Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
and don't even get me started on people who talk on the phone while in the bathroom.
I did this last night but to be fair someone called me and I was the only person in the bathroom, so we cool?

Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #62
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
i thought that too for a while, and when i looked at them i was bummed they weren't actually the colour of blackberries. they're just plain black like most phones.

my blackberry wasn't expensive at all, i have a pearl which is named so because the scroll button looks like a pearl when lit up it only cost me $150, but now they sell for $100.

yes, i said only...i have a thing about getting expensive phones. and i usually do so every 12-18 months
Oh, that's lame. Also, I should state for the record that I really don't know what a Blackberry can do. I just remember that we had some live audio streams from ramblin rose's Blackberry on the third leg of the Vertigo Tour.

My mobile phone is 4 years old or so. No desire to get a new one. I can call and text people on it, that's all I need. If I want to take photographs - well, that's why I carry around my digital camera at all times!

Bonnie, you will have to forgive me this coming week if I suddenly stop to take photos of trams. I think Ali and U-Wen have gotten used to it ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #63
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
IT LIVES!

But Khan, we never got to 1,000 posts in the last thread!
oops!

oh well, it evens out because sometimes we've gone over
Old 06-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #64
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:50 PM
I have a few errands to run, but I'll be back later.....Ax, Khan, Bonnie have nice days/evenings if I do not see you later.....

ETA - And Danimal, too, if you're still around.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #65
Vocal parasite

Quote:
GOD I KNOW!!!!! i cannot STAND people who text, read e-mail, talk on the phone while out with someone. how fucking rude. if someone did that to me, they might not have a phone when they leave. and don't even get me started on people who talk on the phone while in the bathroom.
Oh, I feel so bad every time I need to reply to a text message when I'm talking to somebody else even if it's totally unavoidable, e.g. we're both waiting for that person to show up and I'm texting them directions to where we are.

And you know what else shits me off? People who continue to listen to iPods when you're talking to them. I had to have an argument with Kate before she stopped doing that around me. I found it indescribably rude.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #66
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I did this last night but to be fair someone called me and I was the only person in the bathroom, so we cool?
as long as you're uhh...not going, you know, i guess that's okay.

i've heard some people do some nasty things though while on the phone/in the bathroom, and i've seen people continue to talk as they walk in and out of the bathroom. i mean if your phone rings, it rings...but if you're already on the phone? say those magic five words: can i call you back?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #67
Vocal parasite

Quote:
oops!

oh well, it evens out because sometimes we've gone over
You could just spam it to 1,000.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:50 AM
I just ordered all of my albums by my favorites.

My top ten came out with 3 Bowie albums, 2 Springsteen albums, and 2 U2 albums.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #69
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I have a few errands to run, but I'll be back later.....Ax, Khan, Bonnie have nice days/evenings if I do not see you later.....

Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Bonnie, you will have to forgive me this coming week if I suddenly stop to take photos of trams. I think Ali and U-Wen have gotten used to it ...
It's okay, speaking of quirks you may have to get used to me looking for cats every now and then. Not like, big adventures where you have to follow me into the wilderness to find a cat, but rather just casually looking, not necessarily stopping at front yards to see if there's anything. Just a thing about me, I like cats.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

You know, I'm more likely to read lengthy text when it's on paper. Books don't have scrollwheels and tabs and superthreads waiting to be chatted in

Currently re-reading:
Wizard and Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #72
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:

see ya gfynsw

Quote:
Oh, I feel so bad every time I need to reply to a text message when I'm talking to somebody else even if it's totally unavoidable, e.g. we're both waiting for that person to show up and I'm texting them directions to where we are.

And you know what else shits me off? People who continue to listen to iPods when you're talking to them. I had to have an argument with Kate before she stopped doing that around me. I found it indescribably rude.
same here. usually the only time i go text crazy while in public is if i'm by myself, or it's unavoidable like you said.

and are you serious? let alone the fact that i can't hear my ipod and hold a conversation (unless i want to scream everything i say which annoys me) that is so fucking rude.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #73
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
You could just spam it to 1,000.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Have a good one Mike!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #75
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It's okay, speaking of quirks you may have to get used to me looking for cats every now and then. Not like, big adventures where you have to follow me into the wilderness to find a cat, but rather just casually looking, not necessarily stopping at front yards to see if there's anything. Just a thing about me, I like cats.
Ooh, I love cats. Wish I could have one as a pet, but one of the conditions of where I rent is no pets other than fish or birds.

With the photography, I'll just suddenly stop, line up the shot, take a photo or two, and then drop straight back into a conversation like nothing happened. It's like a natural reflex, and probably seems almost funny.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread