Pity Me, County Durham Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my very first day of school, I was waiting for the schoolbus. Okay the school van.(Oh, the joys of living in the sticks) It was a Ford Econoline or something like that. Our family was mostly on the Chev side of things. My grandfather and others had taught me that Fords were pieces of crap.

So anyway, I'm standing there waiting and then it pulls up and I say.. very snarkly. "I ain't goin' to schoo in no Ford."

I don't know what it was with me either, even though I'm a proud Canadian.. when I was a kid I had this weird New England accent. Like I was from New York.. I sounded like a kid from NY :giggle:

Still can't figure that one out.

2 things:

1) Garden State is not a chick flick, at all. It's a great little film.

2) Are you drunk?

1. Good. she thought id like it, and shes quite the intellectual, so i was hoping it would work out

2. meh. i'm irish, it doesn't take all that well. i had multiple conversations with my parents that were totally coherent, and i ran about a half mile. i'm in good shape, methinks

1. Good. she thought id like it, and shes quite the intellectual, so i was hoping it would work out

2. meh. i'm irish, it doesn't take all that well. i had multiple conversations with my parents that were totally coherent, and i ran about a half mile. i'm in good shape, methinks

I just asked because you're making typos.

I know you've mentioned what a pantograph is before, but I can't help but think it involves some sort of pants-related statistical analysis.

:laugh: Well, sometimes you'll find trains or trams with their pants down ...! They're used to pick up electricity from the overhead wires.

I can't be arsed finding which of my own pictures illustrate things the best, so here's some from Wikipedia.

PANTOGRAPH

800px-Schynige_Platte_diamond_pantograph.jpg

TROLLEY POLE

WP_trolleypoles_vancouver_600.jpg

Melbourne used trolley poles until the 1990s, when they were replaced with pantographs, ostensibly due to superior reliability and the fact that a trolley pole has to be swung to face the other way when you want to change direction of travel.

On my very first day of school, I was waiting for the schoolbus. Okay the school van.(Oh, the joys of living in the sticks) It was a Ford Econoline or something like that. Our family was mostly on the Chev side of things. My grandfather and others had taught me that Fords were pieces of crap.

So anyway, I'm standing there waiting and then it pulls up and I say.. very snarkly. "I ain't goin' to schoo in no Ford."

I don't know what it was with me either, even though I'm a proud Canadian.. when I was a kid I had this weird New England accent. Like I was from New York.. I sounded like a kid from NY :giggle:

Still can't figure that one out.

That's weird all right! :lol:

What... like Dallas Schoo? :D

I just asked because you're making typos.

I figured people would notice. I can concentrate enough to make a concerted effort to do so, but it's kind of a pain in the ass. I'm not drunk, per se, probably just buzzed, anyway. Seven shots of some kind of liquor in a friend's backyard.

I don't give a crap who makes the cars anyway, as long as they don't fall to bits.

Mazda FTW. :wink:

I like it when they fall to bits on the racetrack like Top Gear's mobile home race last night. :wink:

Hey, this continent's going places! If PNG gets in the way, it's their own fault.

NZ can stay put down there and just ... ooze.

You should respect that PNG likes being where it is and kindly go around. :tsk:

New Zealand will just keep becoming bigger and better.

Melbourne used trolley poles until the 1990s, when they were replaced with pantographs, ostensibly due to superior reliability and the fact that a trolley pole has to be swung to face the other way when you want to change direction of travel.

My only question is, what exactly is the etymology of "pantograph"? Okay, -graph is supposed to be "writing", but.... pants writing?? What does that have to do with tram power... :scratch:

My only question is, what exactly is the etymology of "pantograph"? Okay, -graph is supposed to be "writing", but.... pants writing?? What does that have to do with tram power... :scratch:

Wikipedia knows all!

That beacon of knowledge for the lazy worldwide said:
A pantograph (from Greek roots παντ- 'all, every' and γραφ- 'to write', from their original use for copying writing) is a mechanical linkage connected in a special manner based on parallelograms so that they move in a fixed relationship to each other.

Let's have a drink-off and drunk-typing-off between PFan and Mizza. :yes:

we're like, the same weight and the same tolerance. heavyweight champions :hi5:

except for the concentrating thing...fuck, i don't even do that when i'm sober.

Did you see the Candy Mountain shirt??? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom