Pink Floyd Survivor: The Wall - The First of Many - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Vote for your LEAST favourite song!
In the Flesh? 0 0%
The Thin Ice 0 0%
Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 1 0 0%
The Happiest Days of Our Lives 0 0%
Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 2 0 0%
Mother 0 0%
Goodbye Blue Sky 0 0%
Empty Spaces 0 0%
Young Lust 0 0%
One of My Turns 0 0%
Don't Leave Me Now 0 0%
Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 3 0 0%
Goodbye Cruel World 1 4.76%
Hey You 0 0%
Is There Anybody Out There? 0 0%
Nobody Home 0 0%
Vera 0 0%
Bring the Boys Back Home 0 0%
Comfortably Numb 4 19.05%
The Show Must Go On 0 0%
In the Flesh 0 0%
Run Like Hell 0 0%
Waiting for the Worms 0 0%
Stop 11 52.38%
The Trial 4 19.05%
Outside the Wall 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #16
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cdisantis83
Wait a moment, three votes for Comfortably Numb? Something is not right here. I am not one to push the notion of objectively superior music, but it really would be a travesty if CN exited anywhere before the final five. Someone here must be using alters- both CN and Shine On cannot be deprived of the final if this poll is to retain any degree of legitimacy.
Yeah, this is just too suspicious. If somebody is altering this, they clearly are not very good at doing it in a subtle method to evade detection. I find it hard to believe that three people already want to kick out CN ahead of everything else on The Wall.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #17
The Male

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yeah, this is just too suspicious. If somebody is altering this, they clearly are not very good at doing it in a subtle method to evade detection. I find it hard to believe that three people already want to kick out CN ahead of everything else on The Wall.
Yeah, they should have just voted once. We all could have had a good laugh about it and moved on. But this? No...this is definitely suspicious.

Now.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:22 PM
Quote:

It's not suspicious at all.

Someone's just trying to be funny/a douchebag. Unsuccessful in the former, exceptional in the latter.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:22 PM
Do you know what I find really interesting? The voting has been very strange ever since mid December. The WYWH final was bizarre... Shine On - a song that a lot of us wanted to win - was curiously beaten as a result of a high rate of voting that occurred within a small time frame. The Animals final was also bizarre in the sense that there were 18 votes against Sheep. The number of people who commented against Sheep did not even exceed single digits. Dogs was clearly winning based on comments, but by SO much? Animals is not a well-known album outside the Floyd fan base, so I highly doubt the results could have been influenced by the people who "know" Pink Floyd via the radio. And now, there are three votes against Comfortably Numb in the first round. In previous polls, a number of us have expressed that we would like this song to win the Wall survivor. Very curious voting patterns indeed...

If someone IS jerking us around, and if this someone is who I think it is, then this person is a bigger twat than I initially suspected.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:55 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

If someone IS jerking us around, and if this someone is who I think it is, then this person is a bigger twat than I initially suspected.
I don't think Uberbeaver is doing it.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:22 PM
Quote:
There is plenty of crap here, but The Trial probably irritates me the most and is the best demonstration of the concept overwhelming the quality of the music. It has got to go.

And... I hate the talking ass in the film.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #22
Refugee

Is there any way to determine whom is voting for what song? Perhaps a mod could assist us in this instance, or the people (or, perhaps more accurately, person) doing so could take a moment to declare why they feel inclined to vote in that rather peculiar fashion.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #23
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Wouldn't you think that Mr. Brau is a little too loaded at the moment to successfully hack interference?

Now.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:34 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Decided to join in with the "Comfortably Numb" voters...this album blows and that's my protest.

Tags
pink floyd survivor, survivor