Post your buns!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
Okay...so, I really don't have a bun meself. But, I do bunnysit one from time to time. Petrie is his name, and we're good buddies! :shh: he likes me more than he likes his mom!

IMG_0691.jpg

show us yours!

there's a rabbit which lives up the road. he/she hangs out in people's front yards. no one claims him. the people just leave him be to eat grass.
:(

he doesn't even have a hutch or anything. i'm *this* close to buying a hutch...

I don't have any rabbits, but I did in high school. First, my friend's cat was killing a baby cottontail so I took it out of his mouth and raised it until it would eat greens. I let it go in a big cemetery and it just sat there munching.

The wee-buns (about the size of your index finger)
Bunny%20001.jpg

Bunny%20002.jpg

Then, we bought a brown lop to share and they said it was a dwarf, but it ended up getting HUGE. Like 25-30 lbs huge. Eventually, my friend's mom took it to her small co-op farm for their mini petting zoo b/c it outgrew every hutch we built. We called it Peppy b/c it looked like ground pepper.

My ex-housemate got rabbits when I still lived with her this past summer. She was jealous of me and my other friend's four cats, but she likes small critters. They are dwarf Dutch, Brooklyn (girl) and Benjamin. They used to go outside until we found mites on Brooklyn, so now they are house trained indoors. They're both 'fixed' and microchipped. A rabbit is no less of a pet than a cat or dog.

Brooklyn on my bed
My%20Room%20033.jpg

I don't have a pic of Benny, but he looks the same, just a little lighter brown.

Last edited:
They are terribly cute. We have a litter of buns at the Humane Society right now.

However, they're a LOT of work, moreso than cats, IMO. They are much harder to litter train than cats (who don't really need training). They're also really sensitive to a lot of things, so you've got to be careful with their diets, make sure they don't get scared or frightened, clean their hutches all the time, check for parasites (if they go outside), etc. Most people just shut them in a hutch all the time, but just like other pets they really deserve attention so that they aren't frightened of humans all their lives, and they also need to see a vet regularly just like other pets.

Those bunnies are adorable. We have a lionhead rabbit and she is just the cutest thing. Although she does seem to grunt quite a bit.

Will have to look for a pic of her and see if I can post it.

mandy1973 said:
Oh I :heart: bunnies!!
I SO wish i could have some, but with a Siberian Husky ruling the backyard it's out of the question :(

:( Yeah, they tend to have a rather high prey drive, unfortunately.

Aw I didnt know bunnys were so friendly.

My landlords bunny was on my lap once and it bit the shit out of me :sad: :madspit:

unico said:

:lol: the bun might be bigger than peanut! do you have pics of Bugsy? :cute:

Oh Im sure it is! We all know Peanut lives up to his name! :lol:

When I go home this weekend I will see where my mom put Bugsy's pictures at. Know she has some of them in an album.

Lynnok your bunny is adorable! :cute:

Back
Top Bottom