give it another listen to fully remember it all.

phillyfan26 said:
Outside, Heart's Filthy Lesson, No Control, Strangers When We Meet.

There's some pretty good tracks on there. I need to give it another listen to fully remember it all.

My favorite song on Outside is I'm Deranged.

It was used as in the title sequence of one of my favorite movies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI61MEUT_ak

I don't particularly like the segues. I think any kind of narrative in that form is a bit too blatant. I like the storyline idea and everything, but they never really worked for me.

sorry, i had a phone call :reject:

Axver said:
With my monumentally shit vision, I find it hard to differentiate much of the time, but I can tell there is a noticeable difference in crispness between photos I've taken and those I took on my father's better camera last year. But I don't know where I'm meant to find the money to get a really good camera, so oh well. I've no idea what to get anyway, as most of the rail photographer talk I see is focused around DSLRs and those are too expensive for me and I'm not 100% sure if they're worth it.
yeah, i think dslr cameras are a waste of money unless you're a professional photographer. they're so expensive; you'd need that income to recoup that money, and the difference between a great digital camera and a standard dslr won't matter too much to an amateur photographer who does it as hobby.

i've never blown up any of my photos past the standard size but i'm sure they'd still look great larger and not get blurry. a dslr will probably allow you to take poster-sized photos which i think few of us would ever want to do.

:laugh:

The girl beside me at EITS took photos through the whole gig. I had to wonder just how different they turned out being. The stage was TINY! It's not as if they were U2 running around on the ellipse.
:lol: yikes! yeah, at the end i got trigger happy and just kept snapping away and it looked like those animations people draw. when you look at them fast enough, you can not only see the band move, but you can see people clap and such! :uhoh:

Just wondering. It's pretty good.

He says the art gang is creating a minotaur out of parts they get from the people they kill.

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah, i think dslr cameras are a waste of money unless you're a professional photographer. they're so expensive; you'd need that income to recoup that money, and the difference between a great digital camera and a standard dslr won't matter too much to an amateur photographer who does it as hobby.

i've never blown up any of my photos past the standard size but i'm sure they'd still look great larger and not get blurry. a dslr will probably allow you to take poster-sized photos which i think few of us would ever want to do.

For the near future, the highest aspiration I could have for my photography is for my pictures to be published in railway magazines, and I know they've taken shots from standard digital cameras before. A DSLR would be nice, but not for $1,000, you know? I'm sure I could get a really good digital for about $400 that could do nearly everything a DSLR can do.

:lol: yikes! yeah, at the end i got trigger happy and just kept snapping away and it looked like those animations people draw. when you look at them fast enough, you can not only see the band move, but you can see people clap and such! :uhoh:

:lmao:

That's one thing I need, too - the ability to photograph that quickly. When a train's shooting past, you don't want to be waiting too long between shots ...

Axver said:
For the near future, the highest aspiration I could have for my photography is for my pictures to be published in railway magazines, and I know they've taken shots from standard digital cameras before. A DSLR would be nice, but not for $1,000, you know? I'm sure I could get a really good digital for about $400 that could do nearly everything a DSLR can do.
ooh, that'd be cool. and yeah, i know what you mean. they're just too expensive.

:lmao:

That's one thing I need, too - the ability to photograph that quickly. When a train's shooting past, you don't want to be waiting too long between shots ...
it's easy for mine. i just keep pressing the shutter and it'll just take a ton of pics, rapid fire. :drool:

Khan that is the trippiest av ever.

What a weird day. Shitty personal life day, completely sleep deprived, VA strikes down abortion ban, my political hero is diagnosed with a pretty much untreatable brain tumor, and the election goes on and on and on.

Screwtape2 said:

I hope that happens. I enjoy your pictures. :up:

Thanks. But at this stage, I don't have the confidence in my abilities or in my technology meeting publishable standards to be willing to submit anything for consideration!

KhanadaRhodes said:

ooh, that'd be cool. and yeah, i know what you mean. they're just too expensive.

it's easy for mine. i just keep pressing the shutter and it'll just take a ton of pics, rapid fire. :drool:

What camera do you have?

My old sony took awful action shots and took forever to take a 2nd picture. My new canon sd850 is pretty nifty and quick but I haven't done much more than casual shots of friends and family. It does well in funky lighting, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom