Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AWE_Jack03.jpg

AWE_Jack02.jpg

AWE_Jack01.jpg

awe-06.jpg

awe-03.jpg

awe3xxxoo9.jpg

Oh, shit. He looks really good in this movie. I mean even better than the usual good I expect. Thanks for the pictures.

Just found confirmed info that the Finnish premier is on the 23rd i.e. this Wednesday! :hyper: And I just so happen to have that day off from college, so I'm going to go to the 16:30 showing at a movie theatre here in Kuopio!! :hyper: :hyper: Providing I get in of course?!? Coz I have a free movie ticket, that I won a couple a of months ago, and have been waiting for the right time to use it! :wink: I'll let you know how it goes!! :D

I just hope they subtitle the movie this time around.

The combination of all of the pirates + Tia Dalma made my head spin during Dead Man's Chest.

It got 2 and 1/2 stars out of 4 in my local paper, I won't read the review until after I see it. Apparently it's about 2 hours 45 min when you add in approx. 10 min closing credits. Hopefully there's some good bonus Keith Richards stuff in those credits.

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- Three journeys as Captain Jack Sparrow in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" may not be enough to quench the thirst of actor Johnny Depp.

Before the Tokyo premiere Wednesday of the series' third installment, Depp said he would consider taking the oddball character out for one more spin.

"It's been a great experience," Depp said. "Trying to discover who Captain Jack was, getting slapped around by the Disney people -- it was all fun."

The film completes what had originally been intended as a trilogy of movies based on the ride by the same name at Disneyland.

Depp, who was nominated for an Oscar for his quirky portrayal of Captain Jack, said the pirates may rise again.

"There was always that potential that each of us would have to say goodbye to the character," Depp said. "But if it is over, which one never knows, Captain Jack will always be with me."

Even so, producer Jerry Bruckheimer cautioned that no one will be jumping right back into the waters.

"This is the end for now," he said. "I think everybody is exhausted and needs some time off. We're all going to take a little break."

Ahoy me hearties, I'm back! The movie twas brilliant, just brilliant I tell ye!!
a034.gif
Ohwrah, tawas more Jack Sparrow than you knew what to do with and crabs galore, mateys!!
a034.gif
And shiver me timbers if there twasn't a surprise cameo that I'm sure all ye all love!!
a034.gif
Also some surprising turn of events and even more surprising ending, aye shipmates and I really I'm going to have to stop talking like this me hearties!!
a034.gif

:wink:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:
Ohoy me hearties, I'm back! The movie t'was brilliant, just brilliant I tell ye!!
a034.gif
Ohwrah, t'was more Jack Sparrow than you knew what to do with and craps galore, mateys!!
a034.gif
And shiver me timbers if there twasn't a surprise cameo that I'm sure all ye all love!!
a034.gif
Also ay shipmates, some surprising turn of events and even more surprising ending, ay shipmates and I really I'm going to have to stop talking like this me hearties!!
a034.gif

:wink:

you silly silly girl!!! :giggle:

I saw the movie tonight, and it was fantastic! The theatre I went to was absolutely insane. There were people dressed up, and it was raccous, noisy, and hilarious. Good times. The first time Johnny Depp showed up on screen everyone burst into applause. And the same for Keith Richards, except his applause and other hooting & hollering was a lot noisier. It was a fun evening, and I really enjoyed the movie.

I won't give away what was after the credits, but it was disappointing compared to what the first 2 movies were like. That's all I'll say about it right now. It was okay - just not what I had been hoping for.

My favourite part was definitely the battle between the two ships in the vortex-thingy. Great special effects, the music was fantastic, and it was a feast for the eyes.

ThoraSEB said:

I won't give away what was after the credits, but it was disappointing compared to what the first 2 movies were like. That's all I'll say about it right now. It was okay - just not what I had been hoping for.

How was that disappointing? Because it was actually substantial and emotional instead of just a joke like the after credits of the previous movies? (maybe you shouldn't answer me, don't want to give anything away)

Everyone needs to stay after the credits!

bsp77 said:

How was that disappointing? Because it was actually substantial and emotional instead of just a joke like the after credits of the previous movies? (maybe you shouldn't answer me, don't want to give anything away)

Everyone needs to stay after the credits!

Exactly! I was expecting it to be joking, based on what the first two movies were like. It was a fine scene, nice to see, but I was hoping for something funny and silly. :shrug:

Yes I thought it might be some Keith stuff after the credits, but it was warm and fuzzy and nice..

I liked it more than I liked 2-Keira is the star of this one for me. Johnny is hilarious, and Orlando looks beautiful. It was fun, I hate to see it end if this is the end. Keith Richards should have had a much bigger part, maybe he didn't want it. But that was such a wasted opportunity.

I saw it in digital projection, that was awesome :drool:

Ditto to everything you said! :up:

I didn't see it in digital projection though. If I do see it in the theatres again (which I might, in a few weeks) I hope to have a better seat. We were at the theatre quite early, but we still ended up with seats just a few rows back from the screen, so we had to crane our necks.

At least we saw everyone up close! :lol:

It was bitter-sweet for me because I had a friend at the theater who kept telling me that she knows someone who's dad says they're making a fourth and fifth one :)eyeroll: ) and if it's true I'll be broken-hearted, because I would love it to end the way it did

but of course they had to go and leave room for another movie :banghead:

The movie was amazing, but there were SOO many unanswered bits there at the end :sigh:

But let me reiterate...loved it loved it loved it loved it

Back
Top Bottom