Photographer's Union Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they were making some kind of rockets nearby and men were sent to this camp basically to die. The US bombed the facility because of the large hangars, thinking the rockets were there and not knowing there were POWs and other prisoners in the camp. When they finally rolled in there were thousands of corpses. My understanding is that the Army went into the town and forced the locals to help bury the dead. My Grandpa died when I was a kid so I don't know his version of the story, and I don't think he ever told it anyway.

:( my grandpa fought in the Pacific and in the Korean war. He never talked about it, I found some slides a few years ago. I am going to try and scan them.

My mom found a slide scanner on Groupon so I bought it for my dad's birthday (it's from my mom but she didn't want him to figure it out). I'm not sure how they work but we'll find out pretty soon...

Nikon just announced the $2100 full frame D600 - 24.5 MP, 5.5 fps. It looks like Canon may have to respond - there are rumors of a 6D. I think Nikon has taken the lead in full frame for now. I probably won't switch for now, but the low noise (especially shadow noise when pushing exposures) of the D600/D800 does seem tempting.

I bought a casio exilim ex-h30 on amazon today. I needed a handbag camera for every day...dunno if this is any good, we will see.

Here are three photos I have processed so far from an Artistic Nude Shoot I did on 09/23/2012.

i-QwCQNXP-L.jpg

i-vb23hwq-L.jpg

i-vbLw5Wk-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom