Photographer's Union Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome idea, great execution. The future of photography is very interesting indeed! ;)

clouds10.jpg

This one I like a lot - I've experimented a bit trying to make digital look like analog but it just doesn't work for me :( I tried your tips Jive, it got me closer though.

An old picture from Marrakesh, Morocco, that I almost forgot I took:

4671450310_fca99b6298.jpg

Large on Black

I just love his expression =)

I'm (slowly) getting used to my new Canon. Its been a bit of a mental change from the Olympus menus/terms-they are nothing alike

Canon :up:. I think you'll enjoy the Canon - looks like great image quality there.

Canon :up:. I think you'll enjoy the Canon - looks like great image quality there.

In addition, it's like Olympus have given up on their DSLR lineup in favour of the PEN (which is probably a good idea, seeing Canon/Nikon/Sony are way more aggressive and well-funded). And almost no primes.

Canon works great for me :)

I guess not - I use Aperture - which has proved great for me needs thus far - and I mainly play around with contrast, exposure, colour and toning (and the occasional noise reduction). There are no actual filters in the programme, I guess maybe they're available for download. I'm self-taught, and I've never really been that into post-processing - but I'll do a search for some filters ;)

This one I like a lot - I've experimented a bit trying to make digital look like analog but it just doesn't work for me :( I tried your tips Jive, it got me closer though.

An old picture from Marrakesh, Morocco, that I almost forgot I took:

4671450310_fca99b6298.jpg

Large on Black

I just love his expression =)

Wow, thanks, I'm flattered you like it, especially considering the caliber of your work!

That one you posted is fantastic as well. You're right, his expression makes the picture...it's a mix of so many emotions, it seems.

Here's a few I took on Friday of Toro y Moi:

P6040827.jpg

P6040822.jpg

P6040814.jpg

P6040798.jpg

And one of some graffiti on a dilapidated building near my house:

P5300745.jpg

A few from The National concert - no dslrs allowed, so I used my Kodak compact. Low lighting overall.

SINGER1.jpg

GUIT2.jpg

GUIT1.jpg

This was a very common lighting scheme-
SIL.jpg

While the other two are cool, and the cover is fantastic, I hate this picture.

Why, why oh why. I don't get the lack of aesthetics, I don't get the why he wants to pixelate the whole thing, I don't see the point, and I don't know why, but it annoys me.

I'm so narrow-minded.

:reject:

Don't feel bad, that was my immediate reaction as well. Pixelation just bothers my eyes, for some reason.

While the other two are cool, and the cover is fantastic, I hate this picture.

Why, why oh why. I don't get the lack of aesthetics, I don't get the why he wants to pixelate the whole thing, I don't see the point, and I don't know why, but it annoys me.

I'm so narrow-minded.

:reject:

Yeah, I can see how it's a bit annoying. I only posted a few random shots - he actually has different series on the website (including the pixelized series). I liked the whited out eyes in this one - there are other ones as well with the white eyes. I guess it makes more sense when viewed as a series. I like his series showing the rocket crash as well.

Not my best shots, I wasn't really happy with these but might as well post em. LOL

This was a very common lighting scheme-
SIL.jpg

I really like this one

We had a re-enactment of a submarine attack on our city this week, where a restored anti-aircraft serachlight was used for the first time. It was pretty bright.

4681216523_3efebb4f8e.jpg

This is what the beach usually looks like, only a bit earlier.

4681222179_4cc250fca8.jpg

A bit of playing waiting for it all to start

4681217977_9f5a34459c.jpg

And one of some graffiti on a dilapidated building near my house:

P5300745.jpg

OMG!!! :lol:

We live really close to each other. I live just east of Hiawatha.

I've taken photos of some of the buildings in that area because they are supposed to be torn down (probably once the economy rebounds).

I always regret seeing where I grew up and not having "before and after" photos. (I grew up on the "poor" side of Edina just off France and 72nd. I would play in the sand piles and quarry pit that is now Centennial Lakes.)

So, since I know they intend to put a nice development at that site at 38th St., I want to have some "before and after" shots.

I know some of us are old enough here to have pictures from a decade or two ago. Anyone have some "before and after" shots from over a long-ish time period?

OMG!!! :lol:

We live really close to each other. I live just east of Hiawatha.

I've taken photos of some of the buildings in that area because they are supposed to be torn down (probably once the economy rebounds).

I always regret seeing where I grew up and not having "before and after" photos. (I grew up on the "poor" side of Edina just off France and 72nd. I would play in the sand piles and quarry pit that is now Centennial Lakes.)

So, since I know they intend to put a nice development at that site at 38th St., I want to have some "before and after" shots.

I know some of us are old enough here to have pictures from a decade or two ago. Anyone have some "before and after" shots from over a long-ish time period?

No way!! I knew you were a dweller of the Twin Cities, but didn't realize we lived THAT close.

Also, thanks for the info about those buildings on 38th...I always figured they'd do something with them, but now that I know it's sort of imminent, I'll try to take more pictures of them, as I've intended to for quite awhile now.

I'm nowhere near the league of photography that you guys are in, but here are a few of my faves from our trip last week to LA/Anaheim (mostly from the Getty Museum).

LA-Anaheim2010060.jpg

LA-Anaheim2010099.jpg

LA-Anaheim2010103.jpg

LA-Anaheim2010090.jpg

LA-Anaheim2010133.jpg
(I love this building!)

LA-Anaheim2010125.jpg

LA-Anaheim2010189.jpg

LA-Anaheim2010191.jpg

Thank you. It was a busy afternoon at the museum & took me forever to get a shot without 14 stangers wandering through the frame. :wink:

Those are all really nice, BluRmGrl!

I'd photoshop the woman out of the first one. It'll take about 30 seconds and make all the difference.
You've got a great eye though

Those are all really nice, BluRmGrl!

I'd photoshop the woman out of the first one. It'll take about 30 seconds and make all the difference.
You've got a great eye though
I lost Photoshop on my desktop about a month ago & just found the recovery disk to add to my new laptop, so I hadn't had a chance yet to make any corrections. Thank you for the encouragement about having "a great eye" - that kind of unbiased, unsolicited feedback means a lot to me.

Do you have CS5 yet? Omg content aware fill :love: and the spot healing brush ftw.

LA-Anaheim20100602.jpg

:heart: Let's get married! :flirt: :lmao:

Thanks for using my shot for your demonstration, btw! :up:

Love Star Trails Jets!.

Pretty good pics Blurmgirl. Love the old spanish structers.

CS5 is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom